PDA

View Full Version : 04 viking vs. impy

triggerman
11-30-2003, 07:09 PM
I am thinking about getting a 04 imortal viking. how do they shoot in comparison to a high end impy? do they have more kick less kick quieter nosier more efficent less efficent? give me the low down

wobbles82
11-30-2003, 08:13 PM
*Rubs hands together* Yes, another Viking almost sold, im loving it, haha. I say this because they are INCREDIBLE markers, and in comparison to any high end Impulse I would take ANY Viking in a split second. The Viking will be much more efficient, yes you can have Impulses set quite nicely on air, but nothing like a Viking. Can you say 68/45=2000 shots average once the LPR is broken in? As for kick, they are probably about the same, the Viking and high end Impulse shoot very nicely, so your about equal here, believe me you will have no problems with the Viking being accurate, its dead on. Noisewise, you can set an Impulses dwell to give that low gas effect of a Matrix but lose efficiency for it, otherwise an Impulse gives a nice old cracking sound for the most part. Vikings usually give a very low woosh in my experience, heck, why do you think they come stick with a nearly unported barrel?? ;) Other small notes is that the eye and board setup for the Viking is much better than an Impulse as of now, the Vision is really uncomparable to the WAS board and eyes. In the end....Viking wins, hands down. :D

FreshmanBob
11-30-2003, 08:18 PM
Vikings are muuuch nicer, less maintence, better design, fewer things can go wrong, more efficent, faster and they come stock with WAS and it takes 50 bucks to get the eyes and covers. Also, the 04's have a lot of nice little features, like double detentes, smoother ram, they're lighter and smaller, and the immortal milling is really nice.

Ryknow
11-30-2003, 08:19 PM
buy the viking or I will personally come to your door and [cartmen voice] kick you in the nuts![/cartmen voice]

03vert
11-30-2003, 09:14 PM
ive heard GREAT things about vikings. my friend's got a imp and im not very impressed.

FragTek
11-30-2003, 09:19 PM
Impy's just arent impressive markers. Unless to you impressive means breaking down at least 5 times a day, hellish recoil, and uber-noisy.... It's just another Smart Parts flaw. I've owned 2 (/me kicks self in nuts) and they both sucked, I had a Cricketed Nasty and a Cricketed Toxic, both had all ND components and were as nice as an Impy gets. They both in fact licked balls.

Now, the Viking on the other hand, MUAHAHAHAHHAAH! One of the sickest markers of all time. Uber low-pressure, great styling, lightweight (compared to most other guns), insanely fast, and are pretty decent in regards to recoil and noise. The Featherlite is what I would be looking at if I were you, yet the Immortal is pretty pimp too, I love the milling!

There ya have it, my $.02.

TransMan
11-30-2003, 10:51 PM
Viking for all the reason said above i really cant add much more they pretty much covered it all.

Oh ya Vikings are FAST!!

GT
12-01-2003, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by triggerman
04 viking vs. impy

This is a joke right?

FragTek
12-01-2003, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by gtrsi

This is a joke right?

How much I wish it was... There really is no reason for this post, hehe. I thought that everyone knew that Vikings were better than Impy's, aren't you born with that instinct? lol.

fancynapkin
12-01-2003, 06:58 PM
I hate shoeboxes.

Ryknow
12-01-2003, 07:10 PM
and the hate you. To bad a destructive Viking weighs less than a x-mag huh?

Leroy717
12-01-2003, 10:16 PM
viking, no contest

triggerman
12-01-2003, 10:38 PM
well with a threat like getting kicked in the nuts I guess I have no choise but to get the viking.

But now every one which is your favorite(viking)? Give all personal opinions and the reasons why.....please

FreshmanBob
12-01-2003, 10:45 PM
All the custom vikings are the same internally, you just have to decide what milling and color YOU like. I dig my featherlite milling, but the immortals nice too.

FragTek
12-01-2003, 10:46 PM
The featherlite is my personal favorite, because of its weight, and its sheer dead sexiness. Completely off the hook mill job!

Ov3rmind
12-01-2003, 10:52 PM
My favorite milling options are the Featherlite, Destructive, and plain. IMO, the Destructive is the best looking one, and I think the lightest by a tad.

FragTek
12-01-2003, 10:55 PM
I think a Featherlite, Destructive, or Immortal would actually be something I would trade my E-Mag for... I think those 2 guns are the only ones that I would own... Vikings and Mags... Well, and cockers too because I grew up with a cocker and loved it to death :D

Ryknow
12-01-2003, 11:02 PM
Destructive and and AKA half-mill. I think they look they best, either of them with a red/black combo of some sort.

speedyejl
12-01-2003, 11:27 PM
Not to come up with the only counter arguement, but here it goes.

I owned a Vision Nasty with everything in it. It was great, better than my Xmag, honestly.

Air wise- I was getting 1400 off my 45/45, thats 2100 off a 68/45. I had a Titanium hammer, NDZ RIP Valve, and an LPR, which was really did wonders. About the same as a Viking, depends how finely you tune it for both.

Kick- Not noticable, my bolt preassure was at 45psi. Thats lower than most vikings I've seen. It reliably pinched paint if the vision missed a beat (I had to play a 10hour scenerio game with a 200ct hopper, not one broken ball). It was gentler than my LX on the short spring just to note, the short spring is a little rough though. My friends Viking which isn't WAS'd bounces most the time but if you nail a ball twice in a row its chopped.

Accuracy- The MaxFlow is a great regulator, I also had a Micro Rock on mine, the combonation made for dead on shots. The Sidewinder and SCM are great regs as well though, I'm using both on my NYX, haha.

Also it should be noted that they have the same design and similiar issuses with infrequent maintaince causing FSDO. This gives them similar performance charateristics. Vikings will tend to be a little cheaper than an Impulse but the Rats are alot of bang for your buck. Impulses also might be a tad bit taller, maybe heavier as well depends on the Impulse.

O yea, Impulse can also look much better, haha. Mine was a pimp dope canning machine!

http://www.digitalpose.com/mbr/1/17323/p/383238_3010751177036264549_vl.jpg

tony3
12-01-2003, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by wobbles82
heck, why do you think they come stick with a nearly unported barrel?? ;)

I think because aka wants to squeeze every once of efficency out of them

speedyejl
12-01-2003, 11:53 PM
Tony I think your right on that, anyhow it seems to do the job most the time but more porting is always safer and better for performance and accuracy.

Marek
12-02-2003, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by Ryknow
Destructive and and AKA half-mill. I think they look they best, either of them with a red/black combo of some sort.

Who makes Destructive Vikings? Any more info to share?

FragTek
12-02-2003, 12:10 AM
I guess the most info on them can be found on PBN (I know, I know.... sinner, lol). May check over there :D

Marek
12-02-2003, 12:13 AM
You mean, go over there alone....? :D

RtDaNiMaL
12-02-2003, 12:18 AM
one of my good friends has the impulse and he has only had it for two weeks and played with it three times and two of those time something went wrong. i know steerrat had a viking and he was very impressed with it and the quality of the gun. i hope u pick the viking

magmonkey
12-02-2003, 08:55 PM
we make the Destructive Vikings,
What would you like to know?

triggerman
12-02-2003, 09:49 PM
where can I buy one. and it looks like a 2 tube body as aposed to a 3 tubed or am I just retarted?

magmonkey
12-02-2003, 09:56 PM
email us at info@destructivecustoms.com