PDA

View Full Version : Sydarm KIT! Would you buy?

Meph
11-24-2003, 12:21 AM
I just had a "brilliant" idea a while ago. Prompted by my previous topic on the Sydarm and re-releasing it. After finding out that apparently Tom can have one piece in the Xvalve swapped out and make it CO2-friendly!!!

After adding a few things together, LIGHTBULB. A kit can be made out of an existing mag on the market.

That valve piece, an angel threaded horizontal feed tube w/ spring feed, and an ASA adapter built sideways attached to the rail (so 12-gram adapter would be underneath barrel).

Why not? ULE bodies are angel threaded. Wouldn't be hard to just make something that threads on and then locks into place.
An ASA. Just have the thing tilted sideways with the 1/8" port still out the side, but bolted to the rail like a foregrip. For those that know of course with the rail how the current vert ASAs are mounted, could just use the same approach only with a 90* turn.
12-grams use CO2, add in that new piece Tom has and it's now able to not get chewed up so badly inside. Actually can use stock valve.

Thing is though what would we all be willing to pay? Like $150 for this, maximum?

**If it's hard for some to follow I'll photochop some pictures.

dansim
11-24-2003, 08:15 AM
i would like to see a pic of your air adapter idea i can see the magazine but you lost me on that

Meph
11-24-2003, 10:52 AM
Sure

http://www.pbnationmagazine.com/data/361/1069690724adapter1.jpg

Hey don't expect it to be perfect, I'm going for explanation. And It's early and I'm lazy. But that should give a general idear of what to expect. Unless somebody completely custom built a whole new rail w/ the 12gram adapter built in! That'd be cool, but way more costly.

For this it would be much easier to produce for much much cheaper. Just like your average ASA adapter for the mag, only tilted 90-degrees. So the 1/8" porting is on the right side. You would attach a hard-line just like on a Phantom. And screw your 12gram Adapter into this ASA. Voila, instant air source without major modification or any real airsmithing required except how to properly use Loctite!

Of course that $150 figure I tossed in was just a quick number. Honestly if this was produced in large enough numbers it probably wouldn't cost even $100. Well, not our cost. Have to add in manufacturer profit to make it worth their time, so probably $100 for this kit including fitting would be something I'd expect.

dansim
11-24-2003, 11:16 AM
badger,badger,badger,mushroom mushroom

i see now all youd need to is make a an adapter from the old pt enfocer magaizines and clip style so maybe a slip type sleve and a lock down screw to attack it to a male type feed neck, and the 90*asa....exxxxxxxcccccelent*taps finger tips together*

z-zero
11-24-2003, 12:31 PM
A kit would be cool, but I would like to see AGD offer an entire pistol as well as a kit. Both being available would open up the market it would sell to based on price, the kit being cheaper of course. just my $.02.

z-zero

The Deacon
11-24-2003, 05:11 PM
You can make a mag stock class pretty easy, not quite a sydarm, but it'd still be darn cool. Get a vert air setup, 12 gram changer, an Action Markers angel-threaded rock-and-cock feeder, pump kit and you're good to go! I'd do this is I wasn't getting a phantom...

doc_Zox
11-24-2003, 11:33 PM
i wonder how much work it would take to make the Tac 1 a 12 gram pistol.

i have a MBR/SAW
i need a sidearm

vf-xx
11-24-2003, 11:44 PM
I had this very thought the other day myself. I think the Tac-One body would be better suited to it because there is more meat around the feedneck to make a clip retention system out of. Make it compatable with some of the other pistols out there.

edweird
11-25-2003, 02:01 AM
Yeah most likley I would buy one of them. In fact we discussed something much like this and ive drawn up some stuff to play with when i get a chance.

Meph
12-06-2003, 05:05 PM
Yeah, I bet it would be probably pretty popular especially considering how simple it is (and of course also because it wouldn't cost much).

But of course it would also depend on who already has a ULE body with their mag that would want this upgrade. Otherwise they'd have to shell out another $140 for the mainbody for the tube to fit on.

dansim
12-07-2003, 08:39 AM
okay cant you just take a duck bill and turn it around and connect it under the rail in the front(jb weld maybe)