PDA

View Full Version : woah, this site has changed.....

slushee
11-28-2003, 11:43 PM
specifically ... refering to this thread

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=113536

now ... you and I both know that this is probably one of those stoopid threads that make no sense .. and we all know paintball is littered with thousands and thousands of kids who really make no sense themselves, but...

Shouldn't we have given the so called "guilty" a chance to at least give us an idea if there was a point? you know .... that whole "free speach" thing???

God knows I would rather tear my own toe nails out then to get in front of the moderators wrath here ... but WoW ... this message board has changed a lot from the fun times back 2-3 years ago .....

Just my $0.02 ...

PS ~ apparently the sites subscription to SpellChecker.net has expired?? Might wanna look into that..

cphilip
11-28-2003, 11:47 PM
Well see Slushee there are things you don't know about that particular poster and that thread. He was causing a ruckus over in Friendly at that same time. And he did that to annoy and that was all. So lets not jump to conclusions eh?

Stick around. There is no free speach rights here. We do the best we can. But sometimes you only see a snap shot of what happend. So gimme the benefit of the doubt if you don't really know alright? ;)

and welcome back!

PS we just decided not to pay for Spell Checker. Its a seperate company from the new software. Its button comes set up in here so that is still here. But we don't have it anymore. I miss it! :(

slushee
11-29-2003, 12:20 AM
That I understand .. I just see this kinda stuff a lot lately (I've been a member of this site a long time and never really left, just stopped posting) .. being one of the guy's who made the AO patches way back when! .. I just found this site can be harsher to people then it used to be! .. Not saying anything bad about moderators because it could very well be the members ...

anyhow .. on the flip side of the coin, there are some terrible message boards out there

I guess it all comes down to the fact that myself and those that I know who used to frequent these boards don't really come back here as often due to it not being as fun as it used to feel...

FalconGuy016
11-29-2003, 12:22 AM
I've actually noticed the boards becoming generally more lineant since the time I joined, which was after you 'left' though

but welcome back :)

Mag Master 04
11-29-2003, 12:23 AM
its the pbn crowd that is a blister on our heels...boo them

me cnot speel bekuz no speel chek...i also miss the spell check:p

MantisMag
11-29-2003, 12:39 AM
that damn thing took me three minutes to figure out what the title had to do with the post. the post seemed completely random. then after i had left it and started reading some other threads it suddenly dawned on me that by "ads" he meant ebay descriptions. ohhhhhhh. now it makes sense. it really belonged in friendly corner with a new title. but that would've been way too much effort for something so stupid. i don't blame phil for not wanting to waste the time trying to puzzle through that one.

jarley77
11-29-2003, 02:34 PM
i think that post was meant as a reply to another post about paintball ads. i think the person just accidently clicked new thread rather than new post. it was a accident we all have done it

jdev
11-29-2003, 02:53 PM
i havent.

im perfect, you aren't

:P

jarley77
11-29-2003, 03:43 PM
haha
wake up
stop dreaming

p8ntball1016
11-29-2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by cphilip
Well see Slushee there are things you don't know about that particular poster and that thread. He was causing a ruckus over in Friendly at that same time. And he did that to annoy and that was all. So lets not jump to conclusions eh?

Stick around. There is no free speach rights here. We do the best we can. But sometimes you only see a snap shot of what happend. So gimme the benefit of the doubt if you don't really know alright? ;)

and welcome back!

PS we just decided not to pay for Spell Checker. Its a seperate company from the new software. Its button comes set up in here so that is still here. But we don't have it anymore. I miss it! :( im also getting flamed because of that thread by certain people.

Trina
11-29-2003, 04:10 PM
Some people can get out of hand and this individual was given the right (about 3pgs) in another post to voice his opinion. He was making a lot of people angry with his comments and when it finally got out of hand, Phil did the right thing by closing that post. He was probably thinking this one was going the same direction.

I believe that AO is the most fun and friendly forum out there, so basically in order to keep it that way the moderators have no choice but to do things like that in order to keep it the great forum that AO is. :D

p8ntball1016
11-29-2003, 04:25 PM
i cant help but think that the mod staff is a little biased though.

taylor492
11-29-2003, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by p8ntball1016

i cant help but think that you've got too much time on your hands

FalconGuy016
11-29-2003, 04:55 PM

Biased against what? You? lol

p8ntball1016
11-29-2003, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by taylor492

i cant help but think that you've got too much time on your hands i do.

TransMan
11-29-2003, 05:09 PM
I think that to register as a member for AO you should have to take an IQ test and get atleast 110 or u cant become a member im sure that would stop a lot of thread locs and what not.

Also is it just me or do most of the dumb threads and posts done by members of the pie revolution :)

FalconGuy016
11-29-2003, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by TransMan
I think that to register as a member for AO you should have to take an IQ test and get atleast 110 or u cant become a member im sure that would stop a lot of thread locs and what not.

Also is it just me or do most of the dumb threads and posts done by members of the pie revolution :)

Well, yes, but you could also say that PIE rev takes up 75% of the active members on this board also :)

but I agree, they attract the ... special ones :)

p8ntball1016
11-29-2003, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by TransMan

Also is it just me or do most of the dumb threads and posts done by members of the pie revolution :) i have an iq of 142 and im still an idito.

TransMan
11-29-2003, 05:29 PM
as you have proven countless times through your posts....:rolleyes:

~WarpedRT#2~
11-29-2003, 07:24 PM
142 huh? Since when did the rest of the world start having IQs of 10,000? Idito? HAHAHAHAHAAH!!!

Special isnt the word for it. You idito!

p8ntball1016
11-29-2003, 07:27 PM
hey, im not the idito around here!

rdb123
11-29-2003, 11:47 PM

...maybe because your sig image doesn't follow the rules???