PDA

View Full Version : VERY positive update on cheap macoline

-=Squid=-
11-27-2003, 10:13 PM
Well, to those who remember, I was offering cheap macroline. Well, things look to be growing. People were concerned about working pressure and safety, no more need for such. It looks like there is a LARGE possibility of me having a run of about 5000' of black macroline, with my soon to be company name on the side. Now, to the best part, it will be nylon-11, whiich is the best of the best, and nylon that strong to my knowledge is not in the paintball market at this time, functioning at a pressure of up to 2000-3000 PSI, which is far higher than any others. In the begginning black will only be available, but soon colors and mabe even glow in the dark! Now, the price, I will sell at ANY length from 1" to 1000', it WONT matter, and would be a VERY easy transaction, and there would be no worry about every going out of stock. Now, macroline will not be my only product. I will sell lots of air related pieces and things, and may soon form Impact Tubing And hope to get my little business up and running fairly soon... Price on the macroline will be something like $1-$2 a foot, mabe less. Now, what this thread is for, before I try and kick this off, who would buy from me? Keep in mind I would sell cheaper than most, and it would be THE BEST of the BEST. Just give me pointers, input and everything you think may help, and thanks for any positive input.

Nick

UltimatePaintballer
11-27-2003, 10:17 PM
ima get some!

-=Squid=-
11-27-2003, 10:24 PM
Well its nice to have the first post positive :) Basically, I want some reassurement that if I go through with this I wont regret it, granted, there is never a guaruntee, I just wonder what other people have to say about it. Other products will include pneumatic hose, like on cockers and timmys etc, and other hose barbs, and I have an idea for a barrel swab im working on. I will also at one point offer angel services :)

UltimatePaintballer
11-27-2003, 10:28 PM
well i will buy some hose and pnues. hose from you. test it out and give everyone my feedback on it.

logamus
11-27-2003, 10:30 PM
i wish you the best of luck. i always hope for the best for any dealer that supports AO. i am a stainless man so i wont be buying any macro, but good luck anyway.

JT2002
11-27-2003, 10:31 PM
if the price is cool id deff buy some, you can never have too much macro. and its a pain always havin to buy these kits at my field that have 2 feet of macro and 2 fittings for 15 bux and tax :(

-=Squid=-
11-27-2003, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by logamus
i wish you the best of luck. i always hope for the best for any dealer that supports AO. i am a stainless man so i wont be buying any macro, but good luck anyway. I appreciate it. Keep it comin folks, also, any dealers here care to give me tips on how to promote something like this outside of my forums? Like, would it be wise to contact fields about selling it etc? Im VERY new to this sort of thing, so pardon some of my noob coments.

P.S. Shartly and tunaman, im lookin at you guys ;)

JT2002
11-27-2003, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by -=Squid=-

P.S. Shartly and tunaman, im lookin at you guys ;)

Dont worry, im sure Master Tuna will come to the rescue
;) :D :D :rolleyes: :eek: :p :D

-=Squid=-
11-27-2003, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by JT2002

Dont worry, im sure Gramps will come to the rescue
;) :D :D :rolleyes: :eek: :p :D Which one is gramps? :eek: :confused:

JT2002
11-27-2003, 10:36 PM
trust me, he will make his presence known once he sees this thread. (its a joke from the AO 3 guns for sale thred ) :D ;) :p :D

-=Squid=-
11-27-2003, 10:43 PM
I just got this crazy thought in my head, and have to wonder, think there is any chance of AGD ever carrying it in the online store, if it lives up to its expectations? I ask because currently there is no macro in the store, and what better to carry than very good macro from a well known AOer? Slap me if this is a dumb question.

