PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on a car audio setup ....

lopxtc
11-23-2003, 06:18 PM
Okay when I get my new car I am looking to have about $500-$600 to spend on a system for the car ... what would you guys recommend along these guidelines ...

Deck --
would like to have mp3/cd-rw playback ... and built in XM or Sirius if possible.

Speakers --

Amp --
Cant go too over board as the trunk still needs to be functional LOL ...

Any other advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

Aaron

rehme
11-23-2003, 06:20 PM
i am also intressted in this because this xmas my mom was wanting to get me a system for my car!

ASDadam
11-23-2003, 06:38 PM
For the Headunit get an Alpine, Eclipse or the higher end Panasonic or Pioneer. Even if it takes you alittle while longer to get the subs and speakers a good head unit is the most crucial part of the whole setup.

rehme
11-23-2003, 06:39 PM
ok i am probably being really stupid right now but what is a head unit?

ASDadam
11-23-2003, 06:40 PM
your head unit is your CD/MP3 player.

rehme
11-23-2003, 06:43 PM
ok i got it now.

i was looking at the eclipses. i like the way that if you cut off power you have to put in some cd so it will play.

ASDadam
11-23-2003, 06:44 PM
Thats just their fancy theft protection. You'd better just keep that CD in a titanium case and hope you don't ever lose it or scratch it. I hear they're expensive as hell to buy a replacement. But they do make great headunits.

BTAutoMag
11-23-2003, 07:25 PM
wow i just went a visited my thread on boom cars i made like a year and a half ago. since then ive gotten pretty decent at car stereos. i wouldnt know what would be the best to buy or nothing, but i could ask my best friend. me and him run a small non profit bussiness. some one gives us money, he buys the best he can with the money and i install it. i just did this one girls jeep really kick. i have this stange fetish with hiding my work... you couldnt tell she had 2 15" kickers in the back or that the entire interior was laced with neaons untill she turned em on. im which case i had to lower the amp and replace the window i broke:)

Miscue
11-23-2003, 07:53 PM
Don't expect much for $500...