PDA

View Full Version : xmag electronics don't work!

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
11-30-2003, 07:47 PM
at the field today my mechanical mode worked fine but the electronics didn't. the battery was fully charged, the safety was off, the ace was off, and everything was fine. Only the electronics won't fire the gun. the led screen worked and everything but i have no clue why it won't fire.

ChucktheMAGician
11-30-2003, 10:32 PM
Have you tried backing the magnet out a bit and restarting it?

Dayspring
11-30-2003, 10:39 PM
Did you turn the gun on? (Just checkin')

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
11-30-2003, 10:55 PM
yes the gun was on and everything.

chuck - which magnet? the one above the trigger or in the trigger...and by restart if you mean just turning it off and back on than yes i have tried that.

The electronics work in the hybrid mode. i just can't figure out why it isn't firing in just electric mode

Dayspring
11-30-2003, 11:27 PM
Now, be sure that when you say it works in hybrid, that it's the electronics firing the gun and not you pulling the trigger until you push the trigger pin yourself.

Easy way to tell is to turn it on and put it in Hybrid. Start pulling the trigger. If it fires before the trigger hits the pin, then there's something funky in E. (Might be too tightly tuned and the magnet won't trigger the HES).

If you have to pull all the way back for it to fire, then there's an issue with the HES/Board.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
11-30-2003, 11:36 PM
ok i sorta figured out the electronics...only i ran into another problem. when i was adjusting the trigger pull i somehow touched the safety and a spring came out of a small hole under the safety. it was bent a little but so i took some plyers and bent it back into shape and put it back in. now my safety doesn't work. i took apart the trigger frame and i can't figure out how to get to that spring.

redlaser666
12-01-2003, 05:00 PM
Your safety is missing the ball, when the spring poped out it probably sent the ball flying and you didnt see it. look around where you were working for a small metal ball (the same diameter as the sping)

The ball goes on top of the spring and is what keeps the safety in position.

Good luck!

Big_Chops
12-01-2003, 05:41 PM
good luck on finding the ball. i lost mine it took so many hours to find it. but of course my room was dirty.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
12-01-2003, 08:04 PM
yea but...then how do i get that ball back in?

Steelrat
12-01-2003, 09:14 PM
Nice and handy tool for figuring out how things go together:

http://www.airgun.com/downloads/emagexploded.pdf

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
12-01-2003, 11:51 PM
ok after a few hours i finally got the ball back in and the safety working. i had to cut the spring a little bit though just to get it to go in without pushing the ball out that i couldnt get it in.

thx for the help everyone.

Big_Chops
12-02-2003, 12:47 AM
err i just posted in your thread about the safety. i enver cut my spring when this happened to me

Outlaw5
12-02-2003, 12:36 PM
Something to check is (on the X-Mag only-ACE) to ensure you set the ACE correctly. My friends X-Mag didn't work at first after I had Rob flash it with 3.2. I believe when the board was flashed the setting on the ACE was reset. Go through the proceedures on setting the ACE. Could be what it is. Good Luck:D

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
12-02-2003, 04:54 PM
i never did fire my marker on electronic with air yet. so i'm not sure if i fixed it.