PDA

View Full Version : FragTek's Next Gat - Help me out!

FragTek
11-27-2003, 01:07 PM
Which gun should I purchase after selling my E-Bladed CCM J2? The poll options are the only guns that I would like to buy... Which one do u like best?

Leroy717
11-27-2003, 01:21 PM
voted for the viking.

FragTek
11-27-2003, 01:22 PM
Hrmmm, wide spread so far :) LoL.

Got a vote down for a matrix and a dm4 I see, both of which I am very heavily considering. I still wish that I wouldn't have abandoned my matrix, that was a great gun.

FragTek
11-27-2003, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Leroy717
voted for the viking.

Yeah, I like the Vike's for sure. I will definately consider it if more ppl vote for it. Yet I am considering it already! hehe.

FragTek
11-27-2003, 01:44 PM
Still a 3 way tie... Now leaning towards NYX or Ironman trix... What do u guys think?

personman
11-27-2003, 01:56 PM
Whoever voted for the DM4 should be shot. :p
Whats wrong with the CCM? Those look like very nice guns..
What, no talon option!?!
I voted RogueMag because you can make them just as fast as.. well mine is going around 16 bps and im sure they will go higher.. I just dont want my gun to explode and my field doesnt fill to 45k on weekends :p

FragTek
11-27-2003, 02:24 PM
Good choice personman! I want one realllly bad! But I want so many other guns too! AHHH! I need more $$$$.

AfromanKam
11-27-2003, 02:36 PM
Matt, Ya gotta rock the DYE LCD TRIX. I've sold 2 more after I showed mine to some peeps. They are INSANE!!!!

FragTek
11-27-2003, 02:40 PM
Nice dude! I am thinkin' about trixes reallllllly hard again bro. I mean ive just shot so many that are insane fast and accurate, plus I know how to work on the lil' bastards, so thats a plus. Thanks for your vote dawg!

Happy Thanksgiving to the Virtual Assault crew back home!

BobTheCow
11-27-2003, 02:53 PM
Voted X... heard bad, scary things 'bout the new trix. :(

FragTek
11-27-2003, 02:57 PM
I've heard the same thing about them. I don't think it will be long unil the bugs are worked out though, and they are a phenomenal piece of equipment. If I really decided to go that route, I probably would hold out until they released the LCD model, by that time I would hope they would have the DM4 refined and working perfectly.

I want to see what the new Powerlyte Isis has to bring to the table, it looks hella-sweet. A mini-trix :)

hAppy
11-27-2003, 03:01 PM
id go for any of those, except the dm4's, cockers, and the mechanical mag (they are good, but id rahter have electro now)

Spleen
11-27-2003, 03:20 PM
Featherlite. Even with the long wait, they are friggin sweet.

http://fallingaway.com/ao_upload/spleen_viking.jpg

mine only without the ugly tint in the middle.

FragTek
11-27-2003, 03:26 PM
Thx for the vote, I have heard great things about the Vikes! I just wish I could buy em all, because I know I wont be truly happy with anything I buy, so thats why i need everything :)

My E-Mag makes me truly happy though :) Best gun ever!

afrankart
11-27-2003, 04:17 PM
Guess which one I voted for. I have tried a few different electros before settling on a viking. The only gun I can think of that I would have over my featherlite is an 04 featherlite excal.

My .02

FragTek
11-27-2003, 04:47 PM
I havent seen pix of the '04 FL Excal. is it pretty awesome?

It looks like the Viking has jumped way past everything, potentially switching my mind set from the trix to the viking... IDK yet though, this is such a tough decision, blargh!!!!

Mag_SEAL-6
11-27-2003, 08:11 PM
as I'm writing this, Xmag has 5 votes and viking has 14.....I'm confused. Viking must be a pretty good gun.

Mag_SEAL-6
11-27-2003, 08:12 PM
correction: viking has 11 right now

Leroy717
11-27-2003, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Mag_SEAL-6
Viking must be a pretty good gun.

yes vikings are awesome.

FragTek
11-27-2003, 08:49 PM
Vikes are phat, but I did my research on the Featherlite Excals... If I get a JMJ AKA, it will def. be the Excal for sure! That is just even more pimp than pimp can pimp itself out! (that made absolutely no sense, but **** it, lol)

LaW
11-27-2003, 08:55 PM
who the heck refers to a paintball marker as a gat......

FragTek
11-27-2003, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by LaW
who the heck refers to a paintball marker as a gat......
many many people... just not u :p

LaW
11-27-2003, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by FragTek

many many people... just not u :p

right.... must be a "gangsta" thing

FragTek
11-27-2003, 09:08 PM
Oh yeah, its definately a gangsta thing :rolleyes:

/me turds on "gangstas"

FalconGuy016
11-27-2003, 09:13 PM
Oh yeah, its definately a gangsta thing :rolleyes:

/me turds on "gangstas"

*turded upon*

afrankart
11-27-2003, 09:15 PM
Don't be surprized if the 04 Featherlite Excals go for more than 1700 new.

