PDA

View Full Version : Hey what are yalls favorite pro teams

The Action Figure
11-28-2003, 08:31 AM
I personally like the russian legions playing style but for and american team the assassans

Bolter
11-28-2003, 08:38 AM
Storm Uk

Bolter
11-28-2003, 08:39 AM
but other than that I really think that Dynasty are the best team out there. They have refined their game into a slick machine. No wait.....a slick well oiled machine.

p8ntball1016
11-28-2003, 08:48 AM
dynasty.

The Action Figure
11-28-2003, 09:05 AM
OK ILL AGREE THAT DYNASTY IS ONE OF THE BEST TEAMS OUT THERETEAMS OUT THERE BUT I DESPISE SMART PARTS SO I HAVE LOST ALL RESPECT I EVER HAD FOR THEM WHEN THEY SIGNED WITH SMART PARTS DROPPING REALLY GOOD AND REALLY LOYAL SPONSORS

-=Squid=-
11-28-2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Gideon1331
OK ILL AGREE THAT DYNASTY IS ONE OF THE BEST TEAMS OUT THERETEAMS OUT THERE BUT I DESPISE SMART PARTS SO I HAVE LOST ALL RESPECT I EVER HAD FOR THEM WHEN THEY SIGNED WITH SMART PARTS DROPPING REALLY GOOD AND REALLY LOYAL SPONSORS Caps lock much?

Well, as P.Oed as I am at SP right now, as far as a team and playing style etc goes, im all for strange, or whatever silly Xball name they have right now..

JoyInTheMadness
11-28-2003, 10:20 AM
I like the TonTons, Trauma, NYX, Evil Factory, and Tippmann Effect at the moment.

Gotta stick up for the local boys (these guys are all x-vicious) Diesel!

Python14
11-28-2003, 10:25 AM
New York Xtreme!

krafty
11-28-2003, 10:30 AM
None.

Don't follow "professional" paintball, don't give a rat's *** about it.

JoyInTheMadness
11-28-2003, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by krafty
None.

Don't follow "professional" paintball, don't give a rat's *** about it.

Its the future my friend, wake up and smell the coffee or get left behind

Embrace change don't fear it.

-=Squid=-
11-28-2003, 10:33 AM
None.

Don't follow "professional" paintball, don't give a rat's *** about it. I laugh at you. And whats with the quotes around professional? Thats what it is, most of the Xball pros are being paid yo9u know...

maglover52
11-28-2003, 10:43 AM
mine are:
Dynasty
Aftershock
Nuaghty Dogs(i gotta like them there from the same state as me and sometimes practice at the same field as me! but i havnt been to a game when they where there practicing yet:( )

The Action Figure
11-28-2003, 11:35 AM
http://home.pacbell.net/zoraks/dynasty.jpg

judster
11-28-2003, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by JoyInTheMadness

really? and here i thought that scenario ball is the growing thing...personaly i dont like all the pro ball stuff either...so i would have to go with none as well, but more power to them, thats what they like to do, im not gonna hold it against them, they are paintball players reguardless of what type of ball they play

magman007
11-28-2003, 11:53 AM
For me, it used to be all about Aftershock, then Manny Francia left, the one guy on the team that i was sure still had it all"there". now ive been folowing trauma, nyx, dynasty, Ironmen, and many's new team, IMAGE.

Im peeved about what dynasty did, but it is natural business progression, it was bound to happen sooner or later

Riot[Z-Grip]
11-28-2003, 12:02 PM
Insert some retarded image here.

Ok, while I don't necessarily agree with their actions, this isn't called for. If AGD "bought off" Dynasty, you'd probably be the first person to say "w00t Dynasty is shooting mags yo!". Sit down.

Big_Chops
11-28-2003, 12:15 PM
well it was dynasty and i hate sp so i have lost respect for them. so it would have to be aftershock

xXHavokXx
11-28-2003, 12:24 PM
Assassins, they are my local NXL team and the guys ive met from them have all been cool.

edman282
11-28-2003, 12:32 PM
Team Aftershock!

The Action Figure
11-28-2003, 01:27 PM
Riot[Z-Grip]you idiot you are possibly the dumbest man alive i dont care who they dropped the sponsoships for i dont think that it is right for a team to let down loyal sponsors for more money

p8ntball1016
11-28-2003, 01:33 PM
Riot[Z-Grip]you idiot you are possibly the dumbest man alive i dont care who they dropped the sponsoships for i dont think that it is right for a team to let down loyal sponsors for more money maybe if wdp had listened to dynasty more theyd still be shooting angels. now go play woodsball with your stock tippmann.

demonguy8
11-28-2003, 03:28 PM
I have a bunch

Fav overall: Russian Legion

Home town team: Aftershock

Fav playing style: Dynasty/Aftershock

Fav college team: IL State Redbirds

Teams I really like for one reason or another: Static and Strange

BobTheCow
11-28-2003, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by p8ntball1016
now go play woodsball with your stock tippmann.
Hey... lol not funny...

