PDA

View Full Version : whoa! super souped spyder!

dinger
11-24-2003, 08:05 PM
http://www.suprbugman.com/Vader.htm

yowzas!!:eek: :eek: thats the most souped up pimpin spyder i've ever seen!!

you all agree, right?

anyone else got links for super spyders?

FreakBaller12
11-24-2003, 08:06 PM
spyders are spyders
meh it's alright

RRfireblade
11-24-2003, 08:07 PM
Are you serious?

dinger
11-24-2003, 08:08 PM
dude, its a LP spyder with an Air America [right?] reg on it.. and with all the other goodies, doens't seem too shabby

RRfireblade
11-24-2003, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by dinger
dude, its a LP spyder with an Air America [right?] reg on it.. and with all the other goodies, doens't seem too shabby

Sure, not to shabby. But that's not what you started this thread with.

Considering there are tons of closed bolted,pneumatically operated and other totally modded spyders and clones out there,that one's not even in the ball park.

MicroMiniMe
11-24-2003, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by dinger
http://www.suprbugman.com/Vader.htm

yowzas!!:eek: :eek: thats the most souped up pimpin spyder i've ever seen!!

you all agree, right?

anyone else got links for super spyders?
Too easy Drill Sgt.
http://store.yahoo.com/actionvillage/paintball-guns-bob-long-paintball-guns.html

GaryWV
11-24-2003, 08:43 PM
Suprbugman has some nice spiders, check out Pride and Envy, Pride was featured in a magazine. He's also a cool guy, met him at the Spydercup a few years back.

CaliWagon31
11-24-2003, 08:47 PM
but still, over a grand into a spyder, whoa

Top Secret
11-24-2003, 08:55 PM
I can assure you that Nerobro's Spyder is not your typical Spyder inside the gripframe.

ubooze
11-24-2003, 08:56 PM
Man, Nero's Spyder is something extremely out-of-the-ordinary. Its a beast even without the eyes. ;)

1ofkind
11-24-2003, 08:59 PM
Ive seen sicker, somehoW this guy made his spyder into a autococker!

hAppy
11-24-2003, 09:04 PM
otterscustom made his spydercocker

that spyder is nothing special... mine was better

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/xk3nx/vwp?.dir=/1.+Ken%27s+PBguns+Page&.dnm=super+spyder.jpg&.view=t

i got an emag now :D

nicad
11-24-2003, 09:08 PM
the Rail.
http://www.deadlywind.com/project_113.html

oh and MicroMiniMe- love the post/link.

LaPs
11-24-2003, 09:18 PM
There are a lot of pimp spyders out there...swing over to www.spyderea.net if you're really interesting in UPing one, those guys are crazy about it. I got all my info there when I was pimping out a spyder shutter....which I eventually parted out so I could build a custom ULE mag ;)

BTAutoMag
11-24-2003, 09:47 PM
ok if you take a pile of poo and put in some gourmet corn... its still poo

likewise.. spyder = poo
spyder + 700$ in upgrades = yup, still poo

the_next_guy_
11-24-2003, 10:05 PM
I'm not nocking anyone, I started with a spyder myself, but I am just asking why you would spend so much money on a spyder when you could buy somthing else, say a BKO? To each his own but the logic in building something like makes no sense to me.

*ArKfEaR*
11-24-2003, 10:14 PM
Same site, reguardless its still a spyder.

http://www.suprbugman.com/Pride.htm

the only other sweet one is the g3pb vlm spyder, im not sure if he still has it though.

Its still i a spyder either or...

Tron
11-25-2003, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by MicroMiniMe

Too easy Drill Sgt.
http://store.yahoo.com/actionvillage/paintball-guns-bob-long-paintball-guns.html

And you wonder why people still thinks mags are crap. :rolleyes: I dare any sypder to go up against my timmy then even remotely call them the same. At least I am not shooting some powerfeed, grey piece of crap like you mag guys.

-Tron

LeatherPants
11-25-2003, 02:40 AM
WOW that's.....WOW he has a KAPP fill nipple cover.

dinger
11-25-2003, 11:40 AM
hmmm...

"why you would spend so much money on a spyder when you could buy somthing else, say a BKO?"

hmmm.... i think id just abuot rather have a spyder over my bko right now... hmmm...

microminime- pff! those are newb toys!! :D

hhomes
11-25-2003, 11:46 AM
i dun think its worth it to upgrade a spyder..only cause there really just beggining guns. thats what theyre good for. once u get moe into paintball ur gonna want a new gun ne way. also ive shot spyders before and the accuracy wasnt that bad, but the one i had was TERRIBLE lol i dunno why heh i bet i couldnt hit a big red barn door with that jawn :p

maybe cause i suck:confused: :D

-=Squid=-
11-25-2003, 01:57 PM
You think THATS souped up? Look at this one...