FragTek
11-27-2003, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by afrankart
Don't be surprized if the 04 Featherlite Excals go for more than 1700 new.

It's all about bein' a dealer :) I'm sure the cost of something like that at cost is $1500+ however. Blah, a lot of dough!

Marchborne
11-27-2003, 09:23 PM
Had to go Xmag ... wouldn't trade mine for anything. Frag, try mine sometime at the field. I think there's a pewter one for sale at Pev's Fairfax.

FragTek
11-27-2003, 09:25 PM
Yeah, I would love to try your X out for sure!!! Rob is selling his X at the Fairfax store, its purdy :)

I just got the CnC Batt. Housing and ULE rail for my mag, so now by my count its lighter than an X-Mag... w00tage. I wish I could find my digi. cam!

Marchborne
11-27-2003, 09:42 PM
Yeah, I would love to try your X out for sure!!! Rob is selling his X at the Fairfax store, its purdy :)

I just got the CnC Batt. Housing and ULE rail for my mag, so now by my count its lighter than an X-Mag... w00tage. I wish I could find my digi. cam!

That's the one! I am dropping my X off with Rob to get the blade trigger installed (thanks, Logic). between that and the 3.2 software, heh, I think I should be able to get even my old, arthritic hands to shoot ropes.

FragTek
11-27-2003, 09:46 PM
LoL Marche :D I wanna see that LT-3 when you get it on there, I want one but they are out of stock :( And won't get made until he gets more bar in stock, gay!

I was thinking about Dremeling my stock trigger to mimic the TL-63. Might do that this weekend! What color is your X?

Marchborne
11-27-2003, 10:05 PM
black to blue fade (gloss). with the black LT-3 trigger, should look pretty good. Plus, I'm ordering a gloss black cnc battery pack (shave ounces, looks good -- sweet).

Darkling
11-27-2003, 10:15 PM
A gat? Were talking about paintball guns here...

Anyway, buy a Phantom! ;) It's more fun and will make you a better player.

logamus
11-27-2003, 10:16 PM
i voted for the vision shocker. not only is it cheaper than everything else on your list, its the lightest gun i have ever held, it shoots really nice, and it will annoy the hell out of the anti-sp people.

:)

FragTek
11-27-2003, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Darkling
A gat? Were talking about paintball guns here...

Anyway, buy a Phantom! ;) It's more fun and will make you a better player.

And for the 2nd time... YES, a gat. lol.

Phantom's r0x0r!

logamus: I love the vision shockers, and the price tag on them, but I just don't know... They aren't as "nice" as the other guns, they feel very cheap.

JT2002
11-27-2003, 10:50 PM
umm, you left teh 2k4 alias timmy out of there,

**Votes 2k4 timmy**

:D

FragTek
11-27-2003, 10:52 PM
I hate timmies... They are funky... and I dont like them, did I mention that? lol. :D

logamus
11-27-2003, 11:03 PM

logamus: I love the vision shockers, and the price tag on them, but I just don't know... They aren't as "nice" as the other guns, they feel very cheap.

i didnt think the one i held felt "cheaper" than the trix they had. sure it doesnt have the nasa mission control unit in the grip like an angel 4, but normally my hand would cover that up during a game so whats the point? :) is your money, but for me if i was going electro it i would have a shocker.

$tevo
11-27-2003, 11:30 PM
its between the dm4 and the halfblock. im in the same boat dude, the only thing i know about the dm4 is that it looks hot.

Crimson_Turkey
11-27-2003, 11:41 PM
I voted for X-mag but I say E-mag with one of NiCad's Karta bodies. Looks awesome and you dont need to wait a few years to get it.

AfromanKam
11-28-2003, 12:35 AM
I agree with mat callin it a Gat, Gat being short for Gatling gun, ya know the one that you can mow a whole field of people down with in 10 seconds. Thats why at least myself and Matt refer to them as Gats!

~WarpedRT#2~
11-28-2003, 01:03 AM
No Angel? NO ANGEL!?!? Come on now! A4 or Speed, what about those?? You forgot those?? Oh nooooo, no you didnt....

LaW
11-28-2003, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by AfromanKam
I agree with mat callin it a Gat, Gat being short for Gatling gun, ya know the one that you can mow a whole field of people down with in 10 seconds. Thats why at least myself and Matt refer to them as Gats!