JT2002
11-27-2003, 10:45 PM
**Kisses Squiddy on the cheek** that give u an answer? :D

thats a GREAT idea! :D

Tunaman
11-27-2003, 10:45 PM
slap ;)

JT2002
11-27-2003, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Tunaman
slap ;)

So Speaks Grandfather time :D ;) :p :rolleyes: :D
ROFL

-=Squid=-
11-27-2003, 10:48 PM
slap ;) So seriously, was that like a big no chance? And if so, just say yes, othewise, please be honest, and any other advice is always nice friend :)

Tunaman
11-27-2003, 11:01 PM
Squid...Please forgive me for farting in your parade. But I think I should tell you what I know about Macro. I would stay clear of Nylon 11 and think about Nylon 12. Nylon 11 does not have ample UV ratings for Paintball use. UV rays from the sun degrade plastic lines very quickly. Every time you set your gun down in the sun, you are degrading the line. It can get VERY hot on the hood of a car and I have seen it blow just sitting there. I only use the Parker line because the Black is the only line rated UV stable for what we use it for. The Parker line in colors is even worse, but better than the cheap stuff in Black. It is NOT (the Parker) 100% safe, but it's the closest I have found that will withstand the rigors of Paintball use. There have been very few complaints on the line after 1000's of ft sold. Its the fittings that worry me. They have even less of a rating. Use only QUALITY fittings. Bend Radius is also a top concern as some applications call for a tight bend. So what I am saying is that burst pressure or working pressure alone is not what makes for a good rating. Follow me? Maybe your stuff is fine....I dunno till I could test it out.;) ;)

jdev
11-27-2003, 11:09 PM
squid, ill take about a foot now, if it turns out its decent for me, ill take more.

lmk when this is available for purchase and ill take some.

joe

-=Squid=-
11-27-2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by joey d
squid, ill take about a foot now, if it turns out its decent for me, ill take more.

lmk when this is available for purchase and ill take some.

joe Well, trust me tuna, I DO appreciate tht. Im not looking to sell shady products, but im fairly confident in this hose. Im being told it is the best of the best, and it cant be beat. there will be an initial 100' ran through the machines for sale and testing, and I will be sure to send you as well as many other people Im comfortable with for testing, with your consent of course. I have been told this stuff will last longer than nylon 12 and is overall better. But again, they dont deal in paintball.

magman007
11-27-2003, 11:17 PM
send me a free piece of macro, and i will review it. I have 4800 some posts, and people listen to me, as im a proven member.

Tunaman
11-27-2003, 11:23 PM
Most of it IS relatively the same...I just cant comment on your stuff because I haven't used it yet.;)

Lethargic
11-27-2003, 11:29 PM
if it turns out good i might have to pick up a good 10' of the stuff. THat is, provided it doesnt burst and kill everyone ina large radius the first time you use it:rolleyes: :D

sniper1rfa
11-27-2003, 11:31 PM
magman, you PW.

i already have like 10' of cocker hose, so i wont grab any of that, but a couple feet of macro would be nice.

ExtremeODD
11-27-2003, 11:51 PM
if it rocks, ill try to get like 3 feet, if it sucks ill try to get 15 feet, hey if it blows, u always got more, if it rocks, u dont need much more

rdb123
11-27-2003, 11:54 PM
Squid, I *THINK* HaveBlue already sells Nylon-11 macroline.

But nevertheless, good luck and if I ever need macro, I'll be sure to drop you a PM! =)

trevorjk
11-27-2003, 11:57 PM
hell i need some macroline as im typing this post so hell yea im in for about 3-4 feet :)

GT
11-28-2003, 12:02 AM
Price on the macroline will be something like $1-$2 a foot, mabe less.

uhhh.... I paid 35 shipped for 50ft for some nice macro. I think that comes out to .7o bucks a foot shipped.

Good luck Squid I believe you will be hard pressed to sell macro to most serious mag guys.
jb

Mag Master 04
11-28-2003, 12:21 AM
im down for 2 feet, do these just go right into my exsisting macro fitting?? or do i gotta buy some other crap(not saying yur product is crap, im very interested, i just call all my junk crap, haha) i want 2 feet

JoyInTheMadness
11-28-2003, 12:24 AM
I don't get why people use macro. It blows up. It slips out. Why not just use steal braided hose?

TransMan
11-28-2003, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by JoyInTheMadness
I don't get why people use macro. It blows up. It slips out. Why not just use steal braided hose? Because it harder to get it the right length and then if u change ur set up u have to go through all that crap again...

