PDA

View Full Version : X-Mas ideas for bro. in Iraq

BradPalooza
11-28-2003, 09:43 PM
Hey folks,
I'm having a hard time coming up with gift ideas for my brother. He's in Iraq and so I want to keep it small and not too expensive since it's a 50/50 that it will get broken, lost, or stolen. I already sent him a superknife (he liked that) and some training manuals (i.e. girly mags, which got confiscated before they even made it to him). I've also been sending paintball magazines and videos and a CD he asked for but I haven't had any recent requests.

Does anyone have any good ideas?
Thanks
-Brad

cphilip
11-28-2003, 09:50 PM
An AO SE Tshirt and DVD!!!!

LOL... I got no idea. Ask some of the members that have been there. They can prolly tell you what they really need.

maglover52
11-28-2003, 10:02 PM
i would say get a bunch of people to sign a note(people that are close friends of his and your familys) and say stuff like hope to see you soon, be careful, where thinking about you ect. and maybe get him somthing like a picture of all of you. i think any soldier would like that because i know if i was in iraq i would miss my friends and family to.

skife
11-28-2003, 10:35 PM
whatever you do don't send him sand

JoyInTheMadness
11-28-2003, 10:41 PM
A Saddam Voodoo doll...

ZAust
11-28-2003, 11:27 PM
i like the aosc dvd idea... its a good way to bring the paintball to him.

adam shannon
11-28-2003, 11:28 PM
baby wipes and stateside copenhagen are good as gold to anybody deployed. if he cant use em he can trade or sell them for stuff he needs.

kosmo
11-29-2003, 12:19 AM
"baby wipes and stateside copenhagen are good as gold to anybody deployed. if he cant use em he can trade or sell them for stuff he needs."
Bingo. Any tobacco product is like gold. In fact, you can even write Phillip Morris and tell them in a sappy and or patriotic way that he cant get cigarrettes over there, give them his address, and theyll send him two cartons of marlboros and a couple rolls of snuff a month. Ive got a couple friends over there doing that. They dont even smoke, but they make like 50 bucks a carton.

FalconGuy016
11-29-2003, 12:32 AM
I sent 4 boxes of baby wipes once, I can imagine that being a big thing (it sure would be for me :))

BradPalooza
11-29-2003, 11:06 AM
Thanks everyone,
Babywipes, paintball videos, and an autographed picture of the family. Good ideas.
Seriously, Thank you.

I can remember the serial numbers on my two mags but I can't remember my anniversary or kids birthdays. Picking out gifts is NOT a strong point... : )
Later
-Brad

WARPED1
11-29-2003, 01:20 PM
Sunglasses, and sunscreen.

Trina
11-29-2003, 05:33 PM
First I want to say, thank your brother for me for his outstanding service to our country. :D

I've been putting care packages together for Doobie since the start of the war and have found some things that are really appreciated:

Anything to munch on that doesn't melt or can be crushed. I've even sent milk in cartons (the kind that doesn't need to be kept in the fridge), small pkgs of cerial, juice, coke, chips & dip all in one package (these went over REALLY well with the guys), hard candy, etc..I usually go through the grocery store and just pick up whatever looks like it can be shipped.

Paintball magazines are always appreciated, if you want to try to send girly mags, just get tasteful ones like sports illustrated, wrestling divas, etc... Also DVD's, CD's, small gameboy, board games, things to do. You got the idea.

For Christmas, you can always get them a paintball item (ie mask, gun, etc) and put a picture of it in the box with everything else and they will have something to look forward to when they return.

If you want them to have a good laugh send them the AO SE DVD!! It's gonna be great!! :D

p8ntball1016
11-29-2003, 05:38 PM
get him a fartin dubya doll. im gettin one for my cousin.

http://www.prankplace.com/fbush.htm

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
11-29-2003, 06:33 PM
some pictures of the family? and some cookies???

p8ntball1016
11-29-2003, 06:34 PM
send him pie

WARPED1
11-29-2003, 06:38 PM
A times square hooker? JK, send him p[ictures of folks he kinows playing. The AOSC DVD would be cool too!