PDA

View Full Version : I hate you Smart Parts.

hobbesTZ
11-28-2003, 12:54 PM
It had been so long since I had played paintball, and finally I get a chance. I had just recently bought a brand new Impulse, which had worked fine just shooting around my house.

So...

I go to the place, gas-up the Impy, and start shooting.

KSSSHHSHSHSHSHSHHTHTHTHSHTHSHSTHSHSHHSHTHTSHTSHHTS HTHSHSTT *bolt stick bolt stick bolt stick bolt stick*KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHHHHTHTHTHT HTH

And so it came to pass that my tank was empty after 30 or so rounds and now I am not playing. My Impulse will work fine after I pay $25 more to fix a problem that shouldn't be there in the first place.

But what's really awesome, is the first theing that came to my mind when my Impulse failed was "Why don't I have a mag?" I had thoughts about my Minimag all the way home. I remember how it always worked. I didn't have to buy anything...it just worked. So really, FU to Smart Parts, and huzzah to AGD.

Big_Chops
11-28-2003, 12:58 PM
yea i never have problems with my mag either and my friends impy has 1,001 problems fell bad for that fella to because he wanted and mag but nobody wanted his impy

wobbles82
11-28-2003, 01:30 PM
Ahhh yes the first experience with a non tapewormed and or LPR'ed Impy....always generous occasion, :D . I wouldnt go off and flaming the Impulse and Smart Parts, yes Smart Parts is a pretty morally horrible business but the Impulse is a pretty simple and awesome gun if ya get it rolling. You dont HAVE to buy that Tapeworm, id say get it so you have a noid optimizer and have no worries, but you can just set the dwell. Set the dwell on the marker to the point that you can shoot it without paint being in front of the bolt, if it gets bolt stick and vents air mess with the dwell more, you just wanna get it to the point that you can rip on the gun with no paint, verifying that the solenoid wont dump incredible amounts of air and in your case get bolt stick. Good luck! :D (and yes mags reliability is like, chicapow compared to them bastards, but I will admit an Impy is gonna be faster than that Mini, ;) )

camilion705
11-28-2003, 02:06 PM
lol. When my bushy craps out I just say to myself, "Shooda bought a mag..."

I just wish that a uled mag didnt cost $600.