Ill take about 10 feet whenever u get it

-=Squid=-
11-28-2003, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by gtrsi

uhhh.... I paid 35 shipped for 50ft for some nice macro. I think that comes out to .7o bucks a foot shipped.

Good luck Squid I believe you will be hard pressed to sell macro to most serious mag guys.
jb 1) its nylon 12, not 11, not as tuff as nylon 11
2. if you want 50 feet, I will sell for less than 35...im talking 1 dollar or so a foot if you only want a few feet. trust me, my prices will be better than air soldiers ;) And yes, this macro will work with normal fittings. Tunaman, and magman, you game for testing this stuff for quality check?

sneakyhacker420
11-28-2003, 02:05 AM
i'm up for testing

i'll have my friend hook it up to the cascade tanks @ my field and see what pressure it bursts at, bend radius...etc. :D

ps: we screw around alot and break stuff for the hell of it (nothing expensive), and we do it (almost always) safely :D

otherwise if this is the same stuff that haveblue sells... i don't like it, the bend radius sucks, but it does last a while...

Big_Chops
11-28-2003, 02:35 AM
i hate stuff without a good bend radius. i had some and threw it out right away. but neways good luck squid

-=Squid=-
11-28-2003, 10:00 AM
This stuff isnt the stuff haveblue sells. From what I told, this stuff will be better, other than the sun problem that tunaman described. There should also be a good bend radius, better than nylon 12 stuff.

MarkM
11-28-2003, 10:40 AM
Not wishing to rain on "anyone" parade, I have followed these macroline sor sale threads for a while now, the grease gun airline etc and although Parker seems to come up as being "The Best", I felt I should give you guys this link below. It started as a rash of hoses and fitting beginning to blow to the result of a guy being hospitilised on mainland europe after a Millenium leg and he wasn't medi-vaced (sp?) for two weeks after he should have been home.
This guy who started the threads linked below was looking for an alternative to this tube AND fittings we have been using for ages...and seems to have found the answer.
The biggest point to note is that to ensure you can't get it fitted wrong both the fitting and the hose are replaced as they are both way way higher rated than the commonly used macroline and fittings and the diiameters are not the same as the "normal" fittings used....we don't get 32 degree stuff in the UK so don't be posting about that stuff in reply :)
All of the hose and fittings have been independently tested (totally outside paintball industry) and the guy who sells the hose and fittings will provide you with a copy of the test certificate. It is indeed possible that the hose and fittings come through a Parker distributer but as they are of a slightly different diameter you can't confuse the two types.

http://www.p8ntballer-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24897

If you don't want to read the thread here is the link to the pressure test results

http://www.p8ntballer-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24651

Here are pics etc of the products, the reason for the adapter is that the fitting has an O ring at the base to seal it and as some bottomlines and regulators have curved sides the adaptor is needed...not all people need this but some do.

http://www.p8ntballer-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24245

-=Squid=-
11-28-2003, 10:48 AM
ok, just to clear things up a bit. This hose will be designed for paintball. Its going to be made SPECIFICALLY and EXCLUSIVELY for paintball, and nothing else. My goal is to sell the hands down BEST and CHEAPEST macroline, which I aim to do. This macroline will work with all regular fittings, and will be very safe. This macroline will be able to last, and take a beating. Now, the only problem that we may have is what tuna said, which we are looking into. Thanks for all the input.

P.S. I can do nylon 12 if the nylon 11 will fail in the sun. Hopefully I wont have to, because I want a quality difference that sets this stuff aside from most others.

PaintSkater00
11-28-2003, 03:08 PM
I would definatily buy some at a resonable price. I am sick of the really bad stuff they use at my field that break at like 500 psi or so.

Tunaman
11-28-2003, 03:36 PM
The only thing I see different is that these new "Mate" fittings are manufactured with BST Threads. I thought we were using 1/8" NPT threads? And I find it hard to believe that a single oring seal adds 700+ psi to the rating. I will get some and try them out...

