PDA

View Full Version : cphilips bone head day....

cphilip
11-26-2003, 12:43 PM
yesterday I was working on two markers at the same time. A X mag and a older smart valve mag for Geremy at Gold Dragon.

So he comes over and I had already rigged up this Xmag with a tank and fired it a few times and I so when he gets here I hand it to him to try. Well it does not shoot. So I am like hmmmm... So I take it from him and for me... no shoot.

So I get him started tearing down the smart mag while I dissasemble the Xmag. Of course the on off pin is sticking out on the X mags valve so I have to take the body off. Well I go through this thing and all the while we are stoping and messing with this smartvalved thing too. Back and forth between them.

By the way; We just about end up gutting the smartthingie and replacing all the weird stuff with stock stuff to get it fixed. Interesting thing with that one is we found no reg seat at all in it! But thats another story...

So now remember all this while I am taking a Smart Valve Mag all the way apart I am also going back and forth with the X mag several times taking it apart and checking and lubing stuff and even measuring stuff with the calipers and all trying to get it to shoot too...

I bet I took it apart like three maybe even FOUR full times and put it back together because each time the On Off pin was down and catching the body and so the valve would not slide out... So you gotta take it apart the hard way. So I do. Got plenty of air so can find no problem at all!

Well finaly I get it together the last time and still no shoot! I am bad with a cold the last few days and taking some medications for that so I am in no mood for this crap. I am pissed. I am stumped at this point... So then I just happen to notice something....

So guess what it turned out to be?

Hint: Life is so simple but we can make it harder if we try.... :D

sharpshooter1286
11-26-2003, 12:47 PM
u put the classic valve in the x-mag

or there was no air in the tank

Potatoboy
11-26-2003, 12:49 PM
dead battery/not flipping the switch/not removing pin.

cphilip
11-26-2003, 12:49 PM
Nope already said air was checked and good. Vavle was indeed pressuring up.... Nothing was found out of spec including all orings and length of pin or sear everything measured with calipers and properly replaced SEVERAL times!

Keep guessing.

cphilip
11-26-2003, 12:50 PM
Battery would not matter. Would not shoot period even in manual...

cphilip
11-26-2003, 12:51 PM
See how we forget the simplest things? :D

Dayspring
11-26-2003, 12:51 PM
Either the safety was on or the gun was turned off.

pbzmag
11-26-2003, 12:52 PM
Saftey?

cphilip
11-26-2003, 12:52 PM
Day got it...

Safety!

DOOOOOOOH!!!!! :eek:

dinger
11-26-2003, 12:53 PM
something was missing in the valve

safety was on

dinger
11-26-2003, 12:54 PM
omg

i said saftey while there were only 5 posts.. and in the meantime of reading and typing my post, the contest ended! SHEESH

ntn4502
11-26-2003, 12:54 PM
good god phil, it took that long to figure out?

...wow

cphilip
11-26-2003, 12:56 PM
If something woulda been missing I woulda found it.

So basicaly I "over teched" this marker. Complicating the whole thing by thinking too technical from the get go. I was digging into my technical side of my brain without consulting my practical side....

cphilip
11-26-2003, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by ntn4502
good god phil, it took that long to figure out?

...wow

Yep I hate to admit it but it did. Normaly you cannot get the Sear pin in real easy without the safety off or at least jiggling it. But somehow that never happened so I did not realize it. I never put the safety on so I have no idea how it got on. But I never checked! NEVER! till the last time I put the sear pin in then it dawned on me... that was like the fourth time reassembling it. LOL!

Course I was on Dayquil and probably my "Tack" was not the sharpest at the time.

Dayspring
11-26-2003, 01:01 PM
Yay! I win!

My prize?

Never seeing Phil walk into a room without pants EVER again. :D

cphilip
11-26-2003, 01:03 PM
Done!

Its funny now looking back on it. I suspect I am not the only one to do this.

