PDA

View Full Version : Force of Natures Offical Announcement of Dynasty going to Smart Parts ....

lopxtc
11-26-2003, 04:43 PM
Dont think it can get any more offical than this ...

http://www.forceofnature.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=776&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

Even got them sitting around the table in SP shirts ...

:) I think I just heard the resale value of my 03 Shocker going up ... now to find a fan boy to pawn it off on.

Aaron

Mango
11-26-2003, 05:24 PM
Wow, must be nice.

Python14
11-26-2003, 05:30 PM
Wow, Dye must be jumping in their pants. They've just lost their biggest poster boy(Yoshio) to one of their biggest competitors.

DiRTyBuNNy
11-26-2003, 05:35 PM
well...it says that the terms of the deal were undisclosed but rumors state it was probably $100k up front and then $100 per gun royaly on the sales of a new Dynasty Edition Shocker...guess they got sports agents for a reason..

Big_Chops
11-26-2003, 05:44 PM
they have lost all there respect from me

Mango
11-26-2003, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Big_Chops

LOL I'm sure they lose sleep over it.

cphilip
11-26-2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by DiRTyBuNNy
well...it says that the terms of the deal were undisclosed but rumors state it was probably $100k up front and then $100 per gun royaly on the sales of a new Dynasty Edition Shocker...guess they got sports agents for a reason..

Rumor I heard was it was more than that up front and it was given as "so much per man per year". Enough for a lot of people to live on easily in some areas of the country. Making them truely professional paintballers if so. It was an amount that might be considered a decent annual salary most places for what they doing. Didn't hear royalty mentioned. But then again its all rumor at this stage isn't it?

They just flat out bought em away. Big money. Hope they can justify it. And hope no one screws up cause at that kinda money you do not tow the line or live up then your gone. Its kind of like hire and fire at will when its a job now. It could just take all the fun out of it for the them.

Ov3rmind
11-26-2003, 06:18 PM
Wow, it sounds like these guys will actually be able to live off of playing NPPL tournaments. As much as I hate SP, you gotta admit that would be "the life".

cphilip
11-26-2003, 06:33 PM
Well its often the death of something fun though. Think about it... screw up and not act right at a promo... your gone... do something stupid... your gone.... and on and on. You think them guys can clean up in public EVERY time they are ordered to appear in public? Ha! Well we see... ;)

Doc Nickel
11-26-2003, 07:02 PM
You guys are seeing the key right here, in realtime.

Smart Parts will, of course, now be hyping the Shocker as "Dynasty's Gun of Choice!" when you can see right here, in black and white, the team switched for no other reason than SP offered more money than WDP.

It's big-money marketing, happens everywhere. Celebrities rarely, if ever, promote a product because they simply want to. They promote it because they're PAID to.

Dynasty would shoot E-Spyders if Kingman paid 'em $100,000 a year and $100 per gun sold.

In other words, SP advertising will "spin" this as implying the gun is so good Dynasty chose it over all others, when in fact the reality is, they paid the team a fortune to specifically showcase the marker.

Doc.

LaW
11-26-2003, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Big_Chops

Just like mango said I am sure they dont care :)

cphilip
11-26-2003, 07:20 PM
Well what bothers me most about this whole thing is the danger it poses to us in losing the old fashioned "Tinkering" network that was always the charm of early Paintball Manufacturing. People like you Doc.. and Tom... and others like you that shared and developed for the fun of it and just to make a decent living at it too... and built it up from nothing really. And now all we see is the typical Corporate "Nike" type promo greed taking hold of it all. I guess I am nieve enough to think we coulda stayed fun and friendly in this business and that MAYBE we could do it different than the others. Alas I was wrong...well not really wrong totally because I did worry and all but... just wishing it could be the old way is all.... (sigh) :( I feel drained and defeated by all this. I am in mourning for the death of the "fun" in paintball as it seemed to me. I just do not know anymore.

LaW
11-26-2003, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by cphilip
Well what bothers me most about this whole thing is the danger it poses to us in losing the old fashioned "Tinkering" network that was always the charm of early Paintball Manufacturing. People like you Doc.. and Tom... and others like you that shared and developed for the fun of it and just to make a decent living at it too... and built it up from nothing really. And now all we see is the typical Corporate "Nike" type promo greed taking hold of it all. I guess I am nieve enough to think we coulda stayed fun and friendly in this business and that MAYBE we could do it different than the others. Alas I was wrong...well not really wrong totally because I did worry and all but... just wishing it could be the old way is all.... (sigh) :( I feel drained and defeated by all this. I am in mourning for the death of the "fun" in paintball as it seemed to me. I just do not know anymore.