RRfireblade
11-25-2003, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by *ArKfEaR*

WARPED1
11-25-2003, 02:40 PM

Too easy Drill Sgt.
http://store.yahoo.com/actionvillage/paintball-guns-bob-long-paintball-guns.html ROTFLMFAO!

Hexis
11-25-2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Tron
And you wonder why people still thinks mags are crap. :rolleyes: I dare any sypder to go up against my timmy then even remotely call them the same. At least I am not shooting some powerfeed, grey piece of crap like you mag guys.
-Tron

Us "Mag guys" can take a lil crap about our tube technology, you Timmy fans seam a lil over sensitive about the similarities between a Timmy and a Spyder. Why so sensitive? Is there just a bit too much truth in the joke?

Also you should try keeping up with current events. There is this newish thing called a ULE Body. It’s not grey, it’s not powerfeed and it’s not a piece of crap. There is also this other new whole Mag, called an X-Mag. It’s not even tubular.

I don’t prejudge a gun type by its owners. If I did that I would have to jump to the conclusion that Timmies are a foolish choice, because you are foolish.

dansim
11-25-2003, 04:47 PM
pwned.

Bucky
11-25-2003, 04:55 PM

pretty much. just sprinkle a little glitter on a piece of sh*t and you get that.

WARPED1
11-25-2003, 05:04 PM

-Tron Why can't you guys face facts? The first run of Intimidators were built by Bob Long from leftover Spyder bodies he used for Milleniums. Even some basic parts were interchangeable. Today, they are a unique marker.......

FragTek
11-25-2003, 05:42 PM
It's still a Spyder... meh.

Tron
11-25-2003, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Hexis

Us "Mag guys" can take a lil crap about our tube technology, you Timmy fans seam a lil over sensitive about the similarities between a Timmy and a Spyder. Why so sensitive? Is there just a bit too much truth in the joke?

Also you should try keeping up with current events. There is this newish thing called a ULE Body. It’s not grey, it’s not powerfeed and it’s not a piece of crap. There is also this other new whole Mag, called an X-Mag. It’s not even tubular.

I don’t prejudge a gun type by its owners. If I did that I would have to jump to the conclusion that Timmies are a foolish choice, because you are foolish.

Like my mag?
http://mail.cjlan.net/albums/Tron/mag.sized.jpg

I am glad you guys can be overly sensitive about mags but no one can defend any other gun. And I am sorry im not pwned.:rolleyes:

I just posted that to prove my point and you all did it well thanks.

Still plan on getting an Xvalve from Rogue and a ULT trigger but till then I will shoot my "spyder".

-Tron

1ofkind
11-25-2003, 06:53 PM
I'ed have to say 80-90% of proformance is from the player, not the gun.

Tron
11-25-2003, 07:05 PM
I agree even though it was not the topic. And I should be the last one teaching grammar but next time look over your post before hitting submit.:p

-Tron

Hexis
11-25-2003, 07:11 PM

Like my mag?

Not really...

I like my EMag a lot more.

I am glad you guys can be overly sensitive about mags but no one can defend any other gun. And I am sorry im not pwned.:rolleyes:

I just posted that to prove my point and you all did it well thanks.

Still plan on getting an Xvalve from Rogue and a ULT trigger but till then I will shoot my "spyder".

You can "defend" anything you want. I can take a lot of crap about my choice in paintball weapons. Wanna call my minimag heavy? I'll be the first to argee with you. Wanna call my EMag a powerfeed grey peice of crap, I'll just look at you funny and others around will laugh.

If you are going to equate all mags to the older stuff, don't whine when folks do the same with your "spyder clone".

WARPED1
11-25-2003, 07:13 PM
Amen brutha! I don't even shoot a mag anymore, but I'll still defend it!

hAppy
11-25-2003, 07:17 PM
tron is stupid for hanging out at a forum where his gun is more superior in his opinion, and this forum is filled w/ guns that he hates?

i just got my emag, and i love that thing

let me think... pretty much all companies work on building different guns, and different styles of how they work. but BL keeps the same design just different bodies, and ups the price 500 each time. im not bashin on anyone like tron would, but hey at least AGD have a wider range of guns to choose from

pb z
11-25-2003, 07:19 PM
humm i guess thats why all the pros use mags, oh wait they dont :eek:

Hexis
11-25-2003, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by pb z
humm i guess thats why all the pros use mags, oh wait they dont :eek:

I guess that's why all pros use any single gun. Oh wait! They don't. Durrr.

hAppy
11-25-2003, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by pb z
humm i guess thats why all the pros use mags, oh wait they dont :eek: bad company uses spyders, and i know they d woop you easily

so.. whats this you were sayin bout who uses what?

