PDA

View Full Version : mags and valves

camocj5
11-29-2003, 07:08 AM
I am prolly going to be trading my bko w/ups for a mag soon, what is the best combo that I should look for. I need this to be a fairly straight up trade. I know nothing of which valves are considered good, or better than others.
Thanks

Gadget
11-29-2003, 08:51 AM
'Best' valve is the X-valve as it's the lightest (all aluminium) and comes with level 10 (the anti-chop bolt setup) as standard.

Then you have the ReTro / RT-Pro / E-Mag valves. All three of these are the same except for the engraving (although if you're getting an E-Mag valve secondhand make sure you get the correct on/off pin - E-Mag on/off pins are a slightly different length). Stick a level 10 kit on any one of these and it's functionally identical to a X-Valve, it just weighs 3oz more (as it's half stainless/half aluminium).

The most basic valve is the original .68 Automag / classic valve. You can install level 10 on these as well, but they don't have the reactive trigger of the valves above, don't recharge as fast (so you can get some drop-off when firing fast) and are the heaviest of them all (completely stainless steel).

Avoid valves from the original RT (RT Pro valves are fine) as they are a differnet size to all other AGD valves and have a different gas path, so can only be used with RT rails/bodies/trigger frames.

Lohman446
11-29-2003, 08:53 AM
Valves, in order of considered value

Classic valve (most consider the more stars the better, 1 to 4 being free warranty repairs. A minimag valve is the same thing)

Retro valve - this is the reactive trigger valve that basically put mags back into the game. The RT is stainless steel and capable of nearly 30 BPS.

X valve. This is an aluminum version of the RT valve. X-valves come with level 10 (the other valves do not). Level 10 is nearly an essential upgrade to any other valve.

Frames
Assuming you are going to not be getting an electro mag look for an Intelliframe, AGDs double trigger frame it can be easily connected to a warp or revvie so they feed on every shot.

Bodies
Unless we are talking a Classic RT bodies are interchangeable. It is a matter of preference though most now look for the vertical feed ULE bodies with cocker threads.

Also note this though, the cost of everything is likely to get wobbled when the Tac One is released - it is going to be a top of the line mechanical mag (intelliframe, x-valve, special scenario body). It is also rumored (by TK)that it is going to sell factory direct in the $450 range.

68magOwner
11-29-2003, 09:43 AM
other frames,- Y grip, Z grip, benchmark (oh man do i love my Z grip)

also, classic RT's will be fine to get IF they already have a nice trigger frame, because you can upgrade it with level 10, X valve, and ULE body (but make shure you get the special RT X valve and ULE body is $300 for both directly from AGD) but trigger frames for them are preety hard to find so i would try to get one with a nice 1 already.\

and like Lohman446 said, wait for the tac-1 to come out, you may get a really good deal then