PDA

View Full Version : Pev's @ AG Paintball Facility... First Impression

FragTek
11-24-2003, 09:38 AM
Well, as some of you here may know, I just made the move from Spokane, WA to Haymarket, VA (right outside of Manassas and Fairfax). I haven't had the chance to play any ball yet because my box with my gear that I shipped through (oh gawd....) UPS, was shipped to the wrong house. blah to say the least.

Anyhow, my nearest local field is Pev's @ AG which I had been told was an outstanding facility. I decided to go and take a look yesterday during the "big game" to check it out. To say the least, I was OVERLY impressed! They have numerous supair fields, including a brand new X-Ball field, and a very nice hyperball field. All of which were surrounded by very nice high quality netting that was easy to see through. The games that I watched were amazing, the reffing action was tremendous! Back in Spokane reffing was pretty much unheard of :(. AG also has some awesome woodsball fields and outdoor scenario area (I didn't get to see this first hand, but the pictures of it look killer!).

My first impression of Pev's @ AG was an outstanding experience. If you live in the N. VA area and haven't been to Pev's I strongly suggest that you make your way there to check it out! You can check out there website @ www.agpaintballgames.com.

Hope to see yall out at Pev's! Anyone else have anything that they would like to add about Pev's @ AG?

Marchborne
11-24-2003, 11:09 AM
I've been going to AG since about 1988, and I became seriously conflicted when Pev's opened their old field down in Woodbridge. Now, we have the best of both worlds in Va: AG's experience (and sweet facility) and Pev's dedication to pushing the sport forward (e.g., the XBall field Frag mentioned). Sometimes, a merger is a good thing.

Frag: welcome to the Commonwealth, let me know next time you're heading to P@AG.

FragTek
11-24-2003, 03:21 PM
Will do bro! Where do u live anyhow?

BobTheCow
11-24-2003, 03:32 PM
:) Agreed, agreed, and... agreed. Pev's @ AG rocks. Too bad I haven't been able to play as much as I'd like... man being in high school takes TOO MUCH TIME!!

Major Ho
11-24-2003, 05:05 PM
Frag, I totally forgot this weekend was your debut to No. Va. Paintball. Did you end up hookin up with pointm@n and company?

Lemme know next time you wanna go out, Im game. Oh, Im like 3 min from the fairfax pevs store.

FragTek
11-24-2003, 05:16 PM
Well, heres the deal... lol. I made it out this weekend, but I didnt get to play for various scattered reasons. I also didnt meet up with anyone because when I called pointman I guess he couldnt hear me well and told me I had the wrong number and hung up, and he was there too, so that was gay...

So, with nothing to do I stayed about 30-40 mins and left. I might have some cash to go and play this coming weekend, so hit me up if you wanna ball!

pointm@n
11-24-2003, 07:34 PM
Woot. It sounds like we can get a mini-AO day going :D

Sorry about this weekend Matt. I guess the reception was kind of bad and couldn't really hear too well. We may be going again on saturday so if you want we can meet up. Ho mentioned he wanted to play this weekend as well.

Yeah I've had some good experiences with Pevs. The refs there are pretty kewl and the guys at the sup air/hyper ball fields get the games going pretty quickly. This past sunday we must have played close to 20 games at the supair fields. Most of the games were maxed out at 15 people on each side, sometimes we were running with more than that. Too bad we couldn't play on the Xball fields since Justice and I think Sin were practicing there. It was kewl as hell to watch "SCUBA Steve" Rabakoff practicing with the guys.

The last couple of weeks, I've seen a lot of mags/emags at Pevs. This past sunday I talked to a guy who had a pretty nice ULEd emag. We talked for a little bit and played a couple of games. He said his other marker crapped out so he fell on his backup emag. I forgot his name (sorry) but maybe we'll see him out there again. We AOers have been representing at Pevs for a while. A big part of it is having Rob Hoover over at Pevs Fairfax. It's great to have him there in case we need any tech support or to flash boards, plus he's an all around nice guy.

FragTek
11-24-2003, 07:42 PM
Pointman, I'm definately down for Saturday! Yet I may not be able to play for fuding reasons. Anyone know anywhere DECENT thats hiring? No McDonalds jobs or ghetto cheese jobs :) I guess Pev's may be hiring someone so I am applying there, that would be a great place to work while I'm here so I will see how that goes.

But yeah, I still have your number so keep me informed of what your plans are so we can meet up at Pev's! Lataz!

Pointman, I never got your real name bro, care to share :confused: :D

magking1971
11-24-2003, 09:45 PM
So the field made anything in Spokomton look like crap? Amazing:p ;)
I do agree that to go to a real paintball field that is worth the price is east of the Missisippi.