Although I'm not really a hard-core fan, have trouble following anything... the Baltimore X-ball team, since I'm sorta in their area... is that Trauma? :confused:

Python14
11-28-2003, 03:42 PM
Trauma is the Baltimore team. HOWEVER, they are mostly from Greensboro if I'm right. Paintball Central is located down there.

Not every team is actually from the city they represent.

AutomagRT1483
11-28-2003, 03:48 PM
Russian Legion & Avalanche

Bolter
11-28-2003, 04:00 PM
this is a thread about which team we appreciate not which team we hate, keep to the point, sponsors are not in the thread title........

CodeMA
11-28-2003, 04:05 PM
I would have to go with:
Bushwackers
Naughty Dogs
TX Storm

not nessarly in that order....

Methylphenidate
11-28-2003, 04:06 PM
OK ILL AGREE THAT DYNASTY IS ONE OF THE BEST TEAMS OUT THERETEAMS OUT THERE BUT I DESPISE SMART PARTS SO I HAVE LOST ALL RESPECT I EVER HAD FOR THEM WHEN THEY SIGNED WITH SMART PARTS DROPPING REALLY GOOD AND REALLY LOYAL SPONSORS

hey these guys are proffesional paintbal players it is what they do it is their income. loyal sponsor or not
this isnt some weekend get together of friends here
i it reminds me of what steve distad from the lions once told me and it is true, "are we a team of guys who are out there to make friends and buddies and have a good time or are we a team that is out there to be a dominate force on the circuit. Now if you are the first feel free to keep your freinds that suck on the team and stick with a sponsor simply because they have been loyal. if you are the second there is no place for loyalty or friend ship. You are out to win no matter what it takes."
If that means switching sponsors because they offered you a better deal than so be it. dont hate on dynesty because they were looking out for their best intrests

dont hate the player hate the game

KornKamp02
11-28-2003, 04:09 PM
OK ILL AGREE THAT DYNASTY IS ONE OF THE BEST TEAMS OUT THERETEAMS OUT THERE BUT I DESPISE SMART PARTS SO I HAVE LOST ALL RESPECT I EVER HAD FOR THEM WHEN THEY SIGNED WITH SMART PARTS DROPPING REALLY GOOD AND REALLY LOYAL SPONSORS AH! I'm deaf!

Anyway, the only ones I ahve heard about are Dynasty, New York Extreme, and Miami Effect. I would say Dynasty though.

tony3
11-28-2003, 04:33 PM
Aftershock is awesome, todd adamson is awesome

but

I liked Naughty Dogs before it was the cool thing.....

The Action Figure
11-28-2003, 04:38 PM
maybe if wdp had listened to dynasty more theyd still be shooting angels. now go play woodsball with your stock tippmann. Posted by p8ntball1016

Ok first of all i play for a very good,aggressive tournament team Total rebellion 2nd of all i shoot a ule mag so shut up you retard all of yall have no sense of loyaly or friendship your all probably lying cheating losers

DiRTyBuNNy
11-28-2003, 04:47 PM
I'll be the first person to say that I like Dynasty...and I'll probably buy one of the Dynasty edition Shockers too...so there...

Gunga
11-28-2003, 05:54 PM
My favorite pro team is the Chicago Bears! :D Even though they suck. :p

Cryer
11-28-2003, 06:06 PM

I bet you started this thread with the sole intent of blowing up like that when someone mentioned dynasty...:rolleyes: :o

Posted by p8ntball1016

Ok first of all i play for a very good,aggressive tournament team Total rebellion 2nd of all i shoot a ule mag so shut up you retard all of yall have no sense of loyaly or friendship your all probably lying cheating losers

I think, for the most part, our senses of loyalty are intact. You, and so many other people in the sport, are taking this whole SP thing way too far. Dynasty is a very good team and they did what was in their best interest(s).

And there's no reason for the random spray of hatred and molevolence in your last post, there...:rolleyes:

BTW, I like the assassins.

p8ntball1016
11-28-2003, 06:15 PM
Posted by p8ntball1016

Ok first of all i play for a very good,aggressive tournament team Total rebellion 2nd of all i shoot a ule mag so shut up you retard all of yall have no sense of loyaly or friendship your all probably lying cheating losers i guess youre right. considering youve never seen me play and you dont know squat about me but youre still right cause im a cheating lowlife loser:rolleyes:

11-28-2003, 09:57 PM
Dynasty and NYX

TheAmazingJelloMag
11-28-2003, 10:16 PM
NYX, Shock, AGD --- (it's only a matter of time)

maglover52
11-28-2003, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by DiRTyBuNNy
I'll be the first person to say that I like Dynasty...and I'll probably buy one of the Dynasty edition Shockers too...so there...