Thing is I must have put that safety on at some point and do not remember it. And its odd because I never use the "Safe" side of a safety. Not since the time I found mine on after the break.... another story! ;)

Duke Henry
11-26-2003, 01:03 PM
I have to admit when I used my Emag for the first time at a tournament this year, I walked over to the chrony and the gun would not shoot.

I checked the air, and was confused. By the time I walked back to my toolbox to get my allen keys (which I had forgotten anyway since I needed in case I had to adjust my velocity) since I thought that maybe my velocity was too low (for LX), it occured to me that I still had my darn safety on.

I quickly grabbed the allen keys and spoke not a word of this to ANYONE..............until now!!!

;)

cphilip
11-26-2003, 01:07 PM
SAFETY BONE HEADS COME OUTA THE CLOSET!!!! You know your out there!!!

:D

dinger
11-26-2003, 01:11 PM
whats this about phil with no pants??

... sounds bad... time to plug ears =O

cphilip
11-26-2003, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by dinger
whats this about phil with no pants??

... sounds bad... time to plug ears =O

Don't worry I was wearing an AO Barrel condom. Oh.....Safety again! :eek:

wish-had-a-mag
11-26-2003, 01:47 PM
Hey I know that story.....

First I took out my whole trigger assembly because i thought there was a shell in there, then bent a spring and had to sit out a game.

I don't even want to think about how many times I have thought I put on the safety and started to show somebody how I shoot, and end up with a ten minute cleaning of my barrel.

I even started a game and since nobody saw me, I satrted to bunker a guy without ever taking a shot, and my gun didnt shoot. I still have welts from that one.

personman
11-26-2003, 01:57 PM
When I first got my emag at the shop the dude aired it up and it wouldnt fire, and we spent 20 mins looking at it and taking it apart before we realised the saftey was on.
Silly saftey :rolleyes:

Hexis
11-26-2003, 02:13 PM
After shooting a team mate before a game on one occasion I am now dork about keeping mine on safe all the time. And it's come back to bite me in the butt twice on the break. I miss the Powerfeed saftey, that was easy to remember.

C_22
11-26-2003, 02:30 PM
Happened to me cphil, first day with my X-Mag. Lots of curses flew at my marker... untill of course I remembered the safety. :rolleyes:

cphilip
11-26-2003, 06:53 PM
LOL well I suspect its happened to a lot of us. Simple thing... simple thing... Oh well! :( :D :cool:

Tunaman
11-26-2003, 07:01 PM
I had 5 hrs into one a while back...then...click. All fixed! Aint no shame in missing that one. We all have done it. You got some good practice too at the same time. At least it does the job it was designed for. A safety that keeps the marker safe...what a concept!:D :D :D

cphilip
11-26-2003, 07:07 PM
heh... well this marker is Well Lubed and Well within evey spec there is I can GARANTEE you that. Not all was lost. It's been gone over with a fine tooth comb so to speak. And... the safety was WELL tested too!!!! :D

davidnj
11-26-2003, 08:38 PM
Im confused, with the safety on the trigger shouldn't pull...at least thats how my ule mags, cocker, etc work. Is an x mag different somehow when the safety is on?

Tunaman
11-26-2003, 08:48 PM
The safety is a sear locking mechanism. With the gun turned on, the solenoid will still click...sounding like a non-firing issue.

cphilip
11-26-2003, 08:52 PM
Yep and it will click away and swing some so you think its pulling some in manual too. Just will not pull enough to fire the on off pin in to let the air go. Stops short. There are several other symptoms like that when something is wrong in the on off. It can fool ya. Well it did get me AGAIN!

sneakyhacker420
11-26-2003, 09:34 PM
answer my PM about the x-mag and you'll be less of a bone head ;) :p

cphilip
11-26-2003, 10:09 PM
Otay done! :D

sneakyhacker420
11-26-2003, 11:05 PM
i admire your intellectual superiority phil :cool: