PDA

View Full Version : PBX Violator takes 3rd at the global end of season tourny

hardr0ck68
11-24-2003, 11:32 PM
We all shot mags, and they worked great all day. This was only our second tourny togeather as a team. There was alot of hard competation we mannaged to finnish above two other well known AO teams. We dropped one game in the prelims, and almost killed our chances for the finals and unfortunatly locked another PBX team out with a stalemate aginst them (they got 16points we got 24 in a 100max game...) 4 teams went to the finals, we beat one, lost one and stalmated one (but Will one of our frontmen snagged the flag pull for us keepin us alive pointwise) for 3rd place, ~30 points shy of 2nd. We played without 2 ushall team members, Dayspring and misfit, but held togeather perfactly as a team. We only had a chance to do one Global tourny this year under our team name, next season we plan on playing the whole series. We will get what pics we have up as soon as we can (may take awhile, they all need to be developed/scanned). Thanks to everyone who supported us!!! Remember this is just the start for us :D

hardr0ck68
11-24-2003, 11:50 PM
oh yeah our roster was
Will Frontman 845
Rocco back Hardr0ck68 (hey thats me)
Joel back Blazingace
Dimitrios Mid/back octavian (i think thats his handle)
Nick Front (ummm yeah, i dont know his handle)

the guys we were missing were
Nick Back Dayspring
Chris Front/mid Misfit

Dayspring
11-25-2003, 12:23 AM
You guys do me proud even when I'm not there. As soon as I heard I called up Mel (even though he already knew).

Next season will be bigger and better. No doubt about it. And we wouldn't be where we are without the generous support of AGD and Paintballistix as well as our friends.

"You've been Violated (http://www.teamviolator.com), girlie man!"

cphilip
11-25-2003, 09:00 AM
Congrats guys. I am so sorry it worked out this happened the same weekend as the SE AO day. I know you wanted to be here. And we missed you. But we proud of all of you.

JEDI
11-25-2003, 09:51 AM
I guess I'll chime in... Darn you guys!! A freakin stalemate! We're not gonna let up. Savor that one (technical) win guys, because a repeat will not be easy. Every time you guys play Deadcell, you better bring it hard!

But!!!.... thats the best way that game could have gone. I'm glad to see you guys were a force to deal with. Congrats on the win!

p.s. Joel, stop with the glory run attempts... you're too big, and you keep getting shot! :p

hardr0ck68
11-25-2003, 11:33 AM
For anyone woundering what Jedi is talking about, in our last game of the prelims it was PBX violator v PBX deadcell. both teams were on the edge of making finals, and we both wanted the win. i couldent see much of the break, even though i was playing back the run to the back right bunker was LONG so i was running durring the break. BOth sides pushed for feild position with deadcell taking the left 50 and violator taking the right...i look over and notice our backline was either gone or outta position as deadcell moves a man into OUR 40!! i believe it was 3 on 3 at this point and they had our left 40, so i moved from right back to center back LONG RUN go to bring my gun up on the intruder, the same time as a front man on our team goes to bunker him.....and TIME game over, stalemate no one touched the flag, no one got the hang....nothing ececpt elims and live men points. :mad: another 45 seconds and it all would have been over one way or the other, possiable with both teams getting more points. :( we made the finals, but unfortunatly deadcell took 5th or so just missing it.

so next time were gonna make it a 6 min game and violator is gonna have to kill them quickly :D

ogre55
11-25-2003, 11:37 AM
Good job Team Violator.