I said i liked dynasty! and i am going to dynastys clinic in california in february. i still like dynasty. i dont like the decision they made but that doesnt make them a diffrent team or diffrent poeple. i mean thats like saying you hate someone for selling there automag and getting an autococker. its dumb. there still the same team, and same people. and they still are very good ball players and im sure could woop anyone on this forums butt.

LaW
11-28-2003, 10:33 PM
I have always been a large fan of Image, used to like Avalanche a lot years ago as well.

magsRus
11-28-2003, 11:04 PM
I loved avalanche as well right now i have love for the outter country teams like the ton tons even though their french, and russian legion < whom of which are extremely good.

krafty
11-28-2003, 11:21 PM

Trust me, I don't fear change. I do know when change is good and when it is bad, and I think most "pro" paintball these days is bad for the sport on the whole. It's just my opinion.

Because I play paintball I HAVE to follow what happens on the tourney circuit? Don't think so.

Originally posted by -=Squid=-
I laugh at you. And whats with the quotes around professional? Thats what it is, most of the Xball pros are being paid yo9u know...

I laugh back.
I'll call "professional" paintball professional when there's an independent refereeing body, leagues seperate from sponsors, standard rules and just a little more professionalism on the field. Until then, I'll spend my time playing the GAME of paintball with my friends, teammates and people for whom winning is secondary to having fun.

Python14
11-28-2003, 11:28 PM
I dunno about you, but I have fun playing the SPORT of paintball. If you think the more popular professional sports are "corporate-free"....boyee, you have a world of dissappointment ahead of you.

Anyway, when I got to college, I really would like to get a movement going to have college X-ball get more attention. Competitive College paintball has a better chance of being more about the sport than the business than the professional side of the sport. Imagine seeing NCAA Paintball. Imagine being the first paintballer to be on the cover of Sports Illustrated sporting a jersey for your school? That makes me all giddy inside just thinking about it.

I want to also be the first college X-ball player to be AGD sponsored.:D

So I'll also have to say my favorite team would be whichever school I bless next fall;) :p

krafty
11-28-2003, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by Python14
I dunno about you, but I have fun playing the SPORT of paintball. If you think the more popular professional sports are "corporate-free"....boyee, you have a world of dissappointment ahead of you.

This is getting way off-topic, so this will be the last I post in here... I don't disagree that professional sports are corporate whores just like eveyone else. The difference lies within. Study the NFL, NHL, MLB and compare them to the PSP/NPPL/NXL and you'll see a world of difference.

To each his own, but tourney ball represents a tiny portion of the paintball community and I feel gets too much coverage. My opinion and I'm entitled to it.

fin

The Action Figure
11-29-2003, 10:55 AM
Python14 is absolutely right I apologize for blowing up at the mention of Dynasty I suppose it is just my dislike of SP that dissallusioned me to the fat that dynasty is a very good team Sorry again

Bolter
11-29-2003, 12:08 PM
*Bolter slaps everyone around the face a bit with a wet herring*

Stop moaning about peoples sponsors you lot.

Korrosion
11-29-2003, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Gunga
My favorite pro team is the Chicago Bears! :D Even though they suck. :p

Ups for the bears. They rule in a sucky kinda way...
:rolleyes:

WARPED1
11-29-2003, 01:59 PM
Philly Americans, XBall 2003 Champs!

SyntaxError
11-29-2003, 02:23 PM

Trust me, I don't fear change. I do know when change is good and when it is bad, and I think most "pro" paintball these days is bad for the sport on the whole. It's just my opinion.

Because I play paintball I HAVE to follow what happens on the tourney circuit? Don't think so.

I laugh back.
I'll call "professional" paintball professional when there's an independent refereeing body, leagues seperate from sponsors, standard rules and just a little more professionalism on the field. Until then, I'll spend my time playing the GAME of paintball with my friends, teammates and people for whom winning is secondary to having fun.

Very true.

Professional paintball is anything but, and as a tournament player myself (NPPL/GPL Registered) I totally agree. Professionalism is completely absent from the tournament scene, and the illusion that professional paintball is some illustrious goal, only attainable by a few is so totally wrong.

Considering that there are Rookie teams beating "Professional" teams, I think the first step towards calling a team pro is having some kind of guideline as to how good you have to be to play pro, rather than just who's got the cash. There are so many teams sandbagging, and others who are playing too high, the whole thing is totally off.

