PDA

View Full Version : Level8

Evil1
11-29-2003, 02:41 AM
Was there ever such thing as a L8 mag? A guy I knew a few years ago said he had one and all of his internals were identical to my old L7, so I always thought he was just telling stories. When I got my EMag though the L8 subject never came up again. Wonder why?

Mossman
11-29-2003, 03:03 AM
they basically just skipped from level 7 to 10.

I think level 8 was the RT, level 9 the emag, something like that, but it was never advertised as that.

Basically 2 new guns came out after level 7, and level 10 was a big jump up and a nice sounding #, so that's what the AGD guys went with.

The guy is full of poop or misinformed, to put it plainly.

Evil1
11-29-2003, 03:22 AM
I go w/ you on the whole fullof poop thing. The guy always tried to one up everyone and just made himself sound ridiculous.

ß.C.
11-29-2003, 10:18 AM
I always thought the superbolt was level 8. Oh well I guess that makes me stupid :D

Python14
11-29-2003, 10:22 AM
If my understanding is right, Level 8 was the original RT classic valve and Level 9 was the Retrovalve (ie: RT pro, E-mag, and stand alone). And level 10 is ofcourse, our paint-loving friend.

sniper1rfa
11-29-2003, 10:56 AM
there was never a level 8 or nine, they just skipped to 10. We can go back and fill in the blanks, and say original RT is l8, and retro is L9, but it really isnt correct.

Kevmaster
11-29-2003, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by sniper1rfa
there was never a level 8 or nine, they just skipped to 10. We can go back and fill in the blanks, and say original RT is l8, and retro is L9, but it really isnt correct.

exactly. it works out nice in retrospect, however, its not really how it went down or how the name level 10 was created. AGD just thought that the new bolt kit was SOOO good, it deserved to jump levels 8 and 9.

Evil1
11-29-2003, 03:52 PM
The guy that said he had the L8 had the same exact gun as mine we both had old L7 automags he just insisted his was a L8 and this was before the superbolt even. This whole L8 thing was back in 95 or 96.

FalconGuy016
11-29-2003, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by AGDFlash
The guy that said he had the L8 had the same exact gun as mine we both had old L7 automags he just insisted his was a L8 and this was before the superbolt even. This whole L8 thing was back in 95 or 96.

He is stupid? Tom, quickly, post here so he can show this guy this thread :)

BajaBoy
11-29-2003, 07:36 PM
wasnt the 1st Euro Extreem emag Lvl9? had the lvl7 bol in it

Muzikman
11-29-2003, 07:41 PM
Actually Tom himself said that the RT and Retro Valve were 8 and 9 at the 2002 Ultimate Madness. So, as far as I am concerned, it's true:)

oldsoldier
11-29-2003, 08:18 PM
Muz, there was also a thread about a year ago too. He stated the same thing.

AGD
11-29-2003, 08:53 PM
Ok here is the story. In the early nineties we drilled the air passages in random positions from the reg to the valve body. On some valves the holes were 180 degrees apart and caused shootdown. Our guy in England drilled a bunch of holes so at least one would be close and people started calling that level 8.

We fixed that way back then and now the holes all line up so its no longer an issue. There never was L8 or L9 we just skipped to L10 so we wouldn't have any historical confusion with all this old crap.

AGD

p8ntball1016
11-29-2003, 08:58 PM
not to mention level 10 gets teh iditos saying wtf happened to lvl 8 and 9??

logamus
11-29-2003, 09:07 PM
was there ever a level 6?

p8ntball1016
11-29-2003, 09:12 PM
yes. the first level sold was 5. it is believed that any earlier versions were only experimental.

f3rr3+
11-29-2003, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Kevmaster

exactly. it works out nice in retrospect, however, its not really how it went down or how the name level 10 was created. AGD just thought that the new bolt kit was SOOO good, it deserved to jump levels 8 and 9.

Your all wrong... a couple of years back... (de do do! de do do! de do do!)