Yup since the last time I checked paintball guns were gatling guns capable of gunning people down ..... right

AfromanKam
11-28-2003, 02:38 AM
Well I'm sorry that you and your paintball marker are incapable of mowing down the opposition. Heres a quick translation for ya:

Gat=Gatling=Paintball Marker
Mowing=Eliminating
Whole Field of People=Other Team

Make sense now?

magman007
11-28-2003, 02:47 AM
well, im in the same boat you are. I just sold my trix, because i was tired of dye crapping all over the Trix owners. They shut down all aftermarket manufacturers, so we have to buy from dye, well dye's stuff blows, as proven in their porly designed regs.

also, let me say ive had the folowing over the past 4 years
Spyder Shutter
Classic mag
Rtp
Kapp cocker
E-mag
SFL e-mag
Toxic matrix

and now, an angel speed should be at my door step soon.

Now, ive been looking around, and while timmies and vikings crossed my mind, the speed seemed to be the most cut and dry option. NO Bs there, no industry crap behind it. Same is true with the Viking, its true, but DM4 and Trix, and all the others were not options any more because of dye.

I hate Sp, their products are low quality, and not made up to my standards.

MAgs are nice, but you already have one

FragTek
11-28-2003, 06:39 AM
Cam buddy, wazzaah! You know what i'm talkin' about! :) Thanks for posting again, some people just don't understand, but that's ok, hehe.

I am going to stick a Karta body on my E as soon as they become readily available to give it the finishing touch.

magman007: Yes, it's sad that Dye has decided to take that path, as it has killed a lot of hopes for getting good aftermarket parts for the trix. I still wouldn't mind picking up a new LCD and finding some left-over aftermarket parts to jam into, but I don't think that's going to last very long :(

I'm looking VERY hard at a Viking or Excalibur, they just look to be to nice!

JT2002
11-28-2003, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by magman007

I hate Sp, their products are low quality, and not made up to my standards.

MAgs are nice, but you already have one

one big reason why i dont have a prob with this sp product that im getting is just that, it wasnt made to be just thrown on teh shelf quickly, it was made specially for team strange, and even has some different millign that the producion model strange's dont. plus not to mention the WAS board that noone is supposed to have. ill have to try and make a vid for everyone :D

JoyInTheMadness
11-28-2003, 10:18 AM
Viking Hombre.

LaW
11-28-2003, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by AfromanKam
Well I'm sorry that you and your paintball marker are incapable of mowing down the opposition. Heres a quick translation for ya:

Gat=Gatling=Paintball Marker
Mowing=Eliminating
Whole Field of People=Other Team

Make sense now?

Sure it made sense before its just that I cant associate the word gat with a paintball marker :)

Major Ho
11-28-2003, 11:04 PM
Frag, I shoulda told you. You moved to Va, East coast baller now. To be with the "In" crowd you gotta be dorky and get an Intimidator. Everyone and their mother has one at Pevs.
Im not bashing the timmy one bit, its a sick sick bad mutha, "shut yo mouth", gun. Everyone around here has one and maybe you should look into it to despite that.
Light, fast, effiecient and reliable.

FragTek
11-29-2003, 12:26 AM
:( I dun like timmies... Trixes own timmies :)

Trauma
11-29-2003, 01:34 AM
get a Dye LCD matrix or hell if you want to really be one of the few in your area, get a b2k3 w/ PDS and just put good ups on it, it will shoot like a dream after all said and done and it would be cheaper overall than the other options

FragTek
11-29-2003, 09:00 AM
A trix is high on my list for sure. I dunno about the B2k3 idea, lol. Not a huge fan of ICD :)

TransMan
11-29-2003, 05:47 PM
Get the Viking why would you want anything else???

FragTek
11-29-2003, 05:58 PM
I definately want the Viking, but I am thinking about taking the extra step and spooging for the Excalibur instead.. OoOoOo :D

LittlePaintballBoy
11-29-2003, 06:18 PM
Ok, the Ironmen trixes (assuming there isn't another one besides the SC Ironmen one that I don't know about) rock. They are insanely fast, and the eyes work really well.

Vikings also rock. We have two in Nor Cal, and they both rock. Fast, not to heavy (especially the FL's) and they are really easy to care for. If you know hpw t lube an O-Ring you can take care of a viking. Do not buy the Excal as far as I am concerned, they are slower and cost more money.

X-Mags also rock. Vary reliable, and easy to take care of. The best of both worlds. And fast and light.

So, IMO, it is a close tie inbetween these three guns. I would feel all three and see which one you like best, because it is a large amount of personal preferance. Also, Rich Telford said he didn't like the DM4 too much, and advised me not to buy one (not that I was going to) until they get some software bugs worked out. They are vary light though.

FragTek
11-29-2003, 06:45 PM
Thx for the info... what is the excal capable of of cycling at? Is the ROF limited by mechanical reasons or software issues? I thought the Excal was the Vike's bigger better badder brother.