It was inevitable.

LudavicoSoldier
11-26-2003, 07:26 PM
Hmmm...that pic sure has a Microsoft esque feel to it. "The corporate giants of paintball". Personally, I could give a *EDIT* Never again circumvent the swear filters. I will ban you. Army less what any pro team anywhere is doing, they dont represent the paintball I play.

cphilip
11-26-2003, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by LaW

It was inevitable.

I know... but still it saddens me... And I not going to enjoy it like its going.

magman007
11-26-2003, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Python14
Wow, Dye must be jumping in their pants. They've just lost their biggest poster boy(Yoshio) to one of their biggest competitors.

last i checked, Yosh Rau was still Playing for the Iron men and he hasnt left yet...

EDIT: i stand corrected, sorry!

Curly
11-26-2003, 07:59 PM
Well its often the death of something fun though. Think about it...

You are 100% correct. Angel Fragazoa told me that paintball quit being fun for him years ago.

cphilip
11-26-2003, 08:18 PM
And he knows... he knows... Sad isn't it? They will learn some day soon. but ya know... there will be some other kid right behind him that thinks he is hot and is, and thinks that's the way to go. Till he finds out it's now just work. Then it will ruin it for him and so it goes on and on... never ends. And all the money in the world will never make you happy. Seriously, it will not. but take away something dear to you and you never can BUY it back. You gotta learn them lessons the hard way. I can tell you all day long but you gotta learn em for yourself.

Blazingace
11-26-2003, 08:34 PM
Number one: As much as you guys think that one guy losing respect is no big deal, imagine 1000 or more with the same feeling. I feel the same way. Yosh is one of my favorite players and I don't feel the same way. Makes Todd leaving shock because of travel and practices a little shady? Especially since he played several games with Strange.

Number two: It only makes me detest SP even more. Why, I don't know, I just do. I hope those Shockers explode after 2 games.

Remember this day. It marks a major turn in PB. This is history in the making. Bad history, but history none the less.

Army
11-26-2003, 09:19 PM
Why does that picture remind me of "Waynes World", when Wayne finds out how much he really owns and runs his TV show AFTER the corporate buy-out....

Picture again Garth, sweating heavily: "I'm having fun....I'm having fun..."

RetroEclipseMan
11-26-2003, 09:41 PM

We asked Owen at WDP about the rumors and he said that "Dynasty has told just about everybody else except for us [about the Smart Parts deal], it's a little bit discourteous and unprofessional. It looks like they are going to shoot Smart Parts guns. They left us not because they think Smart Parts guns are the best, but because Smart Parts is paying them a lot of money. That's money that Smart Parts got by suing everyone in the industry"

I just thought that was probably the most true statement I've heard in a while and now after hearing this my maxflow is going up for sale for sure.

I know that tourny ball is only a minor part of paintball as a whole but that's a big part of the image that is portrayed to the public. I know I haven't been around the sport all that long (only 5 years) but I can honestly say that I liked it the way it was when i started. Now it seems like the small community that once was paintball has just been demolished by corporate companies like SP that are just trying to take it all for themselves.

kevdupuis
11-27-2003, 02:37 AM
(Dynasty has chosen to endorse a private label Shocker).
I love that. But shouldn't it read.
(We now Own Dynasty and are telling them to push an over priced Shocker that operates the same as any other Shocker but have added their name to).

I know, a bit long but hey.

Gadget
11-27-2003, 04:16 AM

We asked Owen at WDP about the rumors and he said that "Dynasty has told just about everybody else except for us [about the Smart Parts deal], it's a little bit discourteous and unprofessional. It looks like they are going to shoot Smart Parts guns. They left us not because they think Smart Parts guns are the best, but because Smart Parts is paying them a lot of money. That's money that Smart Parts got by suing everyone in the industry"

Heh, the irony of it all. That statement from WDP is like Pol Pot criticising Hitler for being a nasty man. :rolleyes:

Most big companies in paintball are very shady when it comes to business deals - AGD is one of the few I wouldn't include in 'most', which is probably why they're not making as much money as SP or WDP.

I wish people would stop donning rose-tinted glasses and referring to the past as being an age of innocence. Paintball has ALWAYS been packed with companies only too happy to rip people off and try to backstab their competition - it's just that back then news didn't spread as far or as fast. Now we all get to hear about it thanks to the net.

