PDA

View Full Version : Emag/Xmag Safety Switch Problem

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
11-30-2003, 11:58 PM
ok the ball somehow popped out of my safety. my real problem is getting the ball back in. the safety switch won't move far enough for me to put the ball back in, and it won't move forward for some reason for the safety to work. HOW TO I FIX THIS?!

Big_Chops
12-02-2003, 12:43 AM
mine did the same thing. i used a small allen wrench.(very small) i put the safety in and the ball on the spring.pushed the ball down and the allen wrench to the side of the ball where i could slide the safety back in place.i dunno if this helps. my directions sound harder than is actually is

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
12-02-2003, 04:56 PM
i tried that but my spring was too deformed to just push down. i had to cut it a little bit and then shove the ball down there. my safety works fine now but i have a feeling i'm going to have to replace the spring in the future.

ICOM
12-03-2003, 10:29 PM
at least your safety works :\

rikkter
12-04-2003, 01:18 PM
my safety was a pain to me.
it would easily turn on, but holy god was it hard to turn off. i'm out on the field with someones pocket tool thing and whacking on it.
finally it came loose, and when i got home, took a damn dremel to one side of it, now it works perfectly

but whenever you order something on AGD's site, just throw in some of those springs.

sneakyhacker420
12-05-2003, 02:13 AM
my safety got jammed in the frame and no hammer could coax it out of its place... finally took my dremel and carbon fiber cutting wheel and cut that sucker out... wham! no more safety... thats the end of that :D

i hated the safety... never used it anyways... but my jackarse friend had to put it on safe and got it jammed in there :mad:

IMO... E-Mag manual safety sucks... i just use the yellow pin ;)