PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Impulse

Rope a Dope
11-25-2003, 06:12 PM
Yeah it's a Smart Parts gun... it's my bosses..

We can't get it to shoot over 250fps.. I've turned the max flo reg until the blow off valve blows. I just put in a fresh battery too. Good paint to barrel match.. it just won't shoot hard enough. He said he turned the dwell all the way up...

It has a Jack Hammer II LPR on it as well.

I know nothing about Impulses.. help!

wallace9111
11-25-2003, 07:42 PM
is he using co2? If not open up the back of the tube on the right side where the lpr hose goes and rip out the filter. See if that opens up some flow. You might need to clean out the max flo or the solinoid also.

Rope a Dope
11-25-2003, 08:58 PM
He's using air, it worked fine before but all of a sudden he can't shoot over 250fps...

Thanks for the advice, I'll give that a try.

Also, anyone know of an impulse forum I can maybe ask on?

hobbesTZ
11-25-2003, 10:38 PM
www.impulseownersgroup.com

f3rr3+
11-26-2003, 01:56 AM
you know how to adjust dwell right? and your doing so right?

I know you probably do, but im just making sure...

If not its quite simple, there are two black buttons, the left one adjusts down and the right one adjusts up, they adjusts the time the valve is open and how much air gets into the gun, adjust those to adjust your velocity...

Rope a Dope
11-26-2003, 10:46 AM
My boss says he has it all the way up... but I think I'll try for myself, lol. Thanks :)

So far I did what I could... and that's clean and lube it, lol. I took out the ram and cleaned it all (he has never done this) and greased it with shocker lube, then took apart the max flo and cleaned and greased that, cleaned the breech and even replaced the bolt with a derlin one and then put some oil in the asa and fired the gun.

He never cleans or oils his guns.. now that I'm working there, I'm his personal tech, lol, so I guess I gotta learn impulses.. I was so happy when he borught me an old Mag and had me work on it. He was surprised when I got it working, he thought it would never work again.. but I had every part to it in my parts box :)

FragTek
11-26-2003, 10:56 AM
Ok, it could be a problem with the MaxFlo, mine did this exact same thing. If you turn it up as far as it goes before the blow-off starts to vent and you cant get the velocity past 250 then you probably have a bad blow-off on the Maxxy. This was the problem with mine, they regularly go bad or come off of the assembly line defected, such as mine did and they vent at a prematurely low pressure. Check that out and see if it helps. Your local shop or tech. will probably have one of these in their tool kit.

Let me know if that works.

Blazingace
11-26-2003, 08:42 PM
Is the LPR new? If it is, it might need to be disassembled and looked at. There is nothing wrong with it. If they are new they stick and you can't turn up the velocity. The LPR can change the velocity. Don't turn it up too much but put 230 PSI into the gun, about 10 beeps into the dwell and adjust the velocity with the LPR. The bolt might be up side down too. Cockers will do the same thing with the bolt in upside down.

FragTek
11-26-2003, 08:46 PM
An impy wont fire with the bolt upside down, there is only an air inlet on one side of the bolt.

hhomes
11-26-2003, 09:22 PM
never cleaning an impulse is bad...you gotta clean and greese em after every day of play. i dunno if thats the prob but damn i dont understand why he would never clean it lol ;)

Blazingace
11-27-2003, 01:34 AM
Most new cocker bolts are the same way. With the port on the bottom only. If you put it in upside down the gun will not reach velocity. No matter what you do to increase the velocity nothing works. The same would go for the Imp. Maybe not as bad, it is worth looking at.

sneakyhacker420
11-27-2003, 02:00 AM
DONT turn the dwell all the way up
keep it between 1 and 5, otherwise it just starts getting crappy

turn up the LPR a little bit because that affects how hard the ram hits the valve