PDA

View Full Version : new feed design

i heart my mag
11-29-2003, 10:24 PM
i dunno whether this belongs here or in deep blue so mods feel free to move as u wish.

this is kind of just a random thought and feel free to tear it to shreds or totally change it around till it works. i was just sittin here and a very basic idea popped in2 my head. i havent hardly thought about any kinks or anything yet i just wanted 2 get it written down.

what about a sort of gated feed powered by a ram where theres a sort of "L" junction. the ball will roll in from the side of the L (from the right) and there is a ram sitting at the bottom of the 90* bend in the L and the ball sits on top of it and when the gun is fired, the ram slams upwards and pushes the ball straight up (just before the ram moves some sort of gate (if a gate is necessary at all, i dunno) opens to allow the ball to pass thru and in2 the chamber. i dunno if this would b way to complicated or what difference it would make but maybe theres some1 who can take this idea and run w/ it.
l8r

nato
11-30-2003, 01:33 PM
I think this idea is somewhat irrelivant... just because it would load paintballs just as good if not worse than how powerfeeds function right now. Just a lot more crap to worry about. If you could think of a way where it is somewhat like a turbo kit for any hopper that you slap on the marker and it boosts the bps feeding rate, then you got something. Otherwise I'd say good job with turning those knobs in your brain but I think its a bit much. ;)

N.A.T.O.

redlaser666
12-01-2003, 08:25 PM
Look at the Evil Omen, it uses an idea similar to yours. Instead of a ram it uses plastic reeds to push a ball in the chamber as soon as it opens. The only problem is that if it isn't tuned right it can lead to ball chopping.