PDA

View Full Version : Tank psi settings

Evil1
11-29-2003, 02:50 AM
I noticed something a few weeks ago that raised a couple of concerns w/ my EMag. When in E mode the gun shoots best at between 550-650 psi with no shootdown at all, I also have the LX installed. In manual it shoots good at higher psi like 700- 950 psi. The problem is is that there is no in between pressure setting that works to my liking for both modes. Is this all normal or do I have something not right on my gun?

ChucktheMAGician
11-29-2003, 10:35 AM
Interesting observations. I usually use the Hydrid mode and not E or manual. Do you really use all shooting modes? I'd say pick the one you like, set your reg there, and go tear 'em up!:)

Cthulhu
11-29-2003, 12:49 PM
What happens in E mode that you dont' like @ 800PSI?

Evil1
11-29-2003, 04:06 PM
In E mode at 800psi every now and then it will not fire, but you can still hear the solenoid pulling, but anywhere from 550-700 it fires awesome in E mode with no shoot down at all. One question I have is that since I've had my EMAG I have never used hybrid mode what are the advatages/disadvantages?

Cthulhu
11-29-2003, 04:13 PM
Hybrid mode is a combination between electro and RT. The trigger pull of an electro with the kick back of the RT. Although it is banned on some fields that are strict with trigger bounce, most don't because they don't understand what hybrid mode is.

Advantage? It is VERY easy to sweetspot the triger and go "full auto".
Disadvantage? Rules...

Hope this helps

As far as not shooting @ 800PSI, I would start to question the strength of the solenoid. I don't know a lot about it, but I'm wondering if the rod is bent, or something is reducing the throw power of your solenoid. Maybe Tuna or BlackVCG could help me out on this one?

Evil1
11-30-2003, 01:20 AM
As far as the solenoid strength, I don't think thats the problem w/ my gun. At 800psi it only stopped shooting for like 10 shots then it started shooting again but w/ the pressure lower it has never done it and I'd just rather be safe than sorry. Also I've done my own testing And I don't think there is much difference between 650-800psi performance in E mode and the only down side of the lower pressure in manual mode is less trigger reactiveness but the trigger can still be pulled pretty fast w/ no shootdown. I've tried these tests w/ afew different EMags of different ages, models, and software w/ no difference between any of them.