WARPED1
11-25-2003, 07:58 PM
Spyders are great guns for the occasional or rec player. They just aren't high quality enough IMO.
You say BC uses them, but whens the last time they made it to the semis? In todays tournament world, equipment counts alot!

Tron
11-25-2003, 08:04 PM
lol my first gun was a prolite because I couldn't afford the mag like 7-8 years ago. Then I got an RT Pro over everything else even though everyone said not to get one. And I still have it just upgraded it. And I still have problems sharing your mentality or even understanding it. A very broad generalization even though I am pretty open minded about everything. I can thank California for that and everyone I grew up with.

Umm xXhAppyAznXx I wont even comment because I am surprised you were even able to type that yourself.

I am not comparing anything to the older stuff I just fed the trolls and you came out in droves. I just spent a good chunk of change upgrading my RT pro and still have more in store for it. But you obviously missed that somewhere and just keep going on and on on different tangents.

I seriously wonder if poor Tom sits in a the dark and night and ponders what to do with his loyalists that are slowly putting him out of the paintball business. All he does is cater to you and a good 90% of you do nothing but bash everything that isn't AGD related. And sink yourselfs, this website, and his good name into the mud a bit further. I am beginning to believe AGD started to fade out not because of business practices or silly rumors (which I never blieved) but because of it's customer base.

I don't want to drag Rogue into this but I am going to have to and I apoligize if it offends you but he is the perfect example. He is one of the most respected people here yet, still gets nothing but crap from all the local pro shops because he shoots a mag. And to make matters worse he is AGD here in the West. I can count the amount of mags on the wall in my local shops on one hand and still have fingers left over. But after all this he wont put down anyone who shoots anything else even if a poke in the ribs, quip. He is a customer AGD should have. I would call him a resller but I don't think AGD supports him in the way an actual reseller should be taken care of. Especially one doing as much as he can out here in your "cocker country".

Ok let me get back to my original topic and get off my rant. There was a post on the first page basically saying "sprinkle some fairy dust on this sh*t (I bet mine is edited) and this is what you get, a timmy." How is this constructive or on topic of what was originaly posted. All in good fun sure but it gets annoying as I showed you when I went of on mags even though I have one sitting next to me with an AGD flatline. As off topic as I brought it I didn't start it and I gurantee wont finish it. I get tired of typing you see and a lot of people here don't or wont.

Get it together people and maybe we can all stop wearing Tom so thin and make AGD what it was before all this loyalty warped it to everyone but you.

-Tron

Tron
11-25-2003, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by xXhAppyAznXx
bad company uses spyders, and i know they d woop you easily

so.. whats this you were sayin bout who uses what?

Stop assuming you're just digging yourself deeper and deeper into a hole. And please don't judge someone you don't know. He could be one of the top pro players for all you know.

I went to Cal Jam a local SoCal tourney at SC Village and a good 95% of everything shot in all divisions were timmys. Pros shoot them because they are given to them, and the rookies and novices emulate that. But no matter what you say they are extremely fast, consistent, and easy maintanence. But you can't beat a mag in that department with an o-ring kit and some oil.

-Tron

WARPED1
11-25-2003, 08:14 PM
lol my first gun was a prolite because I couldn't afford the mag like 7-8 years ago. Then I got an RT Pro over everything else even though everyone said not to get one. And I still have it just upgraded it. And I still have problems sharing your mentality or even understanding it. A very broad generalization even though I am pretty open minded about everything. I can thank California for that and everyone I grew up with.

Umm xXhAppyAznXx I wont even comment because I am surprised you were even able to type that yourself.

I am not comparing anything to the older stuff I just fed the trolls and you came out in droves. I just spent a good chunk of change upgrading my RT pro and still have more in store for it. But you obviously missed that somewhere and just keep going on and on on different tangents.

I seriously wonder if poor Tom sits in a the dark and night and ponders what to do with his loyalists that are slowly putting him out of the paintball business. All he does is cater to you and a good 90% of you do nothing but bash everything that isn't AGD related. And sink yourselfs, this website, and his good name into the mud a bit further. I am beginning to believe AGD started to fade out not because of business practices or silly rumors (which I never blieved) but because of it's customer base.