FragTek
11-24-2003, 09:54 PM
Todd? Is that you bro? I noticed your in Elk, so I'm guessing that its you... hehe. Team Fart Factory? I love it!

How's it going bro? I moved over to VA for a few months, I will be back in February. But lemme tell ya, nothing in our area compares to what its like back here. Whether it be fields or shops. The shops actually stock thing u wouldnt dream of seeing in Spocompton, and the fields are amazing to say the least.

Hows the Elk Paintball field coming along? Worked on the castle in the outdoor course at all, or is it covered in snow now? lol. Its sunny and 70 over here (well not right now, its raining, lol). Still got those lil ***s coming over and shootin' up your field? I say next time you see em you blow their damn heads off, judgement day style, muahahaha.

Catch ya later bro, drop me an email some time!

magking1971
11-24-2003, 10:04 PM
Nope not Todd but Brian, you might have met me at any of the Tuckers games or hanging out at Army Daves.
We have almost a foot of snow now!!

FragTek
11-24-2003, 10:09 PM
Hmmm, I prolly met you at Army Dave's... I spent some time there workin on my mag :)

A foot? Argh, wow!

Marchborne
11-25-2003, 09:51 AM
Frag: Sounds like you're enjoying our little NoVa paintball home. (heh).

I actually live in Arlington, which is very close in to D.C. I usually hit the Pev's Fairfax store, so I can annoy RobAGD, who's the manager over there. LMK the next time you're going to be at the field, I'll try and meet up.

cledford
11-25-2003, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by pointm@n
Woot. The last couple of weeks, I've seen a lot of mags/emags at Pevs. This past sunday I talked to a guy who had a pretty nice ULEd emag. We talked for a little bit and played a couple of games. He said his other marker crapped out so he fell on his backup emag.

Hey pointm@n! They guy with the ULE Emag was me - Calvin or cledford on AO. My new Viking took a dump on me, the LPR blew up inside the gun and my SCM (which I was waiting to put on) didn't work. It was all good as the Emag (with 3.2) rocked all day long with nairy a chop or break :D

FragTek, where in Haymarket do you live? I "technically" live in Gainesville - but I'm a lot closer to Haymarket. I actually live on the "other side of the tracks" about a mile down Old Carolina Rd. I cut through Haymarket everytime I leave my house.

PEVS/AG ROCKS!!!!!

-Calvin

FragTek
11-25-2003, 11:51 AM
Marchborne: I'm lovin' it man. I have been into the Pev's @ Fairfax a few times now to BS with Rob :) He's an extrodinary fellow indeed. I will hit ya up when I head out to play! It sounds as if I will be playing this weekend actually. What are your plans?

Calvin: I live in the Piedmont Estates right off of 66, I'm sure you know where I am talking about, so we probably live pretty close to each other, we should hit the field some time man! If you ever see a maroon Ford Bronco rollin' around with a bunch of paintball stickers in the back window thats me :) Hit me up sometime!

Holla!

pointm@n
11-26-2003, 08:40 AM
I think I'll say it again, VA-AO Meet? ;) From the look of things we have quite a number of A0-Northern VA guys around and we could pull it off. I think someone's Birthday is coming up so maybe we should go and reserve the Birthday Field :D

cledford - Hey bro, glad you found us on the forums! I figured if I posted here you'll see. I'm the guy in the yellow dye jersey rocking the warped emag for part of the day. Man that warp added some weight and my girly arms couldn't handle it ;) I'll have to do some curls to get used to it... Yeah I just got that 3.2 software a couple of weeks ago and it rocks! Makes me shoot much faster my wallet hates me for it...

cockermatt- hey man I was watching the Xball fields for part of the day. Maybe I saw you, what were you wearing and what gun where you rocking? Did they open that up for pick up games later on the day? When I was watching the local teams were practicing on it. Did you get to play with Scuba Steve? Man he was rocking that profiler mask, that was looking real pimp...

FragTek
11-26-2003, 08:44 AM
W00t, I'm all down for an AO-VA day :) And yes, my birthday is coming up, its on Dec. 5th to be exact (20 yrs. old, woohoo, lol), so how does the 6th sound, thats a Saturday. I would guess that most people would be able to make it on the 6th rather than the 5th due to work, but I may be wrong, what do peoples schedules look like? Lets get this ball rolling!

News Flash: I just ordered my ULE rail and CnC battery housing, I can't wait to get it, ahhhhhh! Thx to RogueFactor those parts! You da bomb man, u da bomb!

FragTek
11-26-2003, 03:01 PM
cockermatt: you down to go ballin' on the 5th or 6th? lmk!

