PDA

View Full Version : AGD Pride Takes 1st Place at BFG 3-man

Scooter/Cootie
11-24-2003, 12:21 PM
On Sunday (11/23) we played in a 3-man tourny at BFG in Milwaukee, WI. You can find more info about the event here (http://www.bfgpaintball.com/tournaments.htm#11232003).

We walked away in 1st place, winning $300 cash and a nice trophy. Woohoo!

Out of 11 games in the prelims, we didn't drop a single game and ended up with 1039 points out of a possible 1100.

In the finals, we lost our first game to Team Seige (Who played a great game) but maxed our next two to pull off the win by only 6 points.

Hopefully BFG will have a few pics up shortly from the event at the link above.

We had a great time and it was a blast to get our and play again. Thanks goes out to the BFG staff for running a smooth event and to the teams and players that cheered for us. ;)

On a side note, we were asked to sign our very first autographs at the event. Ha! AGD Pride is getting famous! Too cool! :p

Remember guys, we're doing this for you! Thank you for all your support!

shartley
11-24-2003, 12:44 PM
Congratz.... :D

Crime Dog
11-24-2003, 12:51 PM
Way to go guys! Great news!

wimag
11-24-2003, 01:14 PM
was this an Amateur or Novice tournament?

The Frymarker
11-24-2003, 03:28 PM
hehe awesome! Congrats!

snoogans
11-24-2003, 03:30 PM
damn, i'm pissed i missed that tourny, i wanted to go but meh, some of my friends were playing. Congratulations Pride, how do u guys like BFG? its where i primarily play with some exceptions. :D w00t go AGD PRIDE!

AutomagRT1483
11-24-2003, 03:35 PM
As always, congratulations. ;) :D

BajaBoy
11-24-2003, 03:44 PM
good job

LaW
11-24-2003, 03:51 PM
bah way to go sandbaggin the local tournaments ;) hehe

whopper72
11-24-2003, 04:52 PM
Congrats guys... not to nit pick it is The Siege always remeber i b4 e :) but anyways i hears you guys played great so way to go.

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
11-24-2003, 07:27 PM
LoL Nice Job, beatimg down milwaukes local tourny scene.

penguinpunk555
11-24-2003, 07:54 PM
Yes why is a Am team in a novice tourney?
I was joking about my last post alright guys.

Good job!!!!!

Forgive my stupidity its not my fault blame it on um somthing else.

LaW
11-24-2003, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by penguinepunk555
This is getting old seriously. Playing local tourneys. Geeze. Go play some bigger tourneys.

I'm very dissapointed.

Congrats I guess.

That was very uncalled for I think. I will just chalk it up to your young age. Sure we can make arguments as to why they should not be playing local tournaments but I also dont see why they cannot be playing them? There are teams out there with enough talent, any given day could go out and beat anyone. In my opinion the advantage pride has playing local tournaments has a lot to do with intimidation since they are a "factory" team.

Winning was not exactly a lock either, if they would have messed up in any of the last two final games they would not have placed 1st possibly. Bigger tourneys cost lots of money and there really are not any right now and the bigger tourney's their were they have already played in.

A win is a win! Congrats Pride!

lamby
11-24-2003, 11:06 PM
Yea, what law said..

Congrats to pride for a round well played.

I wish my shoulder was better so I could have made it harder for them to walk like they did :)

Chupas2
11-25-2003, 12:40 AM
we do play bigger tournaments. Just so happens that there are none going on right now so we play whenever we can

Snapps
11-25-2003, 01:56 AM
'grats guys!

Scooter/Cootie
11-25-2003, 09:56 AM
This is getting old seriously. Playing local tourneys. Geeze. Go play some bigger tourneys.

I'm very dissapointed.

Congrats I guess.

Excuse me? I think you need to rethink your post there bud.

In the last season, we played in a number of "bigger" events. How's Skyball, IAO, NPPL New Jersey, and World Cup? Are those "big" enough for you?

We attended a number of local events recently simply because of that, they're local. They're cheap and easily accessiable.

In addition, there are currently no "big" events scheduled, but we wish to continue to play. Thus we'll continue to play in local events until Mardi Gras next year (is that event also "big" enough for you?).

