PDA

View Full Version : Local Happenings (Ed what did you do!)

JoyInTheMadness
11-28-2003, 10:28 AM
Alright, I don't know if any of you guys care but I found this kinda interesting so I decided to post it.

I live in a small town in eastern Nebraska. The pro-shop I use to buy all my gear and paint is Warped Sportz Omaha. I went in there the other day to pick up my cocker from a tune-n-time and I discovered something... everything Warped was gone from Warped Omaha. So I ask Walter (Uber Gun Tech and a great pal) what happened.

"Well" He says "We arn't Warped Omaha Anymore"

I ponited to his hat which had the Warped symbol on it

"It's comfortable"

Anyway, I ask him why they arn't a Warped Sportz anymore.

"Ed (owner of all Warped Sportz) stole our name" he says.

I gave him a puzzled look and he continued.

Apprantly Ed had copyrighted the vicious name (which Warped Omaha had not) and had given it to some other team that he sponsored that wanted it. So basically, he calls up Pauly (owner of Warped Omaha) and says his team can't be vicious any more. Now Pauly is a nice guy, until you piss him off. So he basically hung up on Ed and now Warped Omaha is www.NebraskaPaintball.com

So now old vicious is known as Diesel.

Anyway, just thought you guys might care.

Big_Chops
11-28-2003, 12:35 PM
some people are such jerks. like sp trying to sue people thats uncalled for

UltimatePaintballer
11-28-2003, 12:41 PM
ENOUGH WITH THE SP!!!!! god we all know about it and don't care about it anymore, unless it affects agd:( . but that really sucks about the store

wobbles82
11-28-2003, 01:34 PM
THANK YOU JOY, for clearing up why the team Vicious was renamed Diesel...the last tournament of the season! Heh, I was wondering what was up with that. Well that is pretty ridiculous, cant believe Ed Poorman would actually go ahead and do that. Well his loss, he shoulda offered Pauly something for the team them boys really roll! :D

shartley
11-28-2003, 02:11 PM
This is a common thing… as is MOST of what folks complain about concerning Paintball and the business aspect of it.

How about this? I had a client with a great product. He had me work up branding, marketing material, sales backend, the works…. Only to find out that someone else had copyrighted the name. Oops…. My client had to have it ALL done over to reflect a new name.

Before you make a product name, team name, etc. it is a smart thing to make sure you CAN use that. And if this team was using the name BEFORE it was copyrighted, guess what? They can fight it and WIN, still being allowed to use the name. But they have to prove they were using it before the other person “filed” for copyright. This is normally not very hard to do.

But in many cases, it is just easier to stop using the name.

Right, wrong… bah… everyone has a choice. If you are right, FIGHT for your rights. If you don’t, you really can’t complain about it. But it gets really aggravating seeing people piss and moan and say businesses are “bad” for doing what businesses do. Sometimes in the normal course of business you will step on someone’s toes. And yes, you can be “nice” or be a “nice guy”, but business sometimes demands that things be done that may not make everyone “happy”, not even you yourself at times.

JoyInTheMadness
11-28-2003, 10:17 PM
I really have never seen Pauly so pissed off. It was almost as bad as the time the kid with the StingRay Shot him.

Python14
11-28-2003, 10:30 PM
I have never met Ed in person before, but I have yet to talk to someone who said he was a geniune guy. Everyone has said he seemed shadey/seedy/backhanded/etc.

Halliday
11-29-2003, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by JoyInTheMadness
So now old vicious is known as Diesel.

Anyway, just thought you guys might care.

Just wait until Vin Diesel calls him up :)
They can use my name for their team name REAL cheap!

Mag Master 04
11-29-2003, 12:12 AM
poo poo on jerks:mad: :p

deputydan
06-03-2004, 12:46 PM
Ed is really kinda wierd... My mom thinks he's a stoner, and that he's just into pullin this kinda **** for the money... I played with him at the field in kearney a couple weeks ago, and he wasnt as bad as you'd think.

~dan

lord1234
06-03-2004, 12:54 PM
woah..old thread...from the depths of hell