PDA

View Full Version : nirvanna

rehme
11-28-2003, 11:34 PM
is it me or is nirvanna awesome! i like them alot considering that i am more of the old rock person. but any of you guys like nirvanna?

fcpchop
11-28-2003, 11:35 PM
ya i like em

KornKamp02
11-28-2003, 11:36 PM
Yeah, I like Nirvana, I jsut think that they are way to overrated, like just recently I was watching the top 20 bands of all time and they were #1, which pissed me off.

TraXeR
11-28-2003, 11:49 PM
they're ok, im not a fan really, but i do like "Smells like Teen Spirit". Im more a trance and metal guy.

Python14
11-29-2003, 12:02 AM
Nirvana has no appeal to me. I don't share their sentiments about really anything. Oh boo hoo, life is tough. Woe is me. I don't want to be strong. I just want to die. Wow, great stuff.:rolleyes:

InfinatyBPS
11-29-2003, 12:20 AM
I think they aight, but damn it seems like alot of their songs(the guitar at least) sounds the same...

fcpchop
11-29-2003, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by Python14
Nirvana has no appeal to me. I don't share their sentiments about really anything. Oh boo hoo, life is tough. Woe is me. I don't want to be strong. I just want to die. Wow, great stuff.:rolleyes:

umm... shut up, this isn't the bash nirvana thread:rolleyes:

Python14
11-29-2003, 12:31 AM
It's an open forum. If you don't like what I have to say, keep on scrolling.

fcpchop
11-29-2003, 01:24 AM
with that state of mind we will turn into PBN

Lopy-slopy
11-29-2003, 02:02 AM
Nirvana is the shiznat! I love their music, especialy the live in new york stuff, that is undoubidly their best stuff. Kurt cobain was an extreemly complicated person, and that shone through into his songs.
I have mad respect for them because they gained their huge populairity without hype and marketing from their labels. Nevermind wasn't expected to sell well so the label didn't print many coppies, and they had very minimal marketing. But when it was released they sold out right away, and it recorded one of the fastest climbs up the bilboard charts, eventualy beating out michle jackson, for top spot on the charts, the same day they played on SNL, Which was basicly the day they truely became famous.
They gain recignition the hard way, by relentless touring. And that is a hell of alot more than most bands today can say.
As you can tell I know alot about nirvana, for anyhardcore nirvana fans out their, I strongly recomcomend a book called "Heavier than Heaven" by Charles R. Cross. It goes into so much detail about kurt cobain, and almost every aspect of his life. It will give you a new respect for nivana and kurt.

MagMan5446
11-29-2003, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by KornKamp02
Yeah, I like Nirvana, I jsut think that they are way to overrated, like just recently I was watching the top 20 bands of all time and they were #1, which pissed me off.

Korn should be huh?:p

Yeah Nirvana's pretty cool, the new york stuff is some of the best

Rolling Stones always gets #1 on the countdowns I watch.

InfinatyBPS
11-29-2003, 04:01 AM
Originally posted by MagMan5446

Yeah Nirvana's pretty cool, the new york stuff is some of the best

Rolling Stones always gets #1 on the countdowns I watch.

Love the sig image... :D

MagMan5446
11-29-2003, 04:09 AM
pretty tight huh?

Methylphenidate
11-29-2003, 04:18 AM
i like Nirvana

jdev
11-29-2003, 07:35 AM
both I and my girlfriend are huge fans of nirvana. I am more a huge fan of kurt and dave than I am the entire band. but, suffice to say, I have all of their albums, and alot of bootleg stuff to boot.

nirvana is one of those bands, either you loved them, or hated them. there really was no middle ground.

KornKamp02
11-29-2003, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by MagMan5446
no, they shouldn't be #1, they were #20 I think, which still is better than what they should ahve gotten, why does everyone think I'm so obsessed with Korn? My god, they are just my favorite band, i hardly ever tlk about them....

Leroy717
11-29-2003, 12:56 PM
yes i like NIRVANA

WickeDKlowN
11-29-2003, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by KornKamp02
no, they shouldn't be #1, they were #20 I think, which still is better than what they should ahve gotten, why does everyone think I'm so obsessed with Korn? My god, they are just my favorite band, i hardly ever tlk about them....
Gee I wonder why...:confused: lol, possibly the same reason people think I'm obsessed with ICP?

Anyway, yea, I like Nirvana. Too bad Kurt had to go and blow his face off with a 20 gauge Winchester(IIRC)...

