PDA

View Full Version : autococker spring combo

knodeoff
11-26-2003, 11:40 PM
I have custom built my autococker and was at the part of deciding What do i do for spring combos? Do I want a medium valve spring and a heavy hammer spring or a light valve spring or maybe a medium valve and a medium hammer? Any suggestions? By the way im using a maddman valve (it runs at 125-150psi) and i need a recomendation on a good hammer match I was thinking a freeflow what do you think?

Methylphenidate
11-28-2003, 03:37 AM
i would go with the medium set thats what i used when i built my autococker and i love it as for hammer i dont know whta to tell ya i just use the stock one and it works fine

knodeoff
11-28-2003, 10:33 AM
thanks man i will use the medium and i think i am going to go with a medium to heavy hammer spring. im going to experiment with them and see what works.

AutoMaggot
12-04-2003, 10:44 PM
Freeflow will probably a good choice. You're going to want the lightest springs possible so you can get your Maddman wide open!

nycmag
12-12-2003, 11:53 AM
Your gonna have to experiment with all the different combos until you find the right one for your marker or application. I have several cockers and not one of them has the same spring set up.

mh53eplt
01-26-2004, 12:43 AM
My WarpedSportz Dark Cocker is setup with a Free Flow Medium springs, Tungsten 70gram hammer. To make this work you need to have your external parts to be a light as possible. My Pump Arm/Actuator Rod/Cocking Rod are Titanium and I also have a FF Nylatron Bolt & Pin, & FF Lightweight Window Block.