I don't want to drag Rogue into this but I am going to have to and I apoligize if it offends you but he is the perfect example. He is one of the most respected people here yet, still gets nothing but crap from all the local pro shops because he shoots a mag. And to make matters worse he is AGD here in the West. I can count the amount of mags on the wall in my local shops on one hand and still have fingers left over. But after all this he wont put down anyone who shoots anything else even if a poke in the ribs, quip. He is a customer AGD should have. I would call him a resller but I don't think AGD supports him in the way an actual reseller should be taken care of. Especially one doing as much as he can out here in your "cocker country".

Ok let me get back to my original topic and get off my rant. There was a post on the first page basically saying "sprinkle some fairy dust on this sh*t (I bet mine is edited) and this is what you get, a timmy." How is this constructive or on topic of what was originaly posted. All in good fun sure but it gets annoying as I showed you when I went of on mags even though I have one sitting next to me with an AGD flatline. As off topic as I brought it I didn't start it and I gurantee wont finish it. I get tired of typing you see and a lot of people here don't or wont.

Get it together people and maybe we can all stop wearing Tom so thin and make AGD what it was before all this loyalty warped it to everyone but you.

-Tron I concur for the most part.

FragTek
11-25-2003, 09:46 PM
What I would like to see is Kingman make a truly tournament ready gun. Something that actually compares to some of the industries top current "pro choices". With the money and experience that company has they have the potential to make a badass tourny gun. It's dissapointing that they resort to making kiddy gats.

hAppy
11-25-2003, 10:10 PM
i dont see whats wrong w/ spyders.. they re decent guns, they work and everything, a shutter is a newbies dream gun

spyder em1s are pretty much bko's...

painball
11-25-2003, 10:26 PM
All guns are capable of shooting accurately. It just depends on personal preference and your level of playing. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Xyxyll
11-25-2003, 10:49 PM
Why are these threads popping up on here? And I have always thought that AO wasn't ignorant.

Why put money into a Spyder? Why not? A Spyder and any other marker will shoot the same velocity, same consistancy (if using same air system), same accuracy (factored by same air system, same barrels, and same paint). And I assure you, a Spyder can fully cycle faster than most people think. 40+ full cycles per second. Spyders offer countless upgrade options and can easily be customized. They are simple, efficient, convenient and inexpensive.

Give me factual reasons as to why Spyders suck. I would say that I've never seen someone back up their claims, but one person did happen to post a nice post backing up his thoughts yesterday on another forum.

Oh, it's an inexpensive marker and newbies use it! It's gotta suck!

:D

Ityl
11-26-2003, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by Xyxyll
A Spyder and any other marker will shoot the same velocity, same consistancy (if using same air system), same accuracy (factored by same air system, same barrels, and same paint).

Not quite. Tolerances in a Spyder (and many guns like it) aren't that great. Even with a reg and good paint to barrel match, I wasn't able to get good consistency out of a Spyder (I consider good +/- 2, which I always got with my mag). Or take my Bruizer Pro I had, compare to my cousin's spyder. We had the same barrel, the same paint, but for some reason my gun was always much more accurate. Probably because the Bruizer was better made.

Not saying a Spyder isn't a good marker, it's cheap, and works more times than not. With a good barrel it's decently accurate. If someone wants to put $1000 into a Spyder, more power to him. No way I'll do it though.

darwin
11-26-2003, 03:49 AM
i almost got a spyder then decided i would get a piranna.. then i said **** why spend the money when i can just pony up and got an e-mag.

ive only seen one other person shooting a mag at the field i play at and it was an rt pro. same drop as mine. was a good feeling to see.

espeically when he lit me up mulitple times.

but i love the questions i get from people about the gun or the people that want to try shooting it.

i would still love a timmy just to have around

WARPED1
11-26-2003, 11:42 AM
Theres really no difference between a Piranha and a Spyder. Except Kingman goes quantity over quality. Same guy designed both.

dinger
11-26-2003, 12:38 PM
ANYWAYS

those spyders are nice.

lets not hurt each other in this thread :)

as for kingman making a tourny gun, all i have to say is /me laf :D

they make big beans from newbs, and if they make a higher end gun they would probably be wasting their time since there are so many other really good guns out there. i doubt that it would be that stupendous anyways :\

this makes me itch until BE makes a tourny ready gun ;)

Xyxyll
11-26-2003, 12:39 PM
I had consistancy problems with unregulated CO2, HPA, and badly regulated CO2 and HPA... but ever since I popped the vertical max-flow on the Spyder, I get +/- 1fps. The tolerances of the Spyder bodies are not usually consistant from batch to batch (I give ya props for pointing out a factual flaw w/ Spyders), but some bodies end up pretty nice... and there are aftermarket bodies for Spyders with much better tolerences (BLM, VLM, SBM, VCB, FBM). A properly fixed Spyder can easily be as good, fast, consistant, efficient, and light as any high-end gun.