FactsOfLife
11-29-2003, 02:46 PM
Nirvana is OK, Cobain took the cowards way out.

Foo Fighters is a much better band.

jdev
11-29-2003, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by FactsOfLife

Foo Fighters is a much better band.

both of your points are debateable.. especially number one. ;)

i like foo fighters as well. i still like dave better as a drumer though :)

FactsOfLife
11-29-2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by joey d

both of your points are debateable.. especially number one. ;)

i like foo fighters as well. i still like dave better as a drumer though :)

Then by all means please debate point number one.

I've had two brother commit suicide in my life.

Cobain whatever his problems might have been, could have simply disappeared and lived the rest of his life in as much anonymity as he liked.

But instead he decided to eat a shotgun.

Instead of facing his problems he took the easy way out.

In my book that's a coward.

p8ntball1016
11-29-2003, 03:22 PM

Then by all means please debate point number one.

I've had two brother commit suicide in my life.

Cobain whatever his problems might have been, could have simply disappeared and lived the rest of his life in as much anonymity as he liked.

But instead he decided to eat a shotgun.

Instead of facing his problems he took the easy way out.

In my book that's a coward. i dont think he pulled the trigger.

Lopy-slopy
11-29-2003, 05:49 PM
There is alot of evidence to back that up. go to this (http://www.justiceforkurt.com/) site and judge for yourself, look at his "suiside" letter and judge for yourself, it looks VERY, suspisous.
And it would have been VERY hard or even imposible to just disapear and live a normal life, something he never had. Drug addiction and contracts do not just go away when ever you dont like them anymore. He wasn't even that rich anyways, and his only means of suport was his music. He had no other skills and he was a highschool dropout. How could he have lived a normal life?

p8ntball1016
11-29-2003, 05:52 PM
that site is my whole basis for my opinion. i had thought he committed suicide until i found that site.

Lopy-slopy
11-29-2003, 06:05 PM
look at this http://www.justiceforkurt.com/investigation/documents/note_scan.shtml

The only part where it says he's going to kill himself is written in totaly differnt hand writing than the rest of the note, doesnt that seem weird?

p8ntball1016
11-29-2003, 06:10 PM
its courtney's handwriting. not to mention he od'd on 3 times a lethal dose of heroin before he pulled the trigger.

FreakBaller12
11-29-2003, 06:16 PM
yea nirvana's alright, if a band was number one i'd have to go with the beatles
they had almost all good music and countless number one singles/albums

ramennoodles
11-29-2003, 09:59 PM

<rant>
I do not believe he commited suicide, i f you look at the evidence he had too much heroin in his system to pick up a shotgun at the time, and as has already been said the note is very suspicious, anyway, i think courtney did NOT do it, but rather paid someone too, she trys to act like all grunge princess and stuff but i don't think she really is i think its all a rouse or was at the time but due to her alchohol benges she eventually turned ehrself into what she had claimed to be, don't get me wrong, hole put out some good songs but i just absolutely cannot stand courtney love.</rant>

Rooster
11-29-2003, 10:09 PM
"I am more a huge fan of kurt and dave than I am the entire band."

LOL. Why don't you just say you don't like the european bass player?

ramennoodles
11-29-2003, 10:11 PM
he doesn't like to make fun of krist the retarded bass player(making light of the vma's when he tossed his bass and knocked himself out when it hit him in the head)

jdev
11-29-2003, 10:13 PM
actually, i naturally love the bass instrument. nothing against krist, i thought he was a good bassist for the band, he just didnt shine as much to me as did kurt and dave did.

nothing against the europeans, no need for you to turn it into that ;)

jdev
11-29-2003, 10:18 PM
also, on the note of those who believe suicide vs. murder..

there was a special done about kurts life by 2 videographers. I cannot at this time remember their names, nor the actual name of the special (i do believe it aired on of the "other" mtv channels, i want to say mtv2)

anyways, there was one part, where these 2 guys sought out someone to be believed that killed kurt. he admitted that courtney had tried to hire him, but did not commit the murder.

just food for thought. not everything adds up in kurts case.