There was a giant battle in wyoming between the unicorns and the elves. The unicorns were on the good side, and the elves were on the bad side. Tom Kaye made speacial guns for the unicorns because they had no thumbs to hold guns with. He called the two types of guns the lvl 8, and the lvl 9. After the war, which the unicorns won, the unicorns decided they would live in 'mags bolt's to make choping paint a thing of the past, this was all to show thier gratitude to AGD. And the release version of the bolt was called the lvl 10, the superbolt.

And that, children, is why there are no lvl 8, or 9's released to the public, and we just have the lvl 10s.

:rolleyes:

EDIT: Dont let Tom fool you!! The random air passage thing is a cover up!!!

SSMercury
11-29-2003, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by f3rr3+

There was a giant battle in wyoming between the unicorns and the elves. The unicorns were on the good side, and the elves were on the bad side. Tom Kaye made speacial guns for the unicorns because they had no thumbs to hold guns with. He called the two types of guns the lvl 8, and the lvl 9. After the war, which the unicorns won, the unicorns decided they would live in 'mags bolt's to make choping paint a thing of the past, this was all to show thier gratitude to AGD. And the release version of the bolt was called the lvl 10, the superbolt.

And that, children, is why there are no lvl 8, or 9's released to the public, and we just have the lvl 10s.

OMG!!! I think I hurt myself. But I've got a question. Why Wyoming?

RobAGD
11-29-2003, 10:50 PM
Tom spends a lot of time there, under the coer of digging or fossil hunting.

Really is is just resin the contract with the Unicorns. Making offerings etc...

-R

SSMercury
11-29-2003, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by RobAGD
Tom spends a lot of time there, under the coer of digging or fossil hunting.

Really is is just resin the contract with the Unicorns. Making offerings etc...

-R

Oh yes, I remember now. Didn't remember that it was Wyoming though. I don't think I can stand more paleontology (I'm a geology student, but I actually prefer geophysics).

Evil1
11-30-2003, 01:31 AM
Who is stupid FalconGuy016?

tony3
11-30-2003, 01:44 AM

Really?

Beemer
11-30-2003, 04:23 AM
Originally posted by p8ntball1016

yes. the first level sold was 5. it is believed that any earlier versions were only experimental.

Ya it started with p3s but dont go there. It has something to do with the Princess of the Elves and a Panther.

logamus
11-30-2003, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by p8ntball1016

well when a guy on my team bought his first mag (way way back in the 90s) i could have sworn that he got a level 5 upgrade. meaning that when he bought it new it did not have level 5. i know he got a bolt upgrade for free because he went on an on about how great agd was and such. i quit playing shortly after that and when i bought my first mag last year it was level 7. i was just curious if there was any upgrades from level 5 to level 7.

Beemer
11-30-2003, 11:53 AM
Thats a valve history question. My memory is off some cause of to much beer back then.

I dont remember the order of this but the things that changed were the power tube tip. The power tube spring changed to a spacer. The bolt went foamieless. The reg spring pack changed in there somewhere maybe after the p3. But yes there was some changes, thats why the next level.

Interesting how the foamie bolt has made a come back in the LX

By the way F3RR3+,the unicorns and elves were working together in the war against the gnomes. They needed the help of the Druids and that is when they turned to the Wizard

Kevmaster
11-30-2003, 12:07 PM
AGD, you're going to have to give us the whole story....because we're going to bicker about it until you do

Beemer
11-30-2003, 12:34 PM
Whats to bicker about? The valve evolved for the better,that is all

Evil1
11-30-2003, 02:38 PM
Well said Beemer, but I agree w/ Kevmaster AGD should give us the whole story just to clear up any misinformation.

f3rr3+
11-30-2003, 09:42 PM
SSmercury: why not?

Tony3: yes really

kevmaster: i already did

Beemer: your thinking of the wrong war.

SSMercury
12-01-2003, 06:20 PM
SSmercury: why not?

Oh, I was just thinking California for some reason. Wyoming is...rather out there.