Toxic Dave
11-27-2003, 11:39 AM
Any team in Dynasty's position would have done the exact same thing. Smart Parts takes care of their teams better than just about every other company in paintball, and the #'s that are being thrown around it's a no-brainer for them to work together. Dynasty is going to sell a ton of product for SP, they are the most marketable team in paintball, they're very good players, young and are well spoken. SP will get their investment back quickly, and SP will allow these guys to do nothing for a living but play paintball, very few people would turn that down.

WDP did alot for those guys, but they were awesome before they signed with them, and they will be even better when they can shoot a gun that is as accurate as the shocker with the rof that the Angels were lacking. I watched a couple of their X-ball games at WC and the were getting outshot badly by Legacy and the Naughty Dogs.

dave

Blazingace
11-27-2003, 01:10 PM
WDP did alot for those guys, but they were awesome before they signed with them, and they will be even better when they can shoot a gun that is as accurate as the shocker with the rof that the Angels were lacking. I watched a couple of their X-ball games at WC and the were getting outshot badly by Legacy and the Naughty Dogs.

Round ball. Polished tube, my friend. Angels are fast. Who needs 30 BPS when you can only pull 15? Please keep the hype at home where it belongs.

The Shocker isn't even a Shocker. They improved the design, but they lost what a Shocker was. Yeah they can name it whatever they want because its their gun, but WTF. Its more Matrix than Shocker anymore.

You are right though. With the numbers thrown around by SP anyone would sign their soul to SATAN.

Nick1Shot
11-27-2003, 03:04 PM
I know I'm going to get flamed for this...but here I go:

I think you are all being a little tough on the parties involved. The first and most important thing to remember is this-
Dynasty did not pay for there skills/championships/marketability. They have earned it, they have worked for it, and they deserve it---probably more than anyone in the sport.

SP did not become the Corporate MoFo's you all hate overnight. They have worked their way up by producing paintball equipment that the industry could not get enough of. Whether for marketing hype or quality, they've sold their product to become the wealthy industry leader they are today.

Next important thing-

Paintball is a very competitive sport, extremely competitive even. To the players in the sport, it is their life. Their heart and soul, and they play with a lot of passion. The industry is the same way. Just like any other industry, it is cutthroat. It will be dificult to survive if you are not aggressive. In all reality, that's how life is in American culture. What SP did with the patent sucks. It could hurt many other companies---but it could up the standard of the industry. It's should not run other companies out of business, but instead, force them to be more aggressive as well. In the process, the paintball industry grows because all companies are working that much harder to succeed.

In the past, the industry has been run like a brotherhood. Deals have been made on a handshake, friends didn't think twice about trusting friends on a business deal. We've scratched eachother's back. That was all fine and good for earlier years, but now the sport is growing. It is a huge industry, and things are becoming more expensive, more risky, and more competitive. You can't expect the innocence and brotherhood to remain any longer. In my opinion, SP has taken the next step needed for the industry to continue it's growth. I don't necesarily like the lawsuits, but it's not going to be the end of paintball.

As for Dynasty-
The life of a paintball fanatic is not easy at all. PB is expensive. It takes a lot of your time. It consumes your life. To earn the money to support your PB life, as well as make rent, have a car, buy food, and all other necessities of life, you have to live TWO lives. That is tiring and exhausting. If you could work as a computer tech for a trucking company and make $30,000 a year, or work as a computer tech for Microsoft and make $200,000 a year, which would you select? Now if you didn't have to work at either because what you LOVE to do (i.e. paintball) is going to pay you a living, what would you do? So Dynasty got bought out by SP...big deal. If you look at Dynasty as a product available for purchase, then look at the individuals of that team as the manufacturers of that product...and don't they deserve the $$$ they are getting for the product they are offering?

That's all I have for now, I'm surprised you're still reading.

Ladies and Gentlemen, start your flaming!

Nick
1Shot

LaW
11-27-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Nick1Shot
I know I'm going to get flamed for this...but here I go:

I think you are all being a little tough on the parties involved. The first and most important thing to remember is this-
Dynasty did not pay for there skills/championships/marketability. They have earned it, they have worked for it, and they deserve it---probably more than anyone in the sport.

SP did not become the Corporate MoFo's you all hate overnight. They have worked their way up by producing paintball equipment that the industry could not get enough of. Whether for marketing hype or quality, they've sold their product to become the wealthy industry leader they are today.