LeatherPants
11-26-2003, 12:49 PM
As mush as it's a waste to fix up a spyder....I should know. My first marker was a Black Dragun which is another Syper Clone. But I put EVERY part available for it on. And after a month I got rid of it realizing that hey no matter what I do to it it's still a Spyder/Black Dragun etc. It will never be a tourney gun.

It's kinda like fixing up a Civic or any other ricer car. So you get the car to run 13's 12's etc but you know what when you pull up to the valet everyone just sees a Civic.....That's why you buy a real sports car or marker or whatever. You can only fool your self for so long till you realize....yea this thing sucks.

Xyxyll
11-26-2003, 01:16 PM
Please give me reasons as to why a Spyder is not a good tourny gun? What handicap is keeping it from shooting 280fps just like every other marker!

FragTek
11-26-2003, 01:56 PM
What I am trying to say is that Kingman HAS the money and engineers required to POTENTIALLY make probably one of the best tourny guns of all time, yet this is probably something will NEVER happen because they are doing just fine with their low-end Spyder series. The potential is there though, for Kingman to create a great gun.

Xyxyll
11-26-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by FragTek
What I am trying to say is that Kingman HAS the money and engineers required to POTENTIALLY make probably one of the best tourny guns of all time, yet this is probably something will NEVER happen because they are doing just fine with their low-end Spyder series. The potential is there though, for Kingman to create a great gun.

I was talking to Leatherpants. Kingman definitely could put out an awesome tournament gun, but they choose not to because of the success of the Spyder. They tried the whole high-end marker deal once (EM1) and did not receive the profits that they had hoped to get, so they discontinued it and went back to the Spyders. At least Kingman is beginning to move in the right direction (There's supposed to be one or two guns out by Xmas w/ eyes...), but they're makin us customizers' projects useless (ACE is a big project nowadays.. and the minute we start getting it to work, Kingman decides to make it stock).

FragTek
11-26-2003, 02:23 PM
Whoops, sorry Xyxyll, I was trying to direct that last post to dinger :) But yeah, I think I stand where you stand on that issue.

WARPED1
11-26-2003, 02:24 PM
Kingman tried a tourney gun. The EM1, which was a great gun. But no one bought it because it said Spyder. And to the tourney crowd, Spyder=n00bie.:( I love the EM1, I'm looking for one...........

FragTek
11-26-2003, 02:28 PM
I've seen a few people shooting them, but I've never held one or shot one myself, are they pretty nice? Max ROF and such? They seem to be nice guns....

Xyxyll
11-26-2003, 02:34 PM
WARPED1: I found one for $100... could probably haggle him down to as low as $85. PM me for info on the sale.

1ofkind
11-26-2003, 04:47 PM
Nice book reports guys:D , I can't belive you think people would read that.... Novelist aren't fedup for forums, tron, not to menchin any names.

LeatherPants
11-26-2003, 10:17 PM
FYI- I was talking with Todd from the Bushwhackers today and guess what. Bad Company is not going to be shooting Spyders for the new season. According to him they are looking for a new marker since their game has improved past their markers.

So for all of those who used to say "hey a pro team uses Spyders." Guess what not anymore.

EM1 were good though.

I personally never found Spyders to be consistent. Even with a good loader they still chopped. Don't cycle as smooth as a a Matrix, Timmy Cocker you name it. Hell I know its prefrence but a Team that swore by the Spyder is now looking for a better gun....well that tells you something too.

It's not about money either because Kingman supports Bad Company very well....but according to Todd, BC is looking and should be shooting something new starting the new year.

nerobro
11-26-2003, 10:41 PM
FYI, the em1, was and is crap. It's a gun depenant on regs built by a company that can't build a good reg.

I run a spyder as my tourny gun. it's lighter than a timmy. With good paint, and a good paint match, I get a 5fps spread. I can chrono at 295 and not worry about a hot shot. it's more consistant shot to shot than an impulse. (stand behind a guy shooting an impulse fast, watch the sine wave instead of the lazer of paint you'll get with a mag... or any gun with a dump chamber, or a spring driven hammer) And it gets 1700 shots off the 68/45. It also cycles at greater than 40 cycles per seccond. A speed that's only incresing with lighter components.

