PDA

View Full Version : IS this normal?

68magOwner
11-28-2003, 09:57 PM
Ok, i just recieved my Z gripped classic RT today (yay) anyway, i ared it up, and shot it (expecting it to be similar to my old classic mag i had a while ago) but instead, i only pull the trigger like 1-2mm before it fires, and its really light (no ULE-trigger kit) and it sweet-spots REALLY easily, my imput pressure is 850 (preset screw in, nitro duck) when not sweet spotting its still REALLY fast :D but the sweet spotting may be a problem later on, So i was wondering if it could be something broken (chipped sear, messed up ON/OFF pin ect.) i cant check the sear because the screw holding on the grip frame is stripped (i can notch and take off with a dremel if need be) or is the imput pressure just to high?

68magOwner
11-28-2003, 10:16 PM
the sweet spotting stopped when the tank got low on PSI if that helps

cphilip
11-28-2003, 10:27 PM
Well 850 rarely gets you that kind of thing unless something is a good bit off spec. I suspect someone has been tweeking it to do that.

I would start by checking the Sear for wear and the bolt as well and for certain check the on off pin length. If they not to spec and not in good shape, replace them.

And if they are to spec and in good shape then look at the trigger rod length and return it to spec.

Specs are listed in the Tech Forum. Get or borrow some good calipers to do this

And while your at it retap that grip screw and fix that thing so you can maintain this thing properly.

No its not normal. Its malfunctioning and I would almost bet money on that fact someone did it deliberately. Well almost bet that is! :D

$tevo
11-28-2003, 11:07 PM
its probley the RT valve. your not used to the reactive trigger yet

cphilip
11-28-2003, 11:11 PM
*Ding*

Wrong... a RT valve is not supposed to go full auto reactive when set up correctly. His is malfunctioning. I suspect even made to do so on purpose. Maybe. Read what he describes before you go saying things like that. He is full trigger bounce with very little pull at 850 input. Its malfunctioning.

MantisMag
11-28-2003, 11:26 PM
i actually got that when i installed level 10. i was using the longest spring which required me to turn up the pressure using the velocity adjuster to the point of almost venting out the back. this gave me extremely easy sweet spotting. i had to switch to the medium spring to get it to stop.

68magOwner
11-28-2003, 11:26 PM
would it cause any serious damage if i left it that way? ist kind of nice :D but, seeing as refs wolnt think its nice ;) , i was wondering if it would be possible to get an on/off from a classic valve and swap them out for tournies (im not gettin my hopes up on that 1

cphilip
11-28-2003, 11:28 PM
It will eat up your sear and bolt edge some. I suspect thats why someone messed with it was to get it that way. It sounds like its fireing point is a little early too. But I would have to actually lay my hands on it to tell. And it all depends on what all they messed with to make it do that. You really need to examine all those parts for excessive wear and tear and spec first.

68magOwner
11-28-2003, 11:55 PM
ok, i just took it apart, and eerything seems to have minimal wear, BUT, there is a TON! of paint/shell, and some kind of grease between the rail and body, im gonna clean all that out, but i wolnt be able to air it up till i get air again :(

cphilip
11-28-2003, 11:57 PM
Yea well sounds like a good thing you looked and cleaned it up. Now if you can get some calipers and check all that stuff affer cleaning and lubing it would be nice to see what you got in there.

Mag Master 04
11-29-2003, 12:16 AM
welli didnt do a thing to my retro valve and it sweet spotted like a champ... it was nuts, almost to the point where i didnt like how much paint i was using...needless to say i got rid of it, now with my X valve it has some sweets but i got rid of my Z grip and have a Y grip now an ULT and it has the fast return but no sweetspot like it had
i havnt messed wit h my valves in any way at all, makes me nervous even though they are fool proof, i dont mess with them unless i have to:confused:

68magOwner
11-29-2003, 12:37 AM
seeing as i have no air (or calpers) i dunno what it will do now, but the thing was rediculiously fast before, im talking like 20+ bps, i have a 3ft/4ft board in my back yard for target practice, and i completely covered that thing in under a second, i would almost feel bad using that kind of force against a human being......almost ;) :D