Ogre

JEDI
11-25-2003, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by hardr0ck68
For anyone woundering what Jedi is talking about, in our last game of the prelims it was PBX violator v PBX deadcell. both teams were on the edge of making finals, and we both wanted the win. i couldent see much of the break, even though i was playing back the run to the back right bunker was LONG so i was running durring the break. BOth sides pushed for feild position with deadcell taking the left 50 and violator taking the right...i look over and notice our backline was either gone or outta position as deadcell moves a man into OUR 40!! i believe it was 3 on 3 at this point and they had our left 40, so i moved from right back to center back LONG RUN go to bring my gun up on the intruder, the same time as a front man on our team goes to bunker him.....and TIME game over, stalemate no one touched the flag, no one got the hang....nothing ececpt elims and live men points. :mad: another 45 seconds and it all would have been over one way or the other, possiable with both teams getting more points. :( we made the finals, but unfortunatly deadcell took 5th or so just missing it.

so next time were gonna make it a 6 min game and violator is gonna have to kill them quickly :D

Haha, very good account of the game. I told my guys, that next season EVERYONE will have a timer. With 30 seconds left in the game, FLAG should be the only thing on one's mind.

Good game guys.

Blazingace
11-25-2003, 11:49 AM
I can make all the glory runs I want JEDI!!! Especially when I have such a great bunch of ballers to back me up.

My condolences go out to Dead Cell. You guys got robbed not once, but twice!!!

Violator won as a TEAM. This is just a great bunch of crazy, psycho killers. For our second event as a cohesive team and the first event under the Violator name we have a really good rep.. We got alot of recognition from alot of established teams. I want to thank the Rock for keeping me from getting bunkered in the last game when I ran out of paint. I would like to give props to Will A.K.A. 845 for being the run-thru king and gettng the flag at every attempt. And to the Greek brothers. For killing everyone that thought we were a walk thru team.

Everyone kept composed after a horrible second game. We rocked EVERYBODY after that.

I would like to give big thanks, props and ups to Mel and PBX for giving us a chance to redeem ourselves. Carlos of Dingo for the support and the comradiere.

And last, but nowhere near least, AGD for making a certified caning, death machine in the form of the 'Mag. We wouldn't be anywhere by shooting someone elses gun. And of course AO for the support and friendly atmosphere.

C-ya at the 50!!!

1stdeadeye
11-25-2003, 12:06 PM
Congrats guys!

You did great! Maybe we should take Nick away from you more often!;)

Miscue
11-25-2003, 12:07 PM
Yay! Violated the competition!

Dayspring
11-25-2003, 12:10 PM
You know it man! :) Remember, that name was YOUR idea.

We'll have pics posted up today.

Originally posted by Miscue
Yay! Violated the competition!

Blazingace
11-25-2003, 12:17 PM
Yo 1st DE. Please do.

From 1st DE.

You did great! Maybe we should take Nick away from you more often!

Dayspring
11-25-2003, 12:19 PM
Bah...

1stdeadeye
11-25-2003, 12:22 PM
:D

Just don't feed Nick any Taco Bell! He likes Gnocchi though! ;)

Got room for a short fat back player who will never attend practice and only make 1/2 the tourneys? ;) :p

Seriously though, Congratulations!

Octavian
11-25-2003, 01:11 PM
once we get all the kinks werked out we will be an even stronger force to reckon with....thanks all for the ups.... Deadcell, it was tight as hell and very very funnn. team, great job all....

straightshot
11-25-2003, 01:45 PM
Great job guys!!! The competition at global is always tough.

theraidenproject
11-25-2003, 02:10 PM
Congrats guys. My team played with you guys at FBM a few weeks ago. My friend is still grateful for you guys getting his X-Valve working.

Dayspring
11-25-2003, 02:18 PM
Glad we could help.

And the scar your buddy gave me will last a lifetime. LITERALLY... ;)

theraidenproject
11-25-2003, 02:39 PM
Haha, he told me about that. His knee is still really screwed up from sliding into that bunker stake. He even designed a new way to keep inflatables on the ground. I'm just glad he's off the antibiotics that made him fart all the time.

paintballpapa
11-25-2003, 04:45 PM
yo dayspring i bet my scar is biger then yours. hahah jk
no but seriously the stich came out and it had to heal like totally open and it is still healing know. it sux cuz i cant play pb til it heals cuz i am a front man and NEED to slide, but u know that lol.