Squid- there are no set paychecks for NXL teams yet. From Mitch Karn's mouth, "I hope Detroit Thunder will be the first to pay our players".

I declined offers to play "professionally" after this past season. I decided that all I want is to succeed in one of the other divisions, and considering they're no real mark as to the skill level of your team, it doesnt really matter which one I play. As of now, the NPPL or PSP professional divisions are not what I want to be playing.

Until this sport is able to make playing professionally worthwhile to its players, I don't consider it to be truly a profession, as the word implies.

sps16
11-29-2003, 02:28 PM
I personally like the russian legions playing style
ditto

bryceeden
11-30-2003, 11:53 PM
Bad Company, if they can do as well as they do with Spyders think how good they would be with the average $1000+ marker. The Naughty Dogs are a close second though.

LittlePaintballBoy
12-01-2003, 12:00 AM
I have to say my favorite team is The SC Ironmen, even though they aren't THE BEST, they are really cool guys:)

demonguy8
12-01-2003, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by bryceeden
Bad Company, if they can do as well as they do with Spyders think how good they would be with the average $1000+ marker. The Naughty Dogs are a close second though.

Bad company's "spyders" have about as much in common with kingmans spyders as intimidators do.. that is to say nothing save a body.

jtoothman25
12-01-2003, 03:02 AM
I like the Mariners on the west coast, and the Red Sox on the east coast.

bryceeden
12-01-2003, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by demonguy8

Bad company's "spyders" have about as much in common with kingmans spyders as intimidators do.. that is to say nothing save a body.

They haven't changed much at all actually. All they have is a few small changes like trigger work, and of coarse barrels, but for the most part those are stock Spyders. Why does every one think that they must be super upgraded to compeat in tourneys? Spyders work fairly well with a good barrel and hopper.

Bolter
12-01-2003, 12:38 PM
I agree, they ain't that bad at all, we buy them for our rec site we run in England. I don't know what the exchange rate is but we get fairly good Electro Spyders for about £80-£100, give em to group organisers and they love it!!! 12 bps of pure fun!

If they had an eye they would be 100% better!!

And we played Bad Company at the Campaign Cup, and ..... well.....they broke us into tiny pieces, with spyders.

:)

WARPED1
12-01-2003, 01:26 PM
BC just dumped thier Kingman guns, they will be shooting something new in 2004.
The Spyder is a good choice for the rec player but the tolerences just aren't good enough to stand up to the rigors of tournament play.

bryceeden
12-01-2003, 04:29 PM
I hadn't heard that, anyone what they will be shooting next year?

WARPED1
12-01-2003, 04:38 PM
I guess they're still looking around. I place bets it'll be some type of cocker..........

BlackVCG
12-01-2003, 04:45 PM
All the IronKids (Dynasty) were once beginners that probably didn't know the difference between an Automag and an Autococker (yes, they all started playing in that generation). They've worked hard to get where they are and now they're in a situation where people want to PAY them to play. Welcome to the world of sponsorship.

Sure, I most of the time shoot AGD stuff and I'd prefer to, but I guarantee you I'd shoot a different gun if I'm going to get paid to do so.

Dynasty was pretty well setup with WDP, but there were other issues going on that influenced their move to SP. I'm willing to bet that 98% of you guys, given the same situation would switch sponsors if it was a better deal overall regardless of your opinion of that company.

nastymag
12-01-2003, 04:56 PM
its all about

RAGE and Dynasty

~WarpedRT#2~
12-01-2003, 05:08 PM
p8ntball1016, shut up. You have been nothing but a complete idito (HAHAHA!) on this board. Like you told him, he knows nothing about you, the same way you know nothing about him. You are the one who started it by saying he shot a stock Tippmann, and played woods. Does that giant brain of yours have the capacity to know what hypocrite means? Stop making judgements about other people you havent ever even seen before. Leave Gideon1331 alone, and take your 150 (still laughing about that one) IQ and shut up.

I'll be the first to say i like Ground Zero. I dont even know if they are still around. I just like them alot like two seasons ago. I also like the Ironmen(SC). I never have liked Dynasty though.

Benfica4ever
12-01-2003, 05:09 PM
I like the TonTons, Trauma, NYX, Evil Factory, and Tippmann Effect at the moment.

Gotta stick up for the local boys (these guys are all x-vicious) Diesel!

Nothing to do with the topic but i think you have to get rid of that sig pic.

frost
12-01-2003, 05:26 PM
i wish i knew who was my fav but its hard when all u have to go by is internet for whos who with the pro's tv would help!! but like thats going to happen anytime soon

hey tom by espn for us :p

Wierd-Guy
12-01-2003, 07:45 PM
Playing Style- Dynasty and the Naughty Dogs are doing sililar things now