Next important thing-

Paintball is a very competitive sport, extremely competitive even. To the players in the sport, it is their life. Their heart and soul, and they play with a lot of passion. The industry is the same way. Just like any other industry, it is cutthroat. It will be dificult to survive if you are not aggressive. In all reality, that's how life is in American culture. What SP did with the patent sucks. It could hurt many other companies---but it could up the standard of the industry. It's should not run other companies out of business, but instead, force them to be more aggressive as well. In the process, the paintball industry grows because all companies are working that much harder to succeed.

In the past, the industry has been run like a brotherhood. Deals have been made on a handshake, friends didn't think twice about trusting friends on a business deal. We've scratched eachother's back. That was all fine and good for earlier years, but now the sport is growing. It is a huge industry, and things are becoming more expensive, more risky, and more competitive. You can't expect the innocence and brotherhood to remain any longer. In my opinion, SP has taken the next step needed for the industry to continue it's growth. I don't necesarily like the lawsuits, but it's not going to be the end of paintball.

As for Dynasty-
The life of a paintball fanatic is not easy at all. PB is expensive. It takes a lot of your time. It consumes your life. To earn the money to support your PB life, as well as make rent, have a car, buy food, and all other necessities of life, you have to live TWO lives. That is tiring and exhausting. If you could work as a computer tech for a trucking company and make $30,000 a year, or work as a computer tech for Microsoft and make $200,000 a year, which would you select? Now if you didn't have to work at either because what you LOVE to do (i.e. paintball) is going to pay you a living, what would you do? So Dynasty got bought out by SP...big deal. If you look at Dynasty as a product available for purchase, then look at the individuals of that team as the manufacturers of that product...and don't they deserve the $$$ they are getting for the product they are offering?

That's all I have for now, I'm surprised you're still reading.

Ladies and Gentlemen, start your flaming!

Nick
1Shot

You are just telling it how it is

LeatherPants
11-27-2003, 03:17 PM
Hey money isn't everything either. I was talking with one of the Bushwhackers and was told that Bad Company was looking for a new marker sponsor for the new year. They have "out grown" their Spyders.

Kingman is going to lose their only pro shooting team.

shartley
11-27-2003, 03:44 PM
I don’t see this is as affecting the tinkering aspect of paintball at all. In every industry you have all levels of businesses and businesses for all sorts of reasons.

I also don’t see this as really affecting anything but the upper levels of tournament play and the forming of truly professional players. It shows that paintball is now heading into the realm of all other professional sports… at THAT level. But I don’t see it affecting the rec player or other aspects of the sport…. which actually make up the majority of players.

As for taking all the fun out of the sport for the players at that level… bah. If they can’t act in a decent manner, nor uphold their obligation as pro players and now spokespeople for the product lines, they don’t deserve to get paid anyways. If you can’t handle the pressure or clean yourself up… don’t play at that level, and don’t enter into a contract.

Overall I think it is kind of cool though. If those guys can make a good bank roll, and play a game they love, GREAT. This opens the door for other paintball players, and the hopes of some day making the big bucks doing an activity they love. See, there are two sides to the coin… but at least the coin is now spinning and attainable.

Nick1Shot
I find nothing wrong with what you said. Anyone who flames you is doing so because you upset their fantasy world, and nothing more.

Originally posted by Doc Nickel
You guys are seeing the key right here, in realtime.

Smart Parts will, of course, now be hyping the Shocker as "Dynasty's Gun of Choice!" when you can see right here, in black and white, the team switched for no other reason than SP offered more money than WDP.

It's big-money marketing, happens everywhere. Celebrities rarely, if ever, promote a product because they simply want to. They promote it because they're PAID to.

Dynasty would shoot E-Spyders if Kingman paid 'em $100,000 a year and $100 per gun sold.

In other words, SP advertising will "spin" this as implying the gun is so good Dynasty chose it over all others, when in fact the reality is, they paid the team a fortune to specifically showcase the marker.

Doc.
But of course. But that is how it works in every industry. Nothing new there. And I will add that there is nothing WRONG with that anyways. It is a smart business move… whether folks like the company or not.

We see the same thing with all sorts of products and team/player endorsements. But how I look at it is that if they can PAY someone to say that, they obviously have the money to do so… and if they have the money to do so, how did they get that money? Was it by selling products? And if it was by selling products, that in itself shows that they ARE selling and there must be a reason for this….