You say that your disappointed in us? :rolleyes: Well, I can honestly say that I am disappointed in your post and lack of respect.

I believe that you owe me and all of AGD Pride an apology. I expect that you'd be man enough to pony up.

I'm waiting...

FRENZY
11-25-2003, 10:16 AM
Congratulations Pride! ;)

Local or not, AGD Pride still makes the effort to practice and participate in any event they can. Not only is that good for the team as a whole, but it is also good for each individual to improve their game. I'd rather hear about Pride competing against organized local teams rather than hearing about them belittling local walk on players and bragging about their wins afterwards (you pro teams know who you are...shame on you!).

snoogans
11-25-2003, 12:29 PM
I'm very dissapointed.
Congrats I guess.

Originally posted by Scooter/Cootie

Excuse me? I think you need to retink your post there bud.
In the last season, we played in a number of "bigger" events. How's Skyball, IAO, NPPL New Jersey, and World Cup? Are those "big" enough for you?
We attended a number of local events recently simply because of that, they're local. They're cheap and easily accessiable.
In addition, there are currently no "big" events scheduled, but we wish to continue to play. Thus we'll continue to play in local events until Mardi Gras next year (is that event also "big" enough for you?).
You say that your disappointed in us? :rolleyes: Well, I can honestly say that I am disappointed in your post and lack of respect.
I believe that you owe me and all of AGD Pride an apology. I expect that you'd be man enough to pony up.

I'm waiting...

Seriously Penguin, they had every right to do this tourny. It was a novice tourny, there are teams there nearly as good as them playing to win too, heck Team Siege put up a good fight against them. Team Pride plays many big tournies, so y can't they play local tournies too?? Dude, just get a life and apologize:rolleyes:
I FULLY agree with Scooter/Cootie on this one.

AutomagRT1483
11-25-2003, 03:19 PM
Nate, that was totally un-called for. What are you even complaining about? You dont play any tournaments. Are you still sour because they came to the BlackRain 5-man? Let me remind you that you didnt play in that tournament. I didnt see anyone else complaining there either, heck everyone was admireing(sp?) them. Playing against Pride was the most fun I ever had. Really, who cares if they play local tournaments? Last time I checked they we from this area. Did it ever occur to you that they need to keep up their tournament skill level even in the off season? Ya know I see these guys and realize that they are everything I want to be when it comes to playing on/for a team.

You better apologize.

Lord_Whoopass
11-25-2003, 06:10 PM
I dont know about everyone but I loved it when Pride and Kids played at BFG last winter... They are the reason I got an E-mag because I seen how great they operate... It also brings big competition to the event and actually makes you better by playing against them I believe... Congratz guys and keep it up...

whopper72
11-25-2003, 06:21 PM
hey scooter/cootie, this is the guy with the pewter x-mag from THE Siege i was wondering if you had notified your teammate about my post... i'd like to know what he or you think cause the problem on my Xmag.

penguinpunk555
11-25-2003, 07:00 PM
Settle down guys I was messing around.But I just feel a lil bad for soem of the teams.

P.S. If Pride comes back to Black Rain wanna show me a lil mercy?

LaW
11-25-2003, 07:05 PM
Settle down guys I was messing around.But I just feel a lil bad for soem of the teams.

yup and we were supposed to know that how? ... right

Why do you feel bad for some of the teams? These are tournaments, you have to bring your game. You dont deserve to win if you didn't put in the time and effort to play that best you can play. You have control over having a chance to win or not.

Big_Chops
11-25-2003, 08:07 PM
dude like Lord said it brings competition to the tourney scene. your never going to get better unless you have a challenge. congrats pride

p.s. i wish i could have went and watched but no my parents signed me up for a conformation class. ahhhhhh

Timmy63
11-25-2003, 08:21 PM
Thanks for the support AO, you guys are the best!!

I love playing local tourneys for the simple fact that you get to make friends and play against people that you know. I always enjoy running into local paintballers on and off the field and what better way to make local paintball friends than at local tourneys.

BTW- BFG did a great job at this one, everything went quick and smooth.

Big_Chops
11-25-2003, 08:25 PM
what's this timmy's alive!!!!!!??????? and posting again. he has to be sick or somthing

LaW
11-25-2003, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Timmy63

BTW- BFG did a great job at this one, everything went quick and smooth.

wow thats something you just dont hear everyday :) haha

Methylphenidate
11-25-2003, 08:37 PM
owe you guys make me so proud
in fact it brings a little tear to my eye
im all choked up

Scooter/Cootie
11-26-2003, 07:40 AM

P.S. If Pride comes back to Black Rain wanna show me a lil mercy?

Like Law said, how are we supposed to know that your "messing around?" :rolleyes:

AND, I'm still waiting for an apology. I think we deserve one after the lack of respect that you've shown us.

P.S.
Thanks to everyone for their support! The entire team really appreciates it!

Bolter
11-26-2003, 08:36 AM
Well done AGD Pride!!! Good going lads, all 11 prelims and no loss!! Cool!!

Whats the next event for you? And sorry if this has been asked I haven't read the whole thread as I am at work! hehe!

Scooter/Cootie
11-26-2003, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Bolter
Well done AGD Pride!!! Good going lads, all 11 prelims and no loss!! Cool!!

Whats the next event for you? And sorry if this has been asked I haven't read the whole thread as I am at work! hehe!

Our next "big" event is going to be Mardi Gras. There may be a few more local events between now and then but it's usually a last minute decision for us to play.

GA Devil
11-26-2003, 08:50 AM
Congrats to AGD PRIDE!!! Good job!

flip-queen
11-26-2003, 05:59 PM
Way to go Pride! Don't let the whiny "joker" take away from your win. You guys deserved it.

logamus
11-26-2003, 06:13 PM
congrats on the win. any win for adg, is a win for everyone who uses adg.

it might be just a local tourny, but what better way to put adg products in the faces of the people who buy them. no ad can compete with on the field producion. imagine someone there thining about upgrading to an angel but sees pride at this tourny and decides to join the mag family because they saw the mag at work and became a believer. not only are they keeping their skills up in the offseason, they are making converts at every tourny they go to.

again, hats off guys.

penguinpunk555
11-26-2003, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Scooter/Cootie

Like Law said, how are we supposed to know that your "messing around?" :rolleyes:

AND, I'm still waiting for an apology. I think we deserve one after the lack of respect that you've shown us.

P.S.
Thanks to everyone for their support! The entire team really appreciates it!
I suck ar writing apologize. So this is what it feels like to ruin ur name on AO. It don't feel to god.

Sorry

LaW
11-26-2003, 07:08 PM

I suck at writing stuff.
Sooooooo sorry?

Wow... was that an apology or a question or what the heck you saying there ....

logamus - can you spell AGD? :) haha

AutomagRT1483
11-26-2003, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by LaW

logamus - can you spell AGD? :) haha

Bwahahahahahaha!! :p adg isn't gonna cut it bro. LOL:p :D
Nothing personal, I just thought that was hillarious.:D

lamby
11-26-2003, 09:40 PM
I will say it again.

I was there, I watched pride play (against my team), I watched pride kick A**!!!!!

Not just are they a good team, they are great guys. They deserve the props they got and they deserve an apoligie.

Pride plays with the most integrety that that I have seen from a larger team. They are honest, dont overshoot, and play clean.

Pride won because they are a team, and worked as a single entity out on the field. It was great to watch.

Pride, if yall ever need anyone to practice against. I would love to let you beat up on Matt and Justin some more J/K.

Seriously, even though I will be in rehab for a while I am sure that my team would love to spend some field time with you. You know how to get a hold of me.

trevorjk
11-28-2003, 03:07 AM
sweet you guys should play the free 3 man in january lol my team IAS will kick prides *** :p

anyways sweet job at bfg if i would of been home i would of gone but i had to work :(

TheAmazingJelloMag
11-28-2003, 09:16 PM
Dang it I was gonna ask for you guyses autographs at the black Rain 5 man but I foregot.

Still I believe that congratulations are in order, so here it is congratulations.

unlike what penguine said I think that you should continue to play at local tournaments. It gives kids inspiration to try harder and play better. I know that after we played you guys at the Black Rain 5(great game you guys ,and thanks for complementing us that means alot to me) I wanted to learn to play paintball as good as you guys. Sure if instead of you guys there was a team of newbs we would have made the finals(25 points off) but you guys gave me something better than a fourth place finish, you guys inspired me to get better.

no i am not trying to be a suck up I am being truthful

penguinpunk555
11-29-2003, 02:15 AM
Alex I'm gonna kill you. That is all.

