PDA

View Full Version : OMG This Viking is FAST!!!

TransMan
11-29-2003, 05:57 PM
just thought u guys might liek this:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=361344
I cant wait to get my 04 green viking and one of his triggers :D

Ov3rmind
11-29-2003, 06:22 PM
That Froth is a crazy guy. The vid needs to be higher quality though, you really couldn't tell what speed he was shooting.

68magOwner
11-29-2003, 06:23 PM
:eek:

TransMan
11-29-2003, 06:27 PM
Ya he needs to stop being so cheap and get a new camera and mic. May after everyone starts buying his froth triggers he will have enuf money to do so then again he prob wont anyways. :)

Benfica4ever
11-29-2003, 06:29 PM
:eek: Wow!
39 cps is just insane.

and do you just notice someone just HAD to say i can do better than that...:rolleyes:

ZAust
11-29-2003, 07:51 PM
the froth trigger i have seen looks very nice, but the only concern i would have is the quality control. i guess several of his triggers have come out with burs in the betal that have rendered them almost unusable. when he gets that straightened that out, he wil be golden.

Methylphenidate
11-29-2003, 07:56 PM
ya... um
thats insane

UltimatePaintballer
11-29-2003, 08:03 PM
haha funny video, "hey, look at this!" "yea thats it:D"

and then the gun, well i just hope sneaky can shoot that fast on the one hes getting :(

FreshmanBob
11-29-2003, 08:53 PM
Ahhhh makes me love my featherlite viking eeeven more

FragTek
11-29-2003, 09:35 PM
Yeah, um, well... yeah. I think I'll get me one of these, a Featherlite that is :)

TransMan
11-29-2003, 11:48 PM
HAHA YES!!! i have successfully converted two peeps to teh AKA cult (you and Sneaky) Now whos my next Viktom MuuAAHAhaHAHAHA!!! :D

FragTek
11-29-2003, 11:52 PM
lol @ transman :)

TheBigRaguPB4L
11-30-2003, 11:17 AM
oh please i can shoot faster than that on my stock mag.

TransMan
11-30-2003, 11:19 AM
Yup im sure Satan will be having snowball fights whenever that vid gets made :D

magking1971
11-30-2003, 11:44 AM
After I get my X on fri I will be looking at the Immortal (want one bad)!!

bunkermaster10
11-30-2003, 02:57 PM
WOW! :eek:. *Cough*thatguyisadork*Cough*

TransMan
11-30-2003, 03:34 PM
I would trade being the sexy stud i am (HAHA) to look liek a dork if i had those fingers :D

Ov3rmind
11-30-2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by bunkermaster10
WOW! :eek:. *Cough*thatguyisadork*Cough*
Sounds like someone is jealous.

bunkermaster10
11-30-2003, 03:41 PM
Right....(*austin powers*), I do want that marker though :). Gosh stop flaming me its just an opionion :o...lol

Prairie
11-30-2003, 05:45 PM
http://www.flagpull.com/AKA/lawn.wmv < yay bounce :-P

Army
11-30-2003, 09:23 PM
Again...another "claim" to speed.

He won't put up the sound graph that he admitted to being really bad, because of the crappy mic he used. This was also shot in a bedroom, which will produce horrendous echo for the crappy mic to hear. Then he admits to the sound graph being "one big boom"...yet he somehow counts out "actual" speeds anyway.....

Sorry, come back again when you can prove what you say. I am rarely impressed...this is not one of those times.

Cool plexiglass trigger though.

TransMan
11-30-2003, 10:32 PM
HATER!!!! :D j/k

I see your point and i really hope he prooves his self right but if it aint 40 i would guess its still above 30.

Armed & Harmless
12-01-2003, 12:35 AM
im not a hater. LoL but i gotta call BS. heres a sound clip of me raking 20 on my DYE trix LCD. its not quiet as fast as that viking. but very close. i seriously dont think hes getting anywhere near 40. :rolleyes:

www.teamblizzard.com/matrix1.wav
just right click, click save target as.

rx2
12-01-2003, 12:52 AM
I really don't care that much about which marker is the fastest, as I don't have anything invested in the outcome. However, as someone who works with audio every day, I can't help but complain about the terrible jobs some people do with recording. Really, to try and extrapolate data from that is stretching it quite a bit. Even "removing distortion" in his Cool Edit Pro is not worth a thing. I have literally thousands of dollars in software at my disposal, and I wouldn't trust the outcome I could get out of that clip anymore than I would of someone just trying to guess.

