PDA

View Full Version : at home trigger job for intelli

greg
11-27-2003, 01:22 AM
any advice?? wats the best way to do it... i jsut bought a mcromag used with a intelliframe and the trigger pull is huge. I have yet to get a X valve seeing as im a poor kid so im not interested in the ULT which i have looked into.. let me konw if u have any good ideas

thx

greg

Dayspring
11-27-2003, 02:46 AM
There's no such thing as a trigger job on a mag. Don't let anybody tell you different.

Do NOT adjust the trigger rod. That simple procedure will alter the relationship b/w the on/off pin, sear and bolt. Don't go shaving the sear, don't go shaving the pin. You'll end up breaking something and need spare parts.

Trigger pull length is set from the factory for a reason. The weight, however, is up to the user. (RT valve and ULT)

The choice is yours.

greg
11-27-2003, 12:04 PM
thats odd because my friends onlder brother has a mag and it just has the regular classic valve and no ult but it still has a very minimal trigger pull

greg

abunkerer
11-27-2003, 12:22 PM
compared to most mechanical markers mags have a minimal trigger pull. But as far as mags go compared to eachother, they all have,almost exactly, the same trigger pull.
the only difference you can get is by changing the valve an rt valve or an x valve will have a shorter pull than a classic valve. you can make the pull of a rt/x valve lighter by getting a ULT which is an ultralight trigger pull kit.
if you find a mag with a "trigger job" and the pull is shorter than on most mags, the guy will most likely have a malfunctioning marker. Mags are known to short stroke, wich means that if you do not let the mechanical sear/on off travel a complete cycle the gun will not shoot properly.

danheneise
11-28-2003, 04:36 PM
i think he means to put some sort of trigger stop in, as i have an i-frame and there's quite a bit of extra pull after the marker shoots, i think if you put a trigger stop in behind the trigger and make it so that it stops just after the maker shoots it should be fine, no adjustments to the trigger rod should be done at all, i tested my idea just by putting a wad of paper behind the trigger and it did help quite a bit as it made the trigger pull shorter yet still kept the gun firing normally, but something other than paper would be better for the field, i've heard of people putting set screws through the trigger frame.

SlartyBartFast
11-28-2003, 05:36 PM
Hasn't this been said before?

Just make sure the trigger rod allows the sear to COMPLETELY reset. Has to be SOME free space between the trigger rod and the trigger in it's fully released position.

Any trigger stop added must be adjusted so that sear is COMPLETELY activated before the trigger hits the stop.

tonybhall
02-26-2004, 06:20 PM
Don't want a ULT? But the ULT rocks. When properly tuned (which is easy to do) the ULT is a great upgrade. It's tough to beat a mech trigger with a 15 oz. or less trigger pull.

I was just wondering, why are you not interested in the ULT? Not only is it a great upgrade that will give you an amazingly light trigger pull, it's also not very expensive. It seems to me that the ULT would give you just what you want, a trigger mod that gives you a lighter trigger. Or did I miss something?

Bryan

dyst0pia
02-26-2004, 08:16 PM
He doesn't want the ULT because he has a classic valve.

Also, I am curious about the trigger stop idea too. Anybody know where I could send a trigger off to have a screw installed? Or would it be relatively easy to do myself?

Joni
02-26-2004, 08:52 PM
It shouldnt be that hard. Drill a hole, and *lost the word...my english suck at 3am...make threads with a little thing that almost looks like a screw*. Install a setscrew with a little loctite, and youre good to go.

"the FitZ"
02-26-2004, 11:10 PM
If you've ever seen a bushmaster trigger it has a screw set through the trigger which stops it from going all the way back. Why not do this to a 'mag. Just take out the trigger from the frame (I believe the pin is right over the safety) and drill threads in. It's still adjustable with a flathead, allen key, or whatever screw you use. Unless of course you don't want to drill a hole in your gun. Then I guess your'e S.O.L.

Joni
02-27-2004, 04:48 AM
That was what I meant, since dystopia was talking about sending the trigger away.