My team mate has an Ironman Trix and it rips, so thats definately in consideration, and I know that X-Mags own, currently I am having a hard time deciding if I want a mag thats operationally identical to the one I have but has an eye (which I am installing on my E-Mag when I get back home to Spokane).

And I haven't had the pleasuer of shooting a viking, but from all of the reviews I have read and what people tell me they absolutely rip hardcore!

TransMan
11-29-2003, 06:56 PM
The Excals top out at about 25cps with was and eyes which im sure yours would have and its about the speed that Halos feed so untill a faster feeder comes along that about as good as it can get anyways. The Vikings top out at about 40cps check out the thread i posted if u havnt already but again they can only shoot as fast as a halo will load em. The reason for these differences is because the Excal is closed bolt and takes longer to cycle compared to the vikings open bolt operation. The Excal has to go through four mechanical function compared to the Vikings two The best thing about the excaliber is its lack of kick it is on par with a matrix so if u hate kick get the Excal if you love Speed get the viking if u dont care one way or the other get the Viking its less expensive.

FragTek
11-29-2003, 08:36 PM
Great... yeah, I dont know if I will ever NEED anything over 25cps/bps :) And I used to be a matrix owner because of the fact that it has so little recoil... thats what turned me on most about the Excal. But, I do love speed too, lol, its a tough decision. Though it shouldnt be, because I think I would haft be out of my mind to spend over $1700 on a marker :D

Ityl
11-29-2003, 09:31 PM
I voted, Race FF, but actually an Eblade is what is goin on team guns now. Can't really ask for a better gun. Light, very efficient, consistent, extremely fast. Can't go wrong with one.

FragTek
11-29-2003, 09:57 PM
Very true, I used to own a ff race cocker, it was one of my favorite guns of all time.

I prefer the Race's over the E-Blades for an amount of reasons, so I would more than likely purchase the marker w/o a frame so I could race it :)

LittlePaintballBoy
11-29-2003, 09:58 PM
Ah, there is LESS kick with the Excal, but that is compared to the little kick of a Viking. I personnaly would go with the viking, but whatever you wanna do...

paintballbeaver
11-29-2003, 10:40 PM
well all i gotta say is vikings are nice but knowing youve shot a trix you know theres nothing better than no recoil vikings are nice but i still love my dye trix way to much to give up the most acurate and consitant gun i've ever shot

FragTek
12-02-2003, 12:56 PM
Welp, looks like the Viking wins... Now, which Viking do I want?

The Featherlite, the Destructive, or the Immortal? Big decisions indeed.....................

LaW
12-02-2003, 01:00 PM
Welp, looks like the Viking wins... Now, which Viking do I want?

The Featherlite, the Destructive, or the Immortal? Big decisions indeed.....................

Destructive is the only one I remotely like, I dont think they are worth the money in the first place and that is the only one I would consider every purchasing.

FragTek
12-02-2003, 01:05 PM
I like that one too :) I will definately keep that one in mind, I sure do like the Featherlite though... grrrr.

AfromanKam
12-02-2003, 01:06 PM
Oh Matt, please don't do that. Get something that we can sit around at either Pevs or VA and rip apart for no obvious reason swap parts and put em back together. Dont make me come over there and whip your monkey ***

FragTek
12-02-2003, 01:36 PM
LoL @ Cam... ok ok ok, I'll get a trix :)

Should I just get a stock Dye LCD Trix? Or look around for some custom deal? I like yours alot, but I need to make sure I can get my hands on an Evolve bolt or something!

AfromanKam
12-02-2003, 01:47 PM
Hey man if we need to we can take a trip to canada to get you a bolt, lol. I'm pretty sure that you will be able to get an evolve bolt or a Arrdy Slam Bolt one way or another.

FragTek
12-02-2003, 01:51 PM
Yeah, ur prolly right :) Now all I gotta do is get this background check **** finished so I can start working and get paid!

PaInTbAlLeR476
12-02-2003, 02:42 PM
nyx

AfromanKam
12-02-2003, 03:09 PM
NYX = Too much money for eyes & milling. Go with the DYE get the evolve bolt and a Mini Trinity and you'll be good and save some cashola

Dbl_Edge
12-02-2003, 03:13 PM
I'm consused... so what did you end up deciding on? if you get anything other than a Viking or Excal (Featherlite and Destructive being the coolest ;)) then you are out of your mind! :D hehehe...

But nah, seriously, you gotta let us know your desicsion ::: on the edge of chair ::: YOU JUST GOTTA! :::goes into sesiure (is that how you spell it?):::

Jake

FragTek
12-02-2003, 03:57 PM
Loox as if I have decided upon another Matrix. I loved my first with a passion, and seeing as how the new Dye Trixes are soooooooo cheap, I might as well get one! :)

afrankart
12-02-2003, 04:31 PM
Good thing you are going with the trix. I don't wanna have to play against any more people with vikings.:D