PDA

View Full Version : should I buy a mag???

fancynapkin
11-30-2003, 06:02 PM
I am seriously low on cash, the only real money I have for a new gun is the money I get from selling my tippmann, which is about 200$.

the gun I really want is a 2k3 bushmaster, but that is out of my range, and I have always loved the feel of an automag. I am starting to play tournaments quite a bit, and my tippmann aint cutting it in terms of consistancy and accuarcy (and size). the other gun in my price range is a cocker (gasp). I am just afraid of the all the maitenence and size. All I really want is consitancy and a decent ROF, can a used mag provide this? I can always uprgade down the line, but I know that a mag's consitancy is knid of set in stone...

maybe I should just buy a cocker??

p8ntball1016
11-30-2003, 06:06 PM
get a used mag. youll be making a good choice.

Passed Out Pimp
11-30-2003, 06:22 PM
I was just in your position and I chose the mag. Now I love it. Go for the mag bud.

srrdude
11-30-2003, 06:44 PM
Absolutely not.

Seriously though.. your asking the wrong people... tid bit of bias perhaps?

RenagadeOfFunk
11-30-2003, 06:49 PM
Yes... buy mine ;)

Big_Chops
11-30-2003, 07:21 PM
yea your best bet is a mag. going from a tippy to a cocker is a pain in the arse. high maitenance.and you could never go wrong with a mag:D and you could pick one up used fairly cheap

fancynapkin
11-30-2003, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by srrdude
Absolutely not.

Seriously though.. your asking the wrong people... tid bit of bias perhaps?

yeah but automag owners are alot better then say impulse owners (stubborn bastrads)

p8ntball1016
11-30-2003, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by srrdude
Absolutely not.

Seriously though.. your asking the wrong people... tid bit of bias perhaps? silence infidel.

golfy1486
11-30-2003, 08:19 PM
should u buy a mag, u mean y shouldnt u buy a mag lol

jarley77
11-30-2003, 08:25 PM
mag is definately the way you want to go if you dont want to constantly work on your gun. i have heard nothing but high maintence on cockers so a mag is definately your best bet. :D

lew
11-30-2003, 08:26 PM
The Cocker resale market is way down, meaning you can find some really awesome deals. Bad for the seller, good for the consumer.
I love Cockers and Mags, but they are two totally different guns. Mags=simple and reliable. Cockers are inherently reliable and are nice to tinker with, but if you don't know what you are doing, it can give you a headache. They are easy to learn, though.
If I had the money, I'd pick up a Mag, but I don't.
In response to your question, yes. Try them out first if you can.

Splat
12-01-2003, 01:11 AM
Definatly buy a mag... you can find pretty cheap ones that people are willing to sell on this website... even on ebay you can find some good deals.

Cockers are too complicated maitenance wise... i can COMPLETELY take apart my mag, put it back together and NOT needs some mechanical engineer to work on it so it shoots...

tyrion2323
12-01-2003, 01:22 AM
I definitely think that purchasing a mag is a great deal! I still use mine, and I've had it for a long time. There are a few options that you have. You could purchase (I recommend via the forums or ebay) a decent 'mag [p/f body, stock rail, classic valve with LX, etc.) or you can save up a little bit more and purchase a more expensive marker.

I would recommend a mag, definitely, but some other low-cost options include the Psycho Ballistics Lightning cocker. I've shot it, and I'm very impressed! It's VERY light, and the trigger feels great (at least to me)

If you like ICD, the BKO is only about $260 on paintballgear.com, and it had gotten some very good reviews from PGI and PB2X.

=)

Jacob

Athius
12-01-2003, 01:39 AM
Buy a BKO if u are gonna play all the time tournies or buy the mag if u are gonna use it for rec ball.

spore 283
12-01-2003, 04:56 AM
listen dude i'll tell you the truth i play with an old school rt with lvl 10 and a warp. it is the most dependable gun i have ever played with. i play in all kinds of events all over and my gun never lets me down. i don't chop paint ever,balls always fly straight, and the gun always works. all in all it comes down to personal preference.

GOOD LUCK,
CHESTER AGD LION-KID

*ArKfEaR*
12-01-2003, 03:50 PM
NO.

:D

FragTek
12-01-2003, 03:53 PM
Get the mag, it'll never let you down...

And hey, if you end up not liking it for some reason, trade it or sell it for a cocker if you wanna go down that road.

My 2nd favorite types of guns are cockers, love them to death, so either choice you make I think would be a good one!