PDA

View Full Version : I am Torn!

JoyInTheMadness
11-30-2003, 12:05 PM
Argh, okay here is the low down. I am currently going to pick up a ULE E-mag with an x-valve and a LvL 10 bolt. But I am concerned about one thing. I play Tournies... lots of tournies. And in tourny ball you shoot brittle paint. My concern is that I will have a problem with the LvL 10 (configuring it and such) and all it will do is blend paint, I can't not afford this to happen.

So just to look, I go into the local pro-shop and shoot 3 markers, an E-Bladed Aftershock Cocker, A Lasoya Timmy, and a Dye Matrix, and I fell in love with the Dye Trix.

Basically I am asking for advice and feed back.

E-Mag Vs. The Dye Matrix, Round 1, Fight

personman
11-30-2003, 12:09 PM
The LX will NOT have any problems, if you set it up right. Once it breaks in it will be all fun and games! If it blends paint then you dont have the right setup. I dont even think LX with the WRONG setup can blend paint :p

JoyInTheMadness
11-30-2003, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by personman
[B if you set it up right. [/B]

I don't know how to set it up.

personman
11-30-2003, 12:15 PM
http://www.automags.org/resource/level10/index.shtml
There are detailed and long, as well as short instructions on that page. It also explains how LX works.

Steelrat
11-30-2003, 12:19 PM
Shoot whatever makes you happiest. I prefer a good ACE system over Level 10, but if its tuned properly it'll work well. Its also a good idea to get a hopper you wont outrun, like a Halo.

Tobe2be
11-30-2003, 12:38 PM
steelrat said he like the ace but he went and got himself a xmag. lol cant go wrong with both.

Steelrat
11-30-2003, 12:45 PM
heh, though the ACE in the X has been a bit, uh, problematic it seems. I also prefer a break beam ace to an IR one. However, level 10+IR ACE+Halo should = no chops ;)

magman007
11-30-2003, 02:21 PM
listen up, your worried about shooting brittle paint arent you? so that would mean bolt force would have an effect on the paint. so it wont break the ball, but it could crack it as it goes down the barrel after the bolt hits it.

Little word of wisdom... LX is softer than a properly set up trix, how do i know? lets just say, i would put my tongue in my old sfl, and there wasnt a chance is hell id do it with my trix.

LX is easy as pie to setup, and it doesnt chop

ramennoodles
11-30-2003, 02:29 PM
anyone else think that the title was "I Am Tom" meh, anyway, i'd go with the lvl10

RetroEclipseMan
11-30-2003, 03:35 PM
I'd definately go with the Emag with LX not to mention there's a whole lot less matinence(sp??) to do with the emag than your other choices and the Level 10 is not that hard to set up, and once you do you shouldn't have to touch it for a very long time. And don't worry about brittle paint being a problem, you can set the Lvl 10 as soft as you want. When I first set mine up with the long spring it was so soft it would stop on a that was just sitting in the breech.

trevorjk
11-30-2003, 03:45 PM
i have shot about 2 cases of hellfire to break in my lx and havent broke one ball with my lx... of course i cant shoot as fast as an electro but it was with the shortest spring at 250fps