See, it all depends on how you look at things. One can often lead to the other, but you have to have the MONEY first… so which is it.. the chicken or the egg? :D

Rope a Dope
11-27-2003, 04:01 PM
http://home.pacbell.net/zoraks/dynasty.jpg

Blazingace
11-27-2003, 05:21 PM
Go Rope a Dope

Rope a Dope
11-27-2003, 05:29 PM
http://www.3d-render.net/dynastyss.jpg

kekekekekekekekekeke ^_____^

shartley
11-27-2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Rope a Dope

To say that is uncalled for would be putting it mildly.....

abaez
11-27-2003, 05:50 PM
lol i <3 free speech

Furby
11-27-2003, 06:09 PM
http://home.pacbell.net/zoraks/dynasty.jpg

And so the backlash begins...

And no, I don't agree with it...they got the skills, they deserve the bling...what SP and Dynasty have done is grow the sport to the beginning of the next level, and for that they have my respect.

I do find it a little odd that Chuck Hendsch is in that photo...didn't we hear earlier this year that Dynasty and Chuck had cut ties in a business sense?

DiRTyBuNNy
11-27-2003, 06:14 PM
which one did you think was Chuck? if you're thinking the guy with the short blonde hair in the foreground..that's not chuck..that's Rodney Squires..

LaW
11-27-2003, 07:55 PM
I think this is good for the sport at the professional level. A step in the right direction for growth

Rope a Dope
11-27-2003, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by LaW
I think this is good for the sport at the professional level. A step in the right direction for growth

http://home.pacbell.net/zoraks/CONFUSED.jpg

Furby
11-27-2003, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by DiRTyBuNNy
which one did you think was Chuck? if you're thinking the guy with the short blonde hair in the foreground..that's not chuck..that's Rodney Squires..

Ugh...ate too much and woke up WAY too early...nevermind...

LaW
11-27-2003, 08:23 PM

Good sir, your posts above are completely uncalled for.

Instead of trying to be smart with all your little "cute" pictures maybe you should actually put down some words as to why you think I am confused. Perhaps you could show me what makes dynasty nazi now? Come on man grow up a little

Toxic Dave
11-27-2003, 10:02 PM
Blazingace;

So you're telling me that it's marketing hype when I take a hopper that feeds 17 balls per second and outshoot it on my shocker? That's not hype, that's a marker cycling more than 17 balls a second. Round ball, smooth tube, fine, then you tell me why some guns are less accurate than others...maybe it's the rest of the marker, you knwo that whole bolt, valve thing.

Call it hype, but I watched with my very own eyes as one of the dynasty guys walked into their pit box and declare "we're getting outshot, by these guys" referring to the Naughty Dogs and their E-Blades.

whatever, more power to Dynasty and SP for paving the way for real pro paintball players.

Oh and that Nazi stuff is getting old...maybe develop something entirely new and have a bunch of clowns rip it off and then see how it feels.

Gadget
11-28-2003, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by Toxic Dave
Blazingace;

So you're telling me that it's marketing hype when I take a hopper that feeds 17 balls per second and outshoot it on my shocker? That's not hype, that's a marker cycling more than 17 balls a second.

If that's an Egg2, then it feeds at a _peak_ of 17bps, that doesn't mean you're necessarily shooting over 17bps.

Round ball, smooth tube, fine, then you tell me why some guns are less accurate than others...maybe it's the rest of the marker, you knwo that whole bolt, valve thing.

That's the point, they're not - same ball, same tube, same accuracy.

Call it hype, but I watched with my very own eyes as one of the dynasty guys walked into their pit box and declare "we're getting outshot, by these guys" referring to the Naughty Dogs and their E-Blades.

I say the same thing after every game I lose - it's better than admitting you got outplayed.

maybe develop something entirely new and have a bunch of clowns rip it off and then see how it feels.

Or indeed, do what SP did - let other people invent it, then apply for a patent and take the credit for it.

Toxic Dave
11-28-2003, 11:56 AM
Gadget;

You made all of my points for me.

Same, ball, same barrel, same accuracy..indeed, the rest of the gun affects the accuracy a great deal.

As for the getting outshot concept, it's very hard to win in Xball if you cannot control shooting lanes, if the team you are playing is shooting guns that cycle much faster than your teams' then will have a very hard time winning.

dave

logamus
11-28-2003, 02:06 PM

now thats funny!!!! i dont really care about dynasty or any pro team for that matter. anyone that doesnt have to pay for paint is lame in my eyes, mainly because i have to pay. :) smart parts thinks they are slick with their patent, well sony thought they were slick by patenting the beta tape too. how many of us have a beta machine in our house???? i kinda think the smart part lawsuits will inspire people to come up with a system that is similar to the patent but not the same and shove it down their throats. i think the new shocker is a darn fine gun and the billion impy and freak owners out there cant be all wrong. this is just a moment in time for paintball, it (the sport) will go on based on the fact that most people who play dont care about this kind of stuff.

