PDA

View Full Version : macroline leak

emperor_lunchbox
11-28-2003, 05:44 PM
hello,
i have a leak in my macrolines. actually i have 2 leaks. one in each of my lines. i was wondering what i could do to fix this? i tried to tighten them up, but they are already tight, like really tight. anyway, if some one knows a trick or has some thoughts or something...
thanks,
-kyle

Tunaman
11-28-2003, 05:51 PM
change the line and/or change the fittings.

ExtremeODD
11-30-2003, 04:31 AM
do u have the line comming out at any angle? cuz woith mine, if the angle is too sharp it leaks

Big_Chops
11-30-2003, 11:58 PM
try cutting small piece off of the end of the hose. beacuse afterwhile they won't fit as snug. and it that doesn't work like tunaman said new fittings

AGDlover
12-02-2003, 05:37 PM
as i can see u have a TKO PF. so take your hose and wiggle it around in the fittingand that should do it. if that don't work buy some new fittings and hose and u should be fine.this has happend to me before too. did you just get the gun?

emperor_lunchbox
12-03-2003, 10:27 AM
I got the gun about 2 weeks ago. i moved the hose around and changed the o-ring on the co2 tank, and that was a temporary solution, i am also having another set of macrolines sent to me, i was wondering if there are any tricks to ensure that the new lines wont leak, also does anyone know where i can get some quick disconnect marcolinesor even if they make a quick disconnect macroline. i want the line that goes from the foregrip to the valve to have a quick disconnect for ease of tear down. i think thats how the problem stemmed in the first place, i had a problem putting the gun back together after a cleaning episode.
thanks for all your help.
-kyle

AGDlover
12-03-2003, 04:06 PM
see you and your mag still need to get useto eachother. but microline is quick disconect. and 1 more thing GET NITRO C02 WILL KILL YOUR GUN!!!!! you don't want to hurt that new mag now do you? you can get a crossfire HP tank for like $75

guysdaman
12-05-2003, 02:00 AM
I'm surprised no one has told you to ditch the macro and go with ss braided hose...I recently did this after an exploding macro line episode with my minimag...if you don't like the look of the ss you can always get some black heat shrink to cover up the ss hose and it looks alot like macro...just my $0.02

G/L

sneakyhacker420
12-05-2003, 02:04 AM
theres 3 possible solutions

1. bad fittings

2. bad macro

3. bad teflon/loc-tite seal

Lakeview Bulldog
12-05-2003, 11:39 AM
You could also go to an Auto parts store and ask someone for something called grease whip hose. It can be used for paintball airlines. It is reletivly inexpensive and works great.

MJNOLIR
12-05-2003, 10:10 PM
Just make sure the hoses are not damaged at the tips, they should be flat. Also make sure the O-rings inside the fittings are good.