PDA

View Full Version : Get a new tank or an X-valve!

stalker0
11-22-2003, 01:00 AM
This one is kinda tuff for me what would u do?
right now i have a 48c 3000psi tank. I could get a bigger tank first or should i get an x-valve?

Grasshopper
11-22-2003, 01:02 AM
What's your current set-up? Also, it depends. Does your field have all day air? Do you usually need more air that your current tank holds? If you usually have enough air, or your field has all day air, I'd go with an X-Valve.

stalker0
11-22-2003, 01:07 AM
This is what i have
Automag 68 powerfeed with opt barrel.
intelli frame.
vent.2 bolt
12vt revvy

What I ordered yesterday
ule mainbody
custom products one piece
gas thru grip.

AutomagRT1483
11-22-2003, 01:18 AM
I'd say go with the x-valve for now and then get a bigger tank sometime soon afterwards.

JG2790
11-22-2003, 05:33 AM
Definately X-Valve. It would be best to get one since you don't have LX and non AGD aftermarkets parts arent' good for Mags (cause I see that you have a venturi bolt on that mag)

soccer4minimags
11-22-2003, 09:47 AM
What is your playing style. Ask yourself do you really need an x valve? Keep in mind with that valve and that tank you're probably only going to get like a hopper and maybe 2 pods off of a fill, if that.
Maybe you should just consider buying an LX. Do you really think you will shoot that much faster. I'd say get a new tank and Lx. Give the x valve until at least spring. How much are you really going to play during the winter anyways. Who knows maybe AGD will have other stuff out by then (tac one).

RRfireblade
11-22-2003, 10:43 AM
If that tanks getting you through a game w/ some extra,I'd go for the X Valve.Keep in mind that w/ the LX you'll get less shots off a tank then you do now so you may need a bigger tank after that anyway.

Jay.

Thordic
11-22-2003, 11:52 AM
I voted for a bigger tank, but only because I don't think a 48/3K will last very long with an Xvalve. Depends how often you want to refill and how much you shoot per game I spose but still.

$tevo
11-22-2003, 11:56 AM
well, i would say an xvalve. but how much do you play in the winter? if you dont really play to much, save your money and when you get enough, get a flatline and an xvalve from agd at the same time. it will save you money on shippin..

Grasshopper
11-22-2003, 11:16 PM
Free shipping from AGD for the hollidays. :)

stalker0
11-22-2003, 11:19 PM
i wish i could get it sooner but im most likely going to have to wait untll the 20th of next month before i can order it

Digits
11-22-2003, 11:54 PM
Bigger tank..

Or..

Just save up a bit longer and get both..

The ONLY reason I picked a bigger tank is because if you get a 48/3000 and an x-valve chances are you'll end up getting a bigger tank later which will make the 48/3000 useless.. But if you get a bigger tank to start with and then once you have the money you can get an x-valve and there's no spending your money on extra stuff you won't need in the end in between.

Or if you get air all day then I'd say X because 48/3k's are nice and tight to play with anywayes.. Hell.. I'm thinking of downgrading to a 48 stubby just so I can stay really tight.