Army
11-26-2003, 09:28 PM
"Army Dave's"...Now THERE'S a place I could get to likeing:D

FragTek
11-26-2003, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Army
"Army Dave's"...Now THERE'S a place I could get to likeing:D

If you are ever in Spokane, WA stop by Army Surplus #4 on Sprague and kick back with Army Dave, he's a great fellow!

team unwanted
11-28-2003, 11:10 PM
i wanna play some ball at pevs.

all tho u guy would probly shoot the cr@p out of me. I'm just a we little lad:p

FragTek
11-29-2003, 12:31 AM
You should come down on the 6th, I think there will be a bunch of us AOers!!!

FalconGuy016
11-29-2003, 12:36 AM
Go PEVS :) Keep an eye out for guys in yellow dye jerseys - that will most likely be members of our team (not many people have yellow dye jerseys) what do you shoot? Maybe ill see you sometime

Sunshine
11-29-2003, 12:47 AM
holy crap i used to live in spokane WA and now i live in gaithersburg MD.
i play at AG, and my buddy works there.
wow that is just a mind blower
im playing there on Sunday Nov. 30

P@AG is THE best field i have ever played at, good people, and good fields. my personal faves are: the compound and the hyperball field with the spyder.

FragTek
11-29-2003, 12:50 AM
That's crazy sunshine!! Hope to see you on the field!

Falcon, I'll be rockin' a blue/black/yellow Chronic jersey and some red dye hybrid pants... and of course me E-Mag :)

team unwanted
11-29-2003, 01:22 AM
hey guys i was wondering if we could get like a head count r sometihng because i dont wanna end up being the only AO'er there.and its probly going to be on the 6th?And is it cool if my friend comes?(even tho hes not an AO'er ):rolleyes:

FragTek
11-29-2003, 08:56 AM
Anyone can come :) I will be there, BobTheCow will be there, Major Ho should be there (according to BTC), and another one of BTC's friends, pointman will be there I think...

Guys, confirm this would ya :)

team unwanted
11-29-2003, 04:47 PM
what time do u guys think u would be playing?(morning or afternoon) because i dont think i could play all day thanks to some retarded family stuff.witch is the worst part of being 14,having no Authority.were u guys just going to play rec r Reserve the birthday field:confused:

FalconGuy016
11-29-2003, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by team unwanted
what time do u guys think u would be playing?(morning or afternoon) because i dont think i could play all day thanks to some retarded family stuff.witch is the worst part of being 14,having no Authority.were u guys just going to play rec r Reserve the birthday field:confused:

Im guessing they are going to play rec... the birthday field would be expensive and... stupid lol, sorry

Ryan, you playing on the 6th?

FragTek
11-29-2003, 05:54 PM
More than likely just play rec... the birthday field sux0rz :) Come on out any time, I will be there all day, along with some of the other guys I'm sure.

team unwanted
11-29-2003, 05:58 PM
what r the field hours?like 9-4 r somthing? welll i'll probly be there from 9-2 i'll be rocking a red dye jersey and shooting my red ule'd classic mag

FragTek
11-29-2003, 06:01 PM
Yeah, i think its 9-4... I'll keep an eye out for you... I'll be there sportin' my all-black ULE E-Mag. Dunno what jersey yet, possibly my Chronic jersey, or perhaps a red dye jersey. I will have my red Dye Hybrid pants on for sure though :)

pointm@n
11-30-2003, 07:35 AM
Hey guys,

I'll probably be there. Not sure if I can do the whole day, that kind of depends on how work goes and if my buddies want to stay the whole day. Also I'm not sure if I can use the emag that day since my freaking ball detent broke yesterday. BTW, thanks again Matt for letting me use the magnetic ball detent. It worked great and I'll be getting one. Hopefully it'll get here by saturday. If not, I guess I'll be rocking the Yellow Beast.

Matt, you get your ULE stuff in the mail?

FragTek
11-30-2003, 08:35 AM
July, I got my ULE stuff yesterday, and its gorgeous!!! Thanks Rogue!

Glad you were impressed with the ball detent, and yes, you were the first one to put paint through it :) Lataz.

team unwanted
11-30-2003, 01:32 PM
hey i just found out that my friend cant go,so i probly will end up staying home:( oh well, just another 5 weeks i cant play

team unwanted
11-30-2003, 02:59 PM
hey guys i was just on the pevs website and i found that they are having some kind of training camp on dec. 6th

FragTek
11-30-2003, 05:21 PM
Is rec. play closed then? Link me please.

team unwanted
11-30-2003, 06:01 PM
i'm not sure if they r still going to have rec.
link (http://www.pevs.com/pevs.nsf/24f17679bafd4dc785256a840064a83f/079db7b44537c5fa85256de9004cdfeb?OpenDocument)

FragTek
11-30-2003, 06:26 PM
Looks like they will still have rec. play open. I will be there none the less!