PDA

View Full Version : Newest member of the X-mag club!

Steelrat
11-29-2003, 10:29 PM
http://members.dslextreme.com/users/mcalhaney/images/xmag.JPG

Halliday
11-29-2003, 10:36 PM
Very sweet.

Ov3rmind
11-29-2003, 10:56 PM
Simply beautiful. Could you do a comparison with your Viking anytime soon?

sps16
11-29-2003, 10:59 PM
uhhhohhh so very pretty, looking forward to seeing it in person

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
11-29-2003, 10:59 PM
wuts the serial #?

headcase
11-29-2003, 11:04 PM
Both the X-mag and the Viking are great markers.

When the Viking is set up with the eyes, the chances of either chopping a ball are slim to none. Both will cycle faster than is necessary. Both my Vikings have been more constant than any my my E/X-mags. As well as having much better efficency. The X-mag does have a lower profile.

What do I like better? I currently have a PBX Viking. But I am in the process of assembling the parts for a new E-mag project that will offer everything a X does except for the removable breaches(which I don't use anyway.)

They both are great markers, and I wouldn't sell/trade either for the other again.(I sold my Immortal to get my X, and then sold my X and used some of the money to get my PBX)

MantisMag
11-29-2003, 11:05 PM
wow that's purty! and nice job with the pic. good lighting, nice backdrop. two thumbs up!

Steelrat
11-29-2003, 11:09 PM
Serial number 392.

Overmind, id do that, but my viking was traded for the X. It was an opportunity I could not pass up. However, I have already set in motion my plan for obtaining an 04 viking, possibly an immortal or featherlight. I expect to have it soon. There are great deals to be had on used ones too :D

Impressions so far: I seriously do not expect the X to be faster than the viking, but I expect to do well with it. I believe that the xmag trigger, like the eblade trigger, demands a different walking style than the viking. I learned to use my fingertips on the eblade trigger, and trying that same technique on the xmag seems to work well.

Believe it or not, the X seems larger than the viking. It is also MUCH better looking, but the viking was always about performance over looks.

What I do like about the X is its low profile and overall feel. Honestly, I would have kept all three (X, eblade, and the viking) but that is a bit too extravagent for my playing abilities, so I had to decide on two.

Steelrat
11-29-2003, 11:14 PM
That color would be "pewter" which seems to be partway between black and silver. It also seems to have a bluish tint to it.

I guess we needed the X. SoCal has, what, 5 X-mags? We gotta stop slacking off up here.

sps16
11-29-2003, 11:30 PM
aw but we do have the kimera sfl aswell

Steelrat
11-29-2003, 11:33 PM
Yes we do, and that one is worth at least 2 X-mags! I just need to school Z-man on how to shoot these things while actually moving your fingers.

LittlePaintballBoy
11-29-2003, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by Steelrat
That color would be "pewter" which seems to be partway between black and silver. It also seems to have a bluish tint to it.

I guess we needed the X. SoCal has, what, 5 X-mags? We gotta stop slacking off up here.

Slacking off? I can only mow so many lawns there Ryan:D Man, I didn't know you actually TRADED the Viking for the X, that was a killer deal though, did you have to add cash? And SoCal, we have an SFL, which is rarer than any X Mag so blah!:p

LittlePaintballBoy
11-29-2003, 11:36 PM
Ope, posted while I was posting. Hey guys, is it just me or are none of the NorCal sigs showing up, they are just Red X's for me:confused:

Steelrat
11-29-2003, 11:38 PM
Well, there are always more vikings to be had, especially with the new 04 vikings out ;) X-mags are few and far between. And this one is only a month or so old, with CnC battery pack, and the nice X-mag valve. Its also in fantastic condition, with about 2k shots.

Trust me though, there WILL be another viking in my hands SOON! Remember, the eblade already sold :D

LittlePaintballBoy
11-29-2003, 11:40 PM
Ahhhh, yes, the vikings are nice, and I can't wait to see your next one, like a featherlight or a Immortal, mmmmm, immortall.:p

sps16
11-29-2003, 11:45 PM
mmmm immortal

Tobe2be
11-29-2003, 11:50 PM
well if i can get everything in place i mihgt be able to go to this Norcal vs Socal meet. im currently speaking to my aunt to see if she gives me the flight and if i go that would be 3 x mags on the feild i would bring the one out of 3 SEAO Xmag (Shark Attack). hopefully should be in on monday/tuesday

ZAust
11-30-2003, 12:16 AM
very, VERY nice ryan. and nice photography! the bed sheet reminds me of the red velvet.

and ryan and chris already know, but there is another...;)

Z-man
11-30-2003, 12:44 AM
YAY!!! We have more godly instument with which to smaite those who oppose us!!!

What does that put the NorCal group at?

2 Xmags
1 SFL Emag
4-5 Emags
and countless numbers of Mech Mags including a Rouge Mag!

and to think that like 70% of all that got bought in that last 6 months...

Big_Chops
11-30-2003, 01:26 AM
all i have to say is sweet

Methylphenidate
11-30-2003, 05:47 AM
berry berry
nice

Clare
11-30-2003, 05:55 AM
Welcome to the club! Very nice color :)

1stdeadeye
11-30-2003, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by Tobe2be
well if i can get everything in place i mihgt be able to go to this Norcal vs Socal meet. im currently speaking to my aunt to see if she gives me the flight and if i go that would be 3 x mags on the feild i would bring the one out of 3 SEAO Xmag (Shark Attack). hopefully should be in on monday/tuesday

You bought it?

Congrats and welcome to the club!

I guess that means no more fat lips for you? ;)

68Classic
11-30-2003, 08:52 AM
Very sweet. I wish I had an x-mag.