;)

*edit*

though it is part of the bands history and relevant somewhat.. id like to not see this thread turn into a fight about whether kurt killed himself, or courtney killed him. we'll all be here debating for days ;)

Lopy-slopy
11-30-2003, 01:48 PM
That guy probibly was lieing, seeing as it is a good way to get publicity without getting in trouble. So many peolpe have tried to use his death to get publicity.

frost
11-30-2003, 02:44 PM
and if u disagree in any way shape or form korn rules 10 times more:p and if u agree with disagreeing same thing

ramennoodles
11-30-2003, 10:45 PM
lopy, el duce was not lying, he passed a lie detector test(given by the foremost lie detector operator in the world) with a 99.97% when asked if courtney had offered him 50,000 to do it he got "A Slightly less impressive 99.84%" Eight Days after that interview he was murdered, he came into his house (where his roommates saw him) with a stranger that he claimed to be his new friend and said they were going to the liquor store, he never returned, whitnesses found his mangled and crushed body on the train tracks where he had apparently been ran over by a train after passing out there while intoxicated. His roommates said that the best way to befriend him was to offer him a drink.

Muzikman
12-01-2003, 03:29 PM
I was never a huge fan, but I do have to give them credit. They changed the sound of music for all of the 90's. Something that not many bands can do. As a matter of fact, there hasn't been a band since. Many will argue that they were not the first with that "Seattle sound" but they were the first to bring it mainstream. The three chord (all of which are power cords) style of guitar are still heard in a lot of bands today. Are they the best band of all time...no, but they were the most influential band in the last 15 years.

Benfica4ever
12-01-2003, 03:42 PM
Yea I like them.

O YA TIME FOR A NIRVANA REVOLUTION!

Lopy-slopy
12-01-2003, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by ramennoodles
lopy, el duce was not lying, he passed a lie detector test(given by the foremost lie detector operator in the world) with a 99.97% when asked if courtney had offered him 50,000 to do it he got "A Slightly less impressive 99.84%" Eight Days after that interview he was murdered, he came into his house (where his roommates saw him) with a stranger that he claimed to be his new friend and said they were going to the liquor store, he never returned, whitnesses found his mangled and crushed body on the train tracks where he had apparently been ran over by a train after passing out there while intoxicated. His roommates said that the best way to befriend him was to offer him a drink.

Lie detectors can be fooled easily, if you know how, but realy, you can't realy beleave anything you hear surrounding his death, cuz their have been so many differnt conspiracy story's and people trying to get involved that it's almost imposible to tell fact from fiction.

ramennoodles
12-01-2003, 06:04 PM
lopy, if you can 'easily' fool a lie detector test, i will believe you, But there are some reasons i believe he is not lying:

1) "On March 6, 1996, Hoke was administered a polygraph test by Dr. Edward Gelb, who is one of the country's leading polygraph experts. He was also teaching the advanced polygraph course for the FBI. Hoke passed a lie detector test with 99.7% certainty that he was telling the truth."
-'JusticeForKurt' link (http://www.justiceforkurt.com/investigation/reasons.shtml)

2)"While...others believe Hoke was offered money by Courtney and was telling the truth about that, he did not personally, nor did he know who killed Kurt."
-'JusticeForKurt' link (http://www.justiceforkurt.com/investigation/reasons.shtml)

3) He had Nothing to gain from it but what earned, death-
"On April 19th 1997, eight days after having his story filmed by Broomfield, Hoke was found dead in Riverside, California by the California Highway Police. A source described the events as 'highly suspicious. He showed up at his house in Riverside with this guy who he introduced as his new friend none of his roommates had ever met before and said they were going out to the liquor store and would be back soon. He never returned. The 'friend' was never seen again and Hoke was found squashed on a railroad track, apparently hit by a train. Anybody who knew Hoke, according to his friends, knew that the best way to befriend him was to offer to buy him a drink. So the scenario is quite obvious.'"
-"JusticeForKurt" link (http://www.justiceforkurt.com/investigation/reasons.shtml)

Lopy-slopy
12-01-2003, 06:32 PM
Lie detectors arn't magical devices that read your mind, they messure your heart rate and other bodily fuctions. If you practise enough you can lie and not have your heart rate rise or anyother bodily reactions and the lie detector will read it as you telling the truth. Why do you think they are not alowed in the courts, they arn't accurate.

And like I said, the events surounding his death have been fogged with so much confusion it is very hard to tell what is the truth. I also think there is more to what happend than what is in the police record of the events, but you are getting all your info from one sorce, and it is a byast sorce. All I'm saying is don't belive everything you hear, a good writer can make anything sound real when it could all just be made up.