With Pi's new board, we have eyes now. And even without that, JAM makes bolts that give us the advantages of the LX. The gun won't chop, just resets on the ball and gets ready to fire again.

The Pi boards also uncap the gun ;-) I can set the board faster than the gun can recock. (that's 40+ ;-) )

Ask the guys at the IAO about my spyder. I don't push the guns on people. I don't push mags, I dont' push cockers. (I have both, and love them dearly.)

Bugman's guns are great. They work really well. There's a thousand dollars in that gun, between milling, and anno. Think about what people have spent on lowly mags. His guns preform.

At least one person mentiond piling upgrades on a spyder. Well a dragun in this case. When you do such a thing, you just make it preform badly. Espeically with the newer slim striker guns. All you need to do to get preformance like bugman and I do out of spyders, you just need to feed them right. Good regulated air. Round paint, and a barrel to match.

Dont' attack a gun because it's cheap. And if you want to talk build quality, take a look at the quality of milling on bob longs guns. And compare it to a spyder. the spyders milling is cleaner, and without a ton of time on the polishing wheel, come out clean looking. Or you can take a look at the other guns that have come out recently. Groan in disgust.

LeatherPants
11-26-2003, 10:50 PM
Well like I said it's preference. I like shoot autocockers, I own 5. Lots of people don't like cockers. I don't like current Timmys though I am waiting to see how the 04 are.

If you like Spyders then more power to you....I don't.

BUT I do give respect to Kingman because almost everyone starts with a Spyder and there is no need for them to make a "tourney" gun...they make good money on entry level markers. I don't think they need to waste the time and money to develop one.

WARPED1
11-26-2003, 10:55 PM
The Raven Nexion is Kingmans latest attempt at a tourney gun.

FragTek
11-27-2003, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by LeatherPants
Well like I said it's preference. I like shoot autocockers, I own 5. Lots of people don't like cockers. I don't like current Timmys though I am waiting to see how the 04 are.

If you like Spyders then more power to you....I don't.

BUT I do give respect to Kingman because almost everyone starts with a Spyder and there is no need for them to make a "tourney" gun...they make good money on entry level markers. I don't think they need to waste the time and money to develop one.

I see more people starting with M98C's than anything else these days, which I personally think is the correct and most suitable choice for a beginners marker. Cheap and reliable. I myself started with a Tippy when I began the sport.

I do see a lot of people on the field with Spyders though. However, the Spyders that I see most commonly are the old-skewl Spyders that were actually pretty nice (I think they have gone down hill since their introduction to the industry).

I'd take a Tippy over a Spyder any day.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
11-27-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by FragTek

I'd take a Tippy over a Spyder any day.

Same here

hAppy
11-27-2003, 02:25 PM
tippys have their foregrip and their trigger way too far apart...

after playing too long w/ angels and junk, you realize damn... tippys feel way out there

FragTek
11-27-2003, 02:28 PM
They feel like a Timmy to me... and thats the reason I lost the feel for the M98.. yet its functionality is great.

WARPED1
11-27-2003, 02:36 PM
I had a SMG60(.62 CALIBER FULL AUTO) 68 Special, and a Pro/Am from Tippman back in the days of yore..............

LeatherPants
11-27-2003, 02:38 PM
Well the sad thing is and maybe it's just cali. But I help out at a local shop doind their E Blade tuning and one of the first questions I always get from people who are looking to pick up their first marker.

"Which one shoots full auto...." Of course the second ususally is "Which one shoots farther."

So alot of people at least from what I've seen pick a Spyder...Also Kingman is based out of so cali so I see ALOT of spyders.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
11-27-2003, 02:49 PM
lol i remember my newbish days. i wanted the one that shot fast.

WARPED1
11-27-2003, 03:05 PM
It was all pumps when I started. I wanted the Razorback 3..............

WarpFeedonaSpyder89
12-06-2003, 03:32 PM
the one on the site that *arkfear* posted is wicked, but doesn't look electro. i still think bad companies' AMG classic spyders are awesome, but thats just me

Xyxyll
12-06-2003, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by WarpFeedonaSpyder89
the one on the site that *arkfear* posted is wicked, but doesn't look electro. i still think bad companies' AMG classic spyders are awesome, but thats just me

SuPrBuGmAn's Pride is not electro. Sloth is though. So is Greed (off to the anodizers right now).

WARPED1
12-06-2003, 05:54 PM
Personaly, the only Spyder I like, is the EM1, nearly identicle to the B2K/Impulse, but no one bought it because it said Spyder. To most(not all), Spyder equals n00b crap.