-=Squid=-
11-28-2003, 07:24 PM
The only thing I see different is that these new "Mate" fittings are manufactured with BST Threads. I thought we were using 1/8" NPT threads? And I find it hard to believe that a single oring seal adds 700+ psi to the rating. I will get some and try them out... Just so all knows, the issue of the sunlight is being looked into. If we find it will be a problem, we will do nylon 12, which will be equal to the best you can currently buy, only much much cheaper, and again, designed specifically for paintball. Its looking like I have a couple of store/fields willing to buy and sell my stuff, and a possible distributer :)

Well, things look to be off to a great start. Tunaman, any chance of you carying it if its as great as Im saying? Heck, buy enough and Tunamart can be printed on the side ;)

shartley
11-28-2003, 07:39 PM
Squid.... yes. I keep getting your PM's. Yes, I keep trying to answer them. Yes, your inbox is FULL! :D

If you want me to answer, you have to go and clean out your messages.... no.... more..... room!

;)

-=Squid=-
11-28-2003, 09:38 PM
ok man, I Deleted ALL of em. Send away!

Mag Master 04
11-29-2003, 12:09 AM
well im up for like 3 feet as soon as its released..what do i gotta do now...walk and talk with me squid

FalconGuy016
11-29-2003, 12:39 AM
I'd buy from you if the shipping was less than it would cost to buy here :)

-=Squid=-
11-29-2003, 01:29 AM
Im looking into the cheapest method of shipping possible, and when I find it, thats what I Will use. As for what you have to do now...pretty simple, wait till monday when I know 100% prices and what im doing. I will have a rough schedule of events by that evening. Thanks for everyones input, and shartley, hurry up you sloth.

shartley
11-29-2003, 06:31 AM
Look... I DO sleep some times. :rolleyes: ;)

I will look over your PM again today and send a response.

Tunaman
11-29-2003, 07:58 AM
Just so all knows, the issue of the sunlight is being looked into. If we find it will be a problem, we will do nylon 12, which will be equal to the best you can currently buy, only much much cheaper, and again, designed specifically for paintball. Its looking like I have a couple of store/fields willing to buy and sell my stuff, and a possible distributer :)

Well, things look to be off to a great start. Tunaman, any chance of you carying it if its as great as Im saying? Heck, buy enough and Tunamart can be printed on the side ;) Sure I'll carry it if it withstands the test of time...;)

TransMan
11-29-2003, 05:35 PM
to solve the problem with the sun messing it up couldnt you put shrink tubing or tape on it to block the light or would that be too simple of a solution??:confused:

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
11-29-2003, 06:28 PM
for me i'd just use transman's idea and just put tape on it or i'll just cover my gun with a cloth when it's not in use.

Relentless
11-29-2003, 07:27 PM
im up for a couple feet if the shipping isnt too much.

stupid hose our field sells, hate it...

-=Squid=-
11-29-2003, 08:09 PM
Well thats good news Tunaman. There is a chance that Kickn' will sell/distribute it. Things are progressing nicely. I will have the final word monday.

mag-hatter
11-29-2003, 08:21 PM
ill take like 4 feet of it :) slayer3604@hotmail.com or aim m1k3master3604

can'tthink of1
11-29-2003, 11:12 PM
Could you include fittings by any chance? Otherwise still interested for like 3 feet.

cris8762
11-29-2003, 11:57 PM
squid!!! mah man!

sorry i forgot to post in this thread when i first saw it, but squid told me about his idea before neone else, i guess you coulud say i helped him develop it *cough*royalties*cough*

good luck man, u owe me a couple feet of this stuff!!!!:D

-=Squid=-
11-30-2003, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by cris8762
squid!!! mah man!

sorry i forgot to post in this thread when i first saw it, but squid told me about his idea before neone else, i guess you coulud say i helped him develop it *cough*royalties*cough*

good luck man, u owe me a couple feet of this stuff!!!!:D Sure why not!

TransMan
11-30-2003, 03:36 PM
Ya u owe me a coupel feet too... cuz i said so :D

-=Squid=-
11-30-2003, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by TransMan
Ya u owe me a coupel feet too... cuz i said so :D Thats quite alright ;)

-=Squid=-
12-01-2003, 09:48 AM
The day is here. I will let everyone know how it goes about 3:00 or so.