PDA

View Full Version : Really Really Dumb Mistake

l33tpaintballer
11-27-2003, 11:06 AM
Ok for reasons I care not to go into, I had to disassemble my gun while it was gassed up <dodges thrown stones>. There was *ONLY* 150 PSI in my tank. While my cousin held the gun I used a screwdriver to open up the valve. As soon as it opens: "WHAM!" We hear this huge bang, my finger is bleeding, and my tank is out of gas.

We put my gun back together and tried to fill the tank. No go. My gun is leaking. We know it has something to do with the valve, so utilyzing this forum's videos and agd's schematic drawings we find out that we are missing a black urothane oring and a little pin, both of which we found and put back in. HOWEVER, during our searches I also found a yellow oring, about a quarter of an inch in diameter.

This oring either could or could not belong in my gun somewhere. Because of the place we found it if it does belong in my gun it would have had to have come from where the valve released its air or something (it couldn't have just fallen out).

On the part with the black urathane oring there is also an oring on the bottom (so its not that one I'm talking about) although above that there is a circular indentation around the part that looks like an oring could go there, along with I think 4 holes.

Is there anything I'm missing? I havn't gassed my gun up yet, but I am going to in about 2 hours. What should I do?

Thanks and have a GREAT THANKSGIVING! The message here is:

"DONT DISESSEMBLE YOUR VALVE WHEN YOUR VALVE IS GASSED UP, EVEN WHEN ITS JUST 150 PSI! YOU'LL SHOOT YOUR EYE OUT!"

athomas
11-27-2003, 11:12 AM
Go the the airgun.com tech section and look at the diagrams for your valve. That way you can see if all o-rings are in place.

http://www.airgun.com/downloads/valveexplodedview.pdf

l33tpaintballer
11-27-2003, 12:41 PM
I have an emag, it has some special deal on the valve doesn't it?

l33tpaintballer
11-28-2003, 01:23 AM
Ok I'm trying to open up the tube on the valve with a quarter and I can't get it. Should I really try and torque it out? Is there a possibility that the messed up stuff is in there (I would hope not considering 800 PSI shoots through there, doesn't it?)

mcveighr
11-28-2003, 01:10 PM
400psi would shoot through the power tube, thats what you mean right? The thing the bolt goes over?

athomas
11-28-2003, 02:52 PM
No parts should have come out of the powertube. Most likely the parts were out of the on/off assembly. The black o-ring is the quad o-ring from the top of the assembly. The yellow o-ring fits around it on top as well. Check the pin for dings or if its out of true. Put it on a flat surface such as a mirror and roll it to see if it wobbles. If it does then you need a new pin.

danheneise
11-28-2003, 04:27 PM
150 psi is still enough to push the on/off down with enough force to bring the trigger forward, at least it is on my gun, now i have kinda done something like you did and a loud pop occured when the on/off pin tried to shoot out, but it was stopped by the rail, as the valve was stopped by the z-lock groove, welp now ya know why they made the z-lock groove lol

jewie27
12-03-2003, 07:53 PM
Wait up here, I would like an explanation on why you opened the gun while it was gassed up. I'm just curious if you could explain.