Xyxyll
12-06-2003, 05:55 PM
When I see a Spyder, I see a million doors of opportunity opening. Spyders have so much potential. Only a few have taken advantage of it.

PBCapo
12-06-2003, 08:31 PM
heh, i wish i could post something that actually contributes, but i dont think i can lol. After seeing this and all the true stuff people said about spyders having the potential to be as good as a timmy, i just wonder why they're so cheap. Why do you pay so much more for a timmy than a spyder?

Xyxyll
12-06-2003, 08:35 PM
Well, with intimidators, you pay for the milling and the operation. You can easily and inexpensively turn a Spyder into an Intimidator, but it won't have the same "look."

dinger
12-06-2003, 09:50 PM
rofl how was this thread revived??

did warpfeedonaspyder do a search for spyders and find this? lol :D

StinkNugget
12-07-2003, 08:18 AM
Well, with intimidators, you pay for the milling and the operation. You can easily and inexpensively turn a Spyder into an Intimidator, but it won't have the same "look."

U do realize that would take a lot of work, right? Intimidators run on an advanced solenoid system, where no springs are needed to "re-cock" the gun.... now look at our ghetto little spyder, spring operated, nothing nearly as advanced as a Timmy.

Xyxyll
12-07-2003, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by StinkNugget

U do realize that would take a lot of work, right? Intimidators run on an advanced solenoid system, where no springs are needed to "re-cock" the gun.... now look at our ghetto little spyder, spring operated, nothing nearly as advanced as a Timmy.

Wow, that was ignorant. It is really rather easy. All that's required would be to drill two holes and mill for top cocking (if you don't already have it). One for a barb and the other for the eyes. Then it's just a matter of swapping out internals. It's been done before:

http://www.hunt101.com/img/077057.jpg
http://www.samspaintball.com/pics/MVC-891F.JPG

Works backwards too!
http://www.pbnation.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=1169778

I also wanted to mention that the fact that the Intimidator doesn't use a main spring doesn't make it more "advanced" than a Spyder. Both the spring and the ram in this case serve the same purpose... pushing the hammer towards the valve pin (which is pushed back by the valve SPRING in an intimidator).

Ooo! Advanced Solenoid System! Sounds impressive huh! :D

I'm not bashin Intimidators, I'm just sayin there's no point in arguing. Both a Spyder and Intimidator fire paint at the same velocity towards the target. In fact, the Spyder can shoot faster than the Intimidator... because of the springs. Those darn springs! ;)

dinger
12-07-2003, 11:40 AM

Ooo! Advanced Solenoid System! Sounds impressive huh! :D

timmies have nice A.S.S.'s then! ;) hehehe

nastymag
12-07-2003, 05:58 PM
a spyder was the most consistent gun i have ever had.

i took a normal spyder compact 2000, added a black ice reg, modified the springs , added the normal reg that comes on the shutters, then anti siphon 16 co2 tank ( though i did shoot it with HPA a few times)

i did spend a penny doing this ( well actually i may have spent a little on some fittings) it was all extra parts from my autococker, F4 and all the other things i had lying around.

over the chrono it got -1+. the most memorable was when i got 276, 276,76,275 and 276 over the chrono ...it was amazing. i still could not get rid of most of the kick though.
i dont rag on spyders, i would rather have alot of other guns, but spyders have their place in our sport and i respect that.

jterraw
12-07-2003, 08:48 PM
hey ,
well this is what i have to say about spyders. i've been playin tourneys for about 3 years, 1 with a mag(rtpro), 2 with a spyder.What turned me on to the mag was the level ten- that stupid tounge video., ya know!. BUT IT did get the nick name blender, cause all it made was soup before the lx. then i went through 5 cases with out a ball break.awsome huh.but i do miss the consistancy of my spyder. that thing would nail 295 295 295 on the cronny . something my mag could never do. why, because of the recharge rate(heat) and it's effect on the consistancy, look in your owners manual.I'm a front player and i need accuracy and consistancy in a snap shooting situation. so now when i play tourneys i let my girlfriend play with the rt pro, shes my back man. and i play with the spyder. it really rips. oh yea it's a bob long millinium with a booyah lcd and i replaced all the internals with delron and titanium(dhc), so it has no kick. center flag lp reg, lapco big shot,and only 1 oring that can malfunction. keeping it simple ya know.I think i am going to sell all of my spyders though, to fund a new ule rt pro.I just love that level ten so much.(the spyder does chop.)I have so much confidence in agd and the lx that i dont even take a squeege to tournaments.this is faith i tell you!
And i guess i would give my left nut for pimped out ule emag, but i wish agd would resolve the valve issue, and make a valve. where shot rate dosen't effect accuracy.

