PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting the X-Mag Trigger to be EXTREMELY Short

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
11-22-2003, 11:52 PM
Is there any way i can adjust the xmag trigger to not even require a pull to fire the marker? i want it to be able to fire by just barely touching the trigger with a piece of grass.

is that possible?

pointm@n
11-23-2003, 12:08 AM
I dunno about the whole touching it with grass, but you can adjust the trigger pretty short by adjusting the magnet in the trigger. this adjusts when the HES picks up the magnet...

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
11-23-2003, 12:41 AM
doing that just lightens the trigger pull. i want to shorten the trigger pull

Miscue
11-23-2003, 12:52 AM
Eh... sorta... not really... well...

Why?

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
11-23-2003, 10:52 AM
well i figured if i make the trigger pull very short i could walk it better

xmetal2001
11-23-2003, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
doing that just lightens the trigger pull. i want to shorten the trigger pull

By adjusting the magnet in the back of the trigger you aren't affecting how heavy it is, you are affecting when the HES is activated. Trigger weight is adjusted with the magnets up by the top of the trigger in the frame.

Dayspring
11-23-2003, 11:34 PM
Trigger pull length is adjusted by turning the set screw on the mode selector switch. (Have to take the rail off to see it.)

edboe
11-24-2003, 12:18 AM
this link helped me adjust my Microemag trigger. By putting a small oring between the magnet and the frame the trigger pull is reduced very much.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83104

rikkter
11-24-2003, 08:24 AM
well you'll end up not getting it how short you want it. since the trigger has to move a certain distance forward to 'safely' reset the trigger.
i've spent a long time trying to figure out how short i could get it just for grins, and the shortest i could get it, there was still some amount of movment in the trigger.

if you corporated a microswitch in the emag, replacing the hall sensor, then you can get it this short.
but as for firing with a piece of gras, put like 4 orings +1 magnet for the return

Tunaman
11-24-2003, 08:50 AM
and dont forget...for the utmost in reliability and making sure it actually fires EVERY shot, you NEED to have a LITTLE fore and aft travel in it. Dont make it too tight.;)

xmetal2001
11-24-2003, 11:45 AM
Personally I like it to have a little bit of forward travel with the switch activating closer to the back of the pull, that way when firing quickly i dont have to let the trigger return all the way.