PDA

View Full Version : foregrip

greg
11-27-2003, 01:29 AM
i jsut recently bout a micromag and u could say i am a mag newb. I own a benchmark foregrip from my old gun which i figured i mtie as well use but on the front of my gun all there is is a screw hole.. not the really bug one for a foregrip... do i need some kind of adapter or is my newbness missing soemthing

thx
greg

ChucktheMAGician
11-27-2003, 09:50 AM
Micromags take a different forgrip than any other mag. The screw goes thru the foregrip and into the body at a 45º angle. If you had a regular mag the screw would come down thru the rail and into the foregrip. I'm sure you could get you foregrip to work but it would require tapping a hole on your micro. :)

greg
11-27-2003, 12:06 PM
so then what do i need to buy or do so i can hook in a foregrip.... i am buying a cp mini foregrip which iw ant to use

ChucktheMAGician
11-27-2003, 01:39 PM
The only thing I could think to do would be to buy a double side screw( not sure of there technical name but they have screw threads on both sides) the same size as would fit in the foregrip. A hole would have to be tapped and threaded on the micromag body to take the other end of the screw. Screw it into the body w/ some loc-tite on it. After it sets screw the foregrip on and your set. I was gonna take a pic of my gadget grip but I couldn't find it. This pic should show the screw I was explaining tho, http://www2.888paintball.com/product/large/4016.jpg

devildog
11-29-2003, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by ChucktheMAGician
The only thing I could think to do would be to buy a double side screw( not sure of there technical name but they have screw threads on both sides) the same size as would fit in the foregrip.

its called a threaded rod ;)

ChucktheMAGician
11-29-2003, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by devildog
its called a threaded rod ;)
I guess that sounds better than headless screw!! Thanks for the info!

Eatem Alive
11-30-2003, 11:36 PM
you can go to proteamproducts.com and buy an adapter made for the micromag. it has an angled screw hole and fits perfectly. that's what i did.

greg
12-02-2003, 06:17 PM
can i get a link the cite wouldnt work for me for some reason