LaW
11-29-2003, 02:21 AM
Alex I'm gonna kill you. That is all.

Well first of all noone said you ruined your name, just save some face and make a decent apology, instead you just run around the issue like an apology is not necessary for the comment you made... If thats the case then so be it.

frost
11-29-2003, 04:48 PM
man i wish i knew you guys were playing i would have come and watch next u gotta say something or did u and i didnt see it:confused: well next time u play there or w/e im going to be there to cheer u on! :D

LaW
11-29-2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by frost
man i wish i knew you guys were playing i would have come and watch next u gotta say something or did u and i didnt see it:confused: well next time u play there or w/e im going to be there to cheer u on! :D

They had a post about it for an entire week i think :) or at least a few days notice.

frost
11-29-2003, 09:19 PM
thank u law uve been such a little helper to me lately;)

LaW
11-29-2003, 09:48 PM
thank u law uve been such a little helper to me lately;)

Thats what I am here for, to right the youth of today :)

frost
11-29-2003, 09:53 PM
stop calling me the youth!:p

Smoke
11-30-2003, 03:22 AM
First off, congrats Pride.

Second, I'm very disappointed in you Nate, that post just reeked of ignorance and disrespect. I'm sure if you busted your --- to get where you are like Pride has, maybe you'd understand why comments like yours drive some of us up a wall.

The Crimson Men may not play alot of tourney's due to time and money restrictions, but we do our best, and we took our lickin' from Pride (At Blackrain's 5 man) with a smile on our face.

Seriously, THINK before you post.

jewie27
11-30-2003, 04:30 AM
Are you all kicking A$$ with X-Mags and Warp Feeds?

penguinpunk555
11-30-2003, 12:28 PM
For the elevendy billionth time I'm sorry. To Make it up if I see Pride I'll play pain game with them all of them against me. That is if someone lends me an E-mag.

Methylphenidate
11-30-2003, 04:43 PM
To Make it up if I see Pride I'll play pain game with them all of them against me. That is if someone lends me an E-mag.

in order to see that id let you use mine

LaW
11-30-2003, 04:46 PM
For the elevendy billionth time I'm sorry. To Make it up if I see Pride I'll play pain game with them all of them against me. That is if someone lends me an E-mag.

and what does this prove? ....

frost
11-30-2003, 05:03 PM
i think he should have to bake cookies for the pride:p

AutomagRT1483
11-30-2003, 05:09 PM
I think a face to face apology is in order.

LaW
11-30-2003, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by AutomagRT1483
I think a face to face apology is in order.

And maybe some excessive butt kissing, begging for forgiveness...

frost
11-30-2003, 05:25 PM
and some cookies!

frost
11-30-2003, 05:28 PM
think of it this way u get to see the pride and they wouldnt dislike u anymore and neither will any of us :p

Methylphenidate
11-30-2003, 06:18 PM
maybe we should just let emo eat him... ALIVE

penguinpunk555
11-30-2003, 08:52 PM
I can make a pretty wicked frozen pizza.

frost
11-30-2003, 09:00 PM
no anyone can make a wicked pizza i said cookies!

Methylphenidate
11-30-2003, 10:27 PM
cookies are fake

bake them a pie

penguinpunk555
11-30-2003, 10:28 PM
I don't know how. Grrrrr.

Methylphenidate
11-30-2003, 10:34 PM
then buy them all hershey pie at burger king
it is my understanding that butch is perticularly fond of hershey pie

frost
11-30-2003, 10:51 PM
so am i piss me off two:p

AutomagRT1483
12-01-2003, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by automagfreek

The Crimson Men may not play alot of tourney's due to time and money restrictions, but we do our best, and we took our lickin' from Pride (At Blackrain's 5 man) with a smile on our face.

Phhhht, I was blinded by the glare from Timmy's dome! LOL:p I must admit, that was fun, even after I got plugged the chest by Emo through the U-bunker.;) :D

I can't wait until we go against them again. :)

Timmy63
12-03-2003, 08:48 PM
i think he should have to bake cookies for the pride:p

mmmmm... cookies