Xyxyll
12-07-2003, 09:05 PM
Spyders don't have to chop anymore either! ;)

ACE and Anti-Chop Bolts... :D

WarpFeedonaSpyder89
12-08-2003, 12:15 AM
i'm not a noob, but i still play with a spyder. i play mid on a team with it........i just like them because they are easy to maintenance and throw a few upgrades on them to make them perform a little better. bad company uses them (very upgraded) but they are still spyders.:D :p

nerobro
12-08-2003, 12:46 AM
The bad company guns are virtually stock. They take off the stock reg, and put on a doolie, and a hyperflow screw in. Some of them flip the trigger switch over to make the trigger feel different, and they all run freaks.

the guns are not modified internally.

WARPED1
12-08-2003, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by WarpFeedonaSpyder89
bad company uses them (very upgraded) but they are still spyders.:D :p USED them, they gave up Kingman at the end of the 03 season and are currently looking for a new gun sponsor.............

xrancid_milkx
12-08-2003, 01:49 AM
I thought BC had modified boards in there AMGs :confused:

I started out with a TL+. Man I loved that gun, it was pretty consistant too with my Stablizer.

Off course, I have moved on to new markers, but I still have that TL. I haven't used it in a good 2 years, and don't think I ever will again (although I am considering doing some custom work on it for fun...).

But one thing is for sure, I will never sell it. That thing is what got me into paintball, and I will have it until I get out.

Evil1
12-08-2003, 03:58 AM
That little mag is awesome? Is it quick?

xrancid_milkx
12-08-2003, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by AGDFlash
That little mag is awesome? Is it quick?

Is that directed to me :confused:

(Sorry, I'm a little slow)

dinger
12-08-2003, 12:37 PM
wha???

anyone got a link for ACB's for spyders?

JoyInTheMadness
12-08-2003, 12:46 PM
Have you ever seen the spyder cocker? that's a work of art.

Evil1
12-08-2003, 12:49 PM
Rancid Milk that is directed at you. If that little mag is yours.

xrancid_milkx
12-08-2003, 01:04 PM
Ya, the E-Mag in my Sig is mine. :D

Very compact thanks to my huge drop (I like em, I don't know why) and very quick. Its all ULE'd as well so very light compared to my Minimag. And I love the Morlock Board so far.

Thanks for noticing it, makes me all warm inside :D

robdamanii
12-08-2003, 04:32 PM
Why are these threads popping up on here? And I have always thought that AO wasn't ignorant.

Why put money into a Spyder? Why not? A Spyder and any other marker will shoot the same velocity, same consistancy (if using same air system), same accuracy (factored by same air system, same barrels, and same paint). And I assure you, a Spyder can fully cycle faster than most people think. 40+ full cycles per second. Spyders offer countless upgrade options and can easily be customized. They are simple, efficient, convenient and inexpensive.

Give me factual reasons as to why Spyders suck. I would say that I've never seen someone back up their claims, but one person did happen to post a nice post backing up his thoughts yesterday on another forum.

Oh, it's an inexpensive marker and newbies use it! It's gotta suck!

:D

With lighter cyclitic internals we're talking 50+ CPS. None too shabby.

I shoot spyders quite frequently. I have a few stacked tube blowbacks, and I do love them. I'm building a 1000 dollar spyder project. And why? Because I enjoy the feel of the stacked tube blowback marker and they way the function is tried and true.

If it shoots at 300 FPS and is accurate enough, then it only takes one paintball to eliminate someone. Be it from a phantom, Angel, Spyder, Mag or Talon, it only takes one ball. And if it works for you....then why hate on people's gear?

FragTek
12-08-2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by robdamanii

With lighter cyclitic internals we're talking 50+ CPS. None too shabby.

I shoot spyders quite frequently. I have a few stacked tube blowbacks, and I do love them. I'm building a 1000 dollar spyder project. And why? Because I enjoy the feel of the stacked tube blowback marker and they way the function is tried and true.

If it shoots at 300 FPS and is accurate enough, then it only takes one paintball to eliminate someone. Be it from a phantom, Angel, Spyder, Mag or Talon, it only takes one ball. And if it works for you....then why hate on people's gear?

Very well put. Though I am not a fan of the Spyder, I do believe in the "one ball theory" and there are a lot of markers in the world that do this well, the Spyder being one of them.