PDA

View Full Version : Just got my Speed today...

magman007
12-01-2003, 04:44 PM
Yes, well as some of you may know, i traded away my toxic matrix, for a wdp angel speed. So far i couldnt be happier!

First off, il admit it, the presentation was amazing, you open this box, to find everything neetly placed, and sitting there ever so dearly.

Then, i pulled it al out, and threw it together. I must say, it ballences nicely, and with the space frame, i find my self just rocking the rail, instead of using my old shocktech long drop that i had found was almost necessary for my big 88 stubb tank on a regular 45 frame.

Im noticing, that this marker is nice and light as well, and rather simple in most respects.

Now, ive still gotta send her down to Tag to make sure she is in perfect working order, since well, it is a used gun, i dint want to shoot it unless it is in tip top shape.

Also, ive gotta find a sticker to cover this one scratch!

On another thought, the trigger is great. Im loving this opto board, and i still havnt adjusted the trigger from the previous owners settings, altho, it could be made a lil shorter :)

so far, im impressed. Its a hot marker, and it diserves to be recognized. Ive shot 2k3 shockers, and i cant see why dynasty would ever want to leave wdp... except for the money :)

wobbles82
12-01-2003, 04:53 PM
Very Nice! Yes Speeds really are nice markers, some people really burn them for god knows what, they are simple, fast, and balanced, although I have heard some quality problems so its a good thing TAG is looking at it. One question though...was your Toxic and LED or something? Eyes? Why did you trade it for the Speed if I may ask? Trixxies RIP, I mean so does the Speed but the Speed has this little bit of kick that I cant get over, especially as opposed to a Trix. Its the weight isnt it! The Speed balances incredible with a rail, well glad your happy with your recent trading! :cool:

JT2002
12-01-2003, 05:18 PM
you know, there really is no reason at all to send it to tag unless its been heavily used.

Fred
12-01-2003, 05:22 PM
What's this?

the super-uber-cool toxic trix wasn't good enough???

i still can't believe you got rid of your SFL...

:rolleyes:

---Fred

AcemanPB
12-01-2003, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by JT2002
you know, there really is no reason at all to send it to tag unless its been heavily used.

I disagree, a tune up from TAG does wonders for Angels. Plus it's good to have someone who understands the Angel really well to look at it. Not saying that you don't know what your doing, just that it's his job and he's probably a little better at it :) .

cphilip
12-01-2003, 05:55 PM
Yes there were some issues with these and its possible the previous owner did not have them attended too. I would indeed have Bob take a look see and update the software if need be so you have a good first experience with it. I think you would feel more comfortable with it after that. Thats what I would do myself.

JT2002
12-01-2003, 05:57 PM
why do u say that? lmao i never even mentioned a single word that i was some sort of uber angel tech man ROFL

magman007
12-01-2003, 05:58 PM
Well, you see... It was a toxic lcd, no eyes. The gun its self ripped, and was amazing. The thing i didnt like, was dye was crapping all over origional trix owners, and trying to phase it out, so we would all buy dm4s. When they sent out the cease and desist orders to the other aftermarket manufacturers, i said to my self, thats it.

Dye cant make a good reg, so just imagine how much they could foul up a trix bolt. And in this situation, dyew would baisically making all the aftermarket accessories for the trix. Im not gunna put crappy parts if i need a replacement on my trix, it aint happenin.

The trix was great, dont get me wrong, but i think i will be happier with the speed.

Fred, believe it or not, ive been happier with rhe trix and the speed than i was with the SFL. The SFL was amazing, yes, but i was just burnt out on mags. Ive been shooting em for the past 3 years, and i just wanted something new. When the crap happened with the Trix, i decided that id like to finally try a WDP product. I can shoot it faster, and with more ease than i could my sfl, plus it is lighter, and it has better gas autonomy. Im damn impressed.

Il still be sendin it off to tag, as i plan on buying volumisers and a new sensi needs to be installed, plus i need him to find out which solenoid i have, and possibly replace that. plus, having the gun work in tip top shape, isnt any thing bad.

DiRTyBuNNy
12-01-2003, 08:13 PM
sounds great, B...hope you enjoy it..

I keep thinking about buying Keely's Speed myself..

JT2002
12-01-2003, 08:22 PM
well you better be ready to upgrade to warped eyes, imho, (and yes i did own a speed) sensi sucks teh c0(K

dinger
12-01-2003, 08:50 PM
www.genmay.com/images/smilies/pics.gif