PDA

View Full Version : new autococker out (yea i know big deal) anyone know if there any good

frost
11-24-2003, 12:06 PM
http://store.yahoo.com/actionvillage/010-143-0007.html

so far it just looks good

danheneise
11-24-2003, 12:19 PM
that looks very similar to a dye cocker

magman007
11-24-2003, 12:21 PM
so far, it looks EXCATALLY like a dye cocker. Everything matches down to the front end, yet saying there is no boomer on there, it makes me think that there was no mistake, and that is the actual marker.

It probabally performs as well as a dye cocker, which really isnt that good

Dayspring
11-24-2003, 12:31 PM
Gary from National brought that with him to SC AO Day 2 this weekend. You'll see a little feature on it when you pick up the forthcoming SC AO Day DVD.

RobAGD
11-24-2003, 12:31 PM
He have some of them at the shop now. Visually they are icky and look like a cheap knock off, typicall 32* product ( and yes NPS owned Psyco Bal now )

The whole font end is copies of dye stuff OR dyd decided they had too much inventory and made NPS on hell of a deal on it.

Cheap is what you get.

-Robert

ezrunner
11-24-2003, 12:52 PM
I saw the one Greg brought out and it seems to be yet another decent cocker clone.

The sliding trigger is consistent and straight, the ram is smooth enough that without pressure the bolt moves freely, and the price is right. The base version (not the mini) was said to retail less than 350 bux.

-rob

LudavicoSoldier
11-24-2003, 01:30 PM
Prepare for DYE to file suit againt the manufacturer. I believe WWA had to stop making boomstick style freak tips due to pressure from DYE.

JEDI
11-24-2003, 02:18 PM
:rolleyes:

adam shannon
11-24-2003, 02:49 PM
its actually called an "auto rocker"...i wont comment on that, chuckle.

dye and nps in a cage match is a fight i would pay to see. i dont really think that dye would want to pay the $ it would take to fight them. most PB desperados prefer to go after the litle guys, not people their own size.

Torbo
11-24-2003, 04:14 PM
i wouldnt get one....its just seems to cheap to be true. And if its like the dye cockers it looks like.....well theres another reason not to own one

magsRus
11-24-2003, 05:01 PM
hmmm what a copy cat

pointm@n
11-24-2003, 08:28 PM
yeah what RobAGD said. I saw one at the Pevs Woodbridge store and I have to say it's got the cheapest anno job i've ever seen. Can't realy say how it performs, but gawd is it gruesome and you wouldn't catch me on the field shooting one.

AzrealDarkmoonZ
11-24-2003, 10:12 PM
My guess is psycho bought all the old Dye cockers. The similiarities are just to close.

Plus I heard DYE is discontining the cocker line.

Az

kenndogg
11-24-2003, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by AzrealDarkmoonZ

Plus I heard DYE is discontining the cocker line.

Az

and thats a bad thing?

GA Devil
11-25-2003, 09:21 AM
its a knock off of a knock off of a knock off....need I say more?

AzrealDarkmoonZ
11-25-2003, 10:35 AM
Niether bad nor good I suppose, I would pick one up if it was not for the screw in bolt. The hinge is good too, but I have never had a good experience with the pnues.

I think it is Dyes old stock just for the simple fact if they were going to rip off someone so much they woudl have used a different pnues design.

Az

jewie27
11-25-2003, 05:42 PM
Have fun with the leaks and timing!

AGD Rules

frost
11-25-2003, 06:50 PM
hey wait one second i never said i wanted one i was just wondering i dont like cockers at all

AkumA
11-26-2003, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by jewie27
Have fun with the leaks and timing!

AGD Rules

actually, every cocker owner should know how to time their guns. i've owned a '98 for 3 years now, and know how to time it with my eyes closed (might take awhile finding screws :p), but hell, its not something to point and laugh at.

but...what i really want to know is, does the phycoballistics "cocker" accept cocker parts?

Kaiser Bob
11-26-2003, 05:43 AM
yeah it accepts all cocker parts, but the anno is just god awful crap, walmart guns have better anno then this thing, and the metal feel like .0000001 series Al, seriously the barrel feels like tin. But its fairly cheap and it has a reverse p-block and phallic pneus...

cphilip
11-26-2003, 09:52 AM
I did look at it at SE AO day. I thought it was remarkable they could put it out so cheap. I just wonder how it holds up. Its price was going to target UNDER 300 if I recall. I thought the finish looked pretty darn good for the price. I seen worse. This one was in a dust blue. That helps cover some stuff so... well I was not to unimpressed with it considering the cost. Never shot it though. The value is in how it holds up in the field and under stress. That I would remain skeptical of at this point. I mean as Tom would say if you gonna make a marker where tolerances don't matter too much make a cocker. You can time and adjust crap out of it as you go along and replace every part in it to make it good. At a cost! ;)