Furthermore, I have a gripe about all of these people calculating cps by merely taking what they perceive to be the shortest rest between two consecutive cycles, and then dividing one second by that figure. Again, I have the same software that they use in major studios, post-production mastering houses, etc, and I can tell you that it is still difficult to get a true figure by this means, unless you have a pristine waveform. When you are trying to measure peak to peak, you may think you are on the head, but when you really analyze it at sample resolution, you will find you are usually off by quite a bit. This isn't drastic, but it can add, or subtract, several cycles or more from your figure. I am sure that some of those who have done this method have caught on, and use this to their advantage by posting screen shots of what almost everyone thinks is accurate, but a few people, such as myself, know better.

That is quite fast, still. I have always liked those markers, and this is more reason to check one out. That is, after I buy more audio gear...

LeatherPants
12-01-2003, 12:59 AM
That wasn't bad. Though I love seeing paint shot fast more than vids of guys in their bedroom.

I just like seeing paint being shot consistently at 18+ because that's fun and expensive.

Armed & Harmless
12-01-2003, 12:59 AM
im going by what my LCD tells me. :)
again, backing up my previous statment, my LCD said 20. so i was probably shooting 18ish with a burst or 2 of 20. although his sounds (and is) faster than mine. is it really twice as fast?... not a chance. still extremly fast i might add. but not what he claims it to be.

Jack & Coke
12-01-2003, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by Army

He won't put up the sound graph that he admitted to being really bad, because of the crappy mic he used. This was also shot in a bedroom, which will produce horrendous echo for the crappy mic to hear. Then he admits to the sound graph being "one big boom"...yet he somehow counts out "actual" speeds anyway.....

Sorry, come back again when you can prove what you say. I am rarely impressed...this is not one of those times.

Originally posted by rx2
I really don't care that much about which marker is the fastest, as I don't have anything invested in the outcome. However, as someone who works with audio every day, I can't help but complain about the terrible jobs some people do with recording. Really, to try and extrapolate data from that is stretching it quite a bit. Even "removing distortion" in his Cool Edit Pro is not worth a thing. I have literally thousands of dollars in software at my disposal, and I wouldn't trust the outcome I could get out of that clip anymore than I would of someone just trying to guess.

Furthermore, I have a gripe about all of these people calculating cps by merely taking what they perceive to be the shortest rest between two consecutive cycles, and then dividing one second by that figure. Again, I have the same software that they use in major studios, post-production mastering houses, etc, and I can tell you that it is still difficult to get a true figure by this means, unless you have a pristine waveform. When you are trying to measure peak to peak, you may think you are on the head, but when you really analyze it at sample resolution, you will find you are usually off by quite a bit. This isn't drastic, but it can add, or subtract, several cycles or more from your figure. I am sure that some of those who have done this method have caught on, and use this to their advantage by posting screen shots of what almost everyone thinks is accurate, but a few people, such as myself, know better.

That is quite fast, still. I have always liked those markers, and this is more reason to check one out. That is, after I buy more audio gear...

Army and rx2 are correct!

Yes, the video of this viking is fast.

Just how fast?

No one can tell from this poor quality clip... :(

Prairie
12-01-2003, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Army

Just so you know, I make no claim at 40cps,

http://www.flagpull.com/AKA/lawn.wmv

That is 28cps, low of 25cps, high of 30cps.

CodeMA
12-01-2003, 03:28 PM
thats crazy reguardless, however I can still sweetspot my retromag with 850 output preset tank almost as fast as lawn bounce vid there...sounds very similar anyway...the last few bps sound wize is barely noticeable...and wont be in strings of paint eather ;)

Prairie
12-01-2003, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by CodeMA
thats crazy reguardless, however I can still sweetspot my retromag with 850 output preset tank almost as fast as lawn bounce vid there...sounds very similar anyway...the last few bps sound wize is barely noticeable...and wont be in strings of paint eather ;)

Your mag isn't that efficient...the tank started out at 700 psi :-P

CodeMA
12-01-2003, 06:26 PM
hey buddy, no one said anything about effency :D