LaW
11-28-2003, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by logamus

now thats funny!!!! i dont really care about dynasty or any pro team for that matter. anyone that doesnt have to pay for paint is lame in my eyes, mainly because i have to pay. :)

That is kind of a lame reason in my eyes :)

cphilip
11-28-2003, 02:14 PM
I don't know why everyone is beefin on the Dynasty guys here. They did what every one else would do. Took the highest paying job. I think they may regret it some day but heck its not something anyone else would not have strongly considered doing. As long as they now realize its a Job and they got to live by whatever is in that document laying there says. I feel certain they do not get complete control over everything now. If they can live with that then its a good job.

I certainly hope they had an Attourney look at it before they signed.... because they do look out of place in a board room.

SyntaxError
11-28-2003, 02:26 PM

Rumor I heard was it was more than that up front and it was given as "so much per man per year". Enough for a lot of people to live on easily in some areas of the country. Making them truely professional paintballers if so. It was an amount that might be considered a decent annual salary most places for what they doing. Didn't hear royalty mentioned. But then again its all rumor at this stage isn't it?

They just flat out bought em away. Big money. Hope they can justify it. And hope no one screws up cause at that kinda money you do not tow the line or live up then your gone. Its kind of like hire and fire at will when its a job now. It could just take all the fun out of it for the them.

Straight from an HK, it was 75k up front and less on the royalties, SP can only give out so much. They're also accepting all the money as an organization so who knows where that cash goes to.

felony
11-28-2003, 06:11 PM
I don't know why everyone is beefin on the Dynasty guys here. They did what every one else would do. Took the highest paying job. I think they may regret it some day but heck its not something anyone else would not have strongly considered doing. As long as they now realize its a Job and they got to live by whatever is in that document laying there says. I feel certain they do not get complete control over everything now. If they can live with that then its a good job.

I totally agree with you..

Some of the guys here are making this sound like its the end of the world that Dynasty has made the change to Smart Parts. It kills me to think that Smart Parts is hoggin all the good players and teams, but that is what a business does. It's kinda like monopoly. No matter who wins now, they are supporting Smart Parts.. pretty smart move if you ask me..

I dislike SP as much as the next guy just cause of what I have read about the whole issue. i also think the new shocker looks far too much like ULEd mag, but that is my own opinion.

This whole ordeal is not the end of the world, if it effects anyone it is those in pro tournies, and even then I don't see the difference of who they are sponsered by or not. So what if SP makes inferior products, Dynasty is getting paid to shoot em and that puts them in a good position.

I still would like to see if top companies put out sponsorships giving the same amount of money who the top teams would take..
SP, AGD, WDP, ICD?? Makes you wonder, or at least makes me wonder..

Anywho, nuff talking..

dan

TheAmazingJelloMag
11-28-2003, 09:32 PM
makes me feel better about never liking dynasty

p8ntball1016
11-28-2003, 10:25 PM
im a yankees fan im used to this. go dynasty!

abunkerer
11-28-2003, 10:40 PM
look at any sport..football, basketball, they basically went through the same type of evolution. I think that it is a good message to send to the big sponsors, shell out the dough or be left behind.
This will in turn make the sponsors create bigger and better events to make up for the money they are spending on these teams. With the bigger and better events comes the televised events, and then the network advertising money hits the sport and BLAMMO!
don't feel sorry for these big corporations, their legal battles only make the industry stronger. If you want to see your money going into a group of people that aren't selling out then spend some money taking some kids paintballing for the first time at your local field.

felony
11-29-2003, 02:20 AM
And another point..

I am glad SP is dominating something.. maybe other, larger, companies will see what SP is doin. Imagine if Nike say something in paintball. Even it was just shoes for paintball. That is start. A sponsor by a major, world wide, corporation like Nike.. would be nice..

Then who knows what.. nike decides to make paintballs and because they can mass produce they can sell real cheap. Imagine a case for 20 bucks.. yikes!

This whole ordeal can make some competition between companies and that is a good thing. Someone needs to come in and make great cheap products. I know you get what you pay for, but thats not always the case..

dan