PDA

View Full Version : Who can mill out a Retro valve to take ULT?

a_malfunction
12-01-2003, 01:52 PM
Im looking to get the ULT for my older microRT. It has the RT valve that can accept the ULT if milled properly. I was wondering If anyone here could tell me of a business/person who can do this properly. Thanks!

cphilip
12-01-2003, 01:55 PM
Check dealers forum. One place is posted there....

Gunga
12-01-2003, 02:33 PM
BradAGD can do it...he works at Paintball Maxx (http://www.paintballmaxx.com) in Houston. I've got no idea who the guy listed in the Dealer Forum is.

cphilip
12-01-2003, 02:57 PM
Yea... I don't know him either... But Jon posted it so I figured he must know him? I dunno...

But I do know Brad and he do good work.

BlackVCG
12-01-2003, 04:20 PM
I know the guys (sort of) that are listed in the dealer's forum. A bunch of those guys shoot RTs and they drilled a few of them for the ULT. Haven't seen the work first hand, but it's not that hard of an operation for someone with decent machining skills and the proper equipment.

Wynken
12-01-2003, 04:51 PM
To add to that... The guy who actually does the machining is the same guy who makes the Full Boar products for Tippman's markers. I can't directly vouch for his machining valves, but I own a Full Boar Shadow, and it's very well made.

a_malfunction
12-01-2003, 07:16 PM
Thanks guys!

Joni
02-26-2004, 05:18 PM
I have never used a ULT, but considering that the retro has exactly the same function as the X-Valve I doubt there will be any difference.

Fred
02-26-2004, 09:49 PM
people from Holland are called Danes... or Danish... but not of the Cheezy variety...

Brad charges $15 plus return shipping... my retro will be on the way to him pretty soon...

(I wanna say he charges $50 for the ULT kit)

---Fred

kenndogg
02-27-2004, 01:19 AM
I'm sending mine to him on Monday.

slushee
02-27-2004, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by Y-Grip
when you get your ReTro ULT back from Brad let me know the total cost and how it performs. I want to know if it's really worth the upgrade and if the reactivity is still there.

Got my RTPro Valve back from BradAGD and the ULT has almost no reactivity left in it. The marker fires almost as soon as you even look at the trigger .. it feels really nice! .. Quite honestly, i didn't see much difference between the ULT with dye grip AND my hyperframe. Only reason i'm now using hyperframe is cuz i spent so bloody much on it :(

Had I known, i would have gotten the ULT only.