PDA

View Full Version : reg seat question

phantomhitman
11-29-2003, 09:33 PM
Ok, i finally stripped my valve apart. I replaced all of my orings and little pieces (very technical term-i know). I put it back together, install the valve into the marker, air it up and what happens?! air out of the back of the blow off valve. so with all of the reading i have done that tells me the reg seat is not placed right (the things that slips over the spring loaded needle in the front half of the valve). so i take it apart, put the old one back in, reinstall it, air it up and.......it works! My question is this. In my parts kit, there are 2 reg seats (i think). I put a brand new one in and it just blows air out of the back. why is that? the old one looks like it is "formed" in a way to match both halves of the valve. I belive this "formed" look happened because it was shaped by being compressed between the 2 halves. The new ones I have are just new rubber seats. Perfectly circle, not molded or formed. So are the ones in the parts kit seats or another part altogether? Does the seat need to be lubed, or left in over night to conform to the shape of the internal of the valve? Thanks, as always, for any help.

phantomhitman
11-30-2003, 12:20 AM
i got an email saying some1 replied to this, what happened to the post?

phantomhitman
11-30-2003, 10:49 PM
um, some1 has to be able to answer this very simple question. please :D

Tunaman
11-30-2003, 11:18 PM
The seat is tapered. Make sure it snaps in with the larger end towards the back of the reg body. Your blowoff out the back is usually caused by over pressure. Try turning down the velocity or replacing the reg piston oring or reg piston assy. A drop of oil on the sat before assembly is ok. Dont separate the halves again or you will need to change the seat again. Hope this helps.;)

phantomhitman
11-30-2003, 11:35 PM
thank you very much tuna!