PDA

View Full Version : Mag Run Bad On Co2???

blueangelboy
11-27-2003, 11:42 PM
hey everyone,
i think that i have a buyer for my gun but see it is kind of hard for him to get N2 or Compressed Air where he lives so he is wonderin if runnin it on Co2 would mess anything up. what are the "side affects" of running a mag on Co2. Would it mess up the gun or mess up anything about the attributes of the gun (accuracy and all that). and ofcourse he would be running it on anti-syphoned Co2, not regular Co2 with no syphon. please let me know so i can let him know and i might sell my gun. let me know asap please. thanks alot in advance yall. cya

ChucktheMAGician
11-27-2003, 11:50 PM
Most problems are gonna come from fast shooting. The valve may start to freeze up, shortening or ending the life of some o-rings. An Anti-siphon will help greatly and an expansion chamber might be a good choice if problems are still being occured.

ETR28
11-27-2003, 11:51 PM
Where is he planning on using the gun? If its in a part of the country that gets fairly cold CO2 will cause more problems than in a warmer climate. The gun will work on CO2 but he could experience problems like inconsistant velocity (spikes)and frozen o-rings from liquid CO2. The regulator on the gun is pretty intolerant of liquid CO2 and a anti-syphon tank will help this somewhat, but if it gets cold where he plays the gun will still have problems. If he really has to use CO2, a expansion chamber and making sure to hold the gun upright so no liquid can run into the reg will help keep problems from happening.

JoyInTheMadness
11-28-2003, 12:14 AM
Just run it through a nice expansion chamber AND a remote or run it verticle and you will be fine. DO NOT play in temps under 40F or you will probably hurt your valve.