Dayspring
11-25-2003, 04:50 PM
I'm just glad we could first-aid you at the field enough to get you to a doctor.

11-25-2003, 05:42 PM
I am still sore

paintballpapa
11-25-2003, 08:31 PM
yeah thanks by the way

Dayspring
11-26-2003, 10:36 PM
http://www.teamviolator.com/Images/Violator1.jpg

http://www.teamviolator.com/Images/Violator2.jpg

FistS
11-27-2003, 01:26 AM
Nice Timmy there Will:P
You guys played well this past weekend. I'll be expecting you to turn 7man thought for next year's global, right?:)

Have a nice thanksgiving boys.

-Fists

Blazingace
11-27-2003, 01:29 AM
We expect the same from you guys on Deadcell. That was one of the best games all day. A stalemate was pretty good considering. It won't be the same next time, I promise that.

JEDI
11-27-2003, 12:17 PM
Ahh, I knew something was up. You guys cheated. Whats with the Timmy shooter? Timmies are for cheaters, that match didnt count.

shartley
11-27-2003, 12:21 PM
Congratz guys. :)

hardr0ck68
11-27-2003, 12:58 PM
We all shoot mags as primarys, but some of us (like will)use non-mag back ups. Will (845) shoot the timmey for the first few games he played because his X wasent set up when he got there (5 min before a game). The timmy was all set up and ready to go (the X needed a drop, asa and air). But yeah the timmy chopped paint no him (some friggin eye) and he shot his X most of the day.

Matt1427
11-27-2003, 08:13 PM
whos the hippie in the ao jersey?

p.s beards are the way to go.

paintballpapa
11-27-2003, 08:30 PM
i got a beard

Dayspring
11-28-2003, 12:01 AM
The "hippie" is our very own Hardr0ck68.

hardr0ck68
11-28-2003, 03:28 PM
I AINT NO MOTHER SUCKIN HIPPY, im some sort of punk/redneck hybread!! but i aint no hippy!!

Matt1427
11-28-2003, 03:34 PM
sorry if i offended you man, theirs nothingh wrong with hippies.

1stdeadeye
11-28-2003, 05:58 PM
Hey Matt1427,

Nice Spyder in your sig!:p

Read your owners manual. Tom Kaye told us what is says!:D

Matt1427
11-28-2003, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by 1stdeadeye
Hey Matt1427,

Nice Spyder in your sig!:p

Read your owners manual. Tom Kaye told us what is says!:D
lol, yea its a great spyder. !deadeye I dont get the read your manual part?

1stdeadeye
11-29-2003, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by Matt1427

Read it. It actually says that your gun works like a Spyder in it. Tom Kaye told us all about it. He laughed at the fact that Bob Long actually put that in there.

Albinonewt
11-29-2003, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Dayspring
And the scar your buddy gave me will last a lifetime. LITERALLY... ;)

Wanna compare scars?

Good job guys. You wouldn't have wanted Dayspring anyways, he was a little tipsy and wouldn't have been much help. Plus he can't even take an unarmed man!

Matt1427
11-29-2003, 02:06 PM
quote:

yea but a timmy is way better than a sypder, it is similar in looks but not performance wise! But yeah I hear enough spyder jokes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Matt1427

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read it. It actually says that your gun works like a Spyder in it. Tom Kaye told us all about it. He laughed at the fact that Bob Long actually put that in there.

paintballpapa
11-30-2003, 02:02 PM
Wanna compare scars?
haha i got a 5" scar on the top of my head from when i got scalped, u could see my skull.

Load SM5
11-30-2003, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by hardr0ck68
I AINT NO MOTHER SUCKIN HIPPY, im some sort of punk/redneck hybread!! but i aint no hippy!!

Wooo I'm rolling.:p

Redneck for sure. I would've said bizarre mountain man burnout myself. Nice look.;)

Congrats guys.