PDA

View Full Version : Dragunfly upgrades

hotsn16
12-01-2003, 05:55 PM
my friend has one of those dragunfly cockers, can the trigger be replaced with something else? i didnt think it could because it supposedly takes syder threads. if so then i dont know any spyder triggers that have actuating rod slots that connect into the trigger

f3rr3+
12-01-2003, 06:04 PM
yeah he can replace it with a free flow cocker :P

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
12-01-2003, 06:56 PM
and get got a dragunfly cocker why?...

Ryknow
12-01-2003, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
and get got a dragunfly cocker why?...

yea.. M3 = bad. I wouldnt worry bout replacing the trigger, replace the gun with a CCM or Free Flow...

However, to answer your question, I do not think you can replace the trigger. M3 might have some nock-off angel trigger available or something thogh.

Automaggot68
12-01-2003, 09:05 PM
....and why does M3=bad? As long as it shoots, there shouldn't be a problem. I look at those as the poor man's electro cocker, I mean...how cheap are free flows?

hotsn16
12-01-2003, 10:11 PM
yeah i mean i have a BM now and i love it. i just put a ton of upgrades in it too. Yeah but i didnt think that you could upgrade the gun at all, lol haaha sucks for him. another thing eblade the BM or go with a lasoya timmy?

Ryknow
12-01-2003, 11:06 PM
M3 = bad because most of the time it doesnt shoot :).

Lasoya timmy.. no contest. unless you love the feel of the BM.

LeatherPants
12-02-2003, 12:47 AM
Sell it and actually get a cocker.

boggerman
12-02-2003, 05:33 AM
I'm pretty sure that only dragonfly parts fit on these guns, and the quality seem kinda shakey. A few guys that I play with have them, 2 electros and a mech. The mech gun had the feed neck break off completely and one of the pneumatic fittings broke. One of the electros has a leak we can't seem to find in the front block somewhere. The other electro seems fine, and with the JAM bolt in it, it never breaks paint and rips pretty good.

FragTek
12-02-2003, 07:28 AM
hehe, Dragunfly's lick ballllz.

They have a new E-Cocker out that does 20bps, and is all cocker compatible, but I'm sure that it is equally as pathetic, but it at least has a chance for upgrade :)

bgforce
12-02-2003, 10:05 AM
Can't believe you guys don't even consider price when talking about these dragunflys. I got my electronic dragunfly for $250, the 5 way leaked, so I sent it in and got it fixed for nothing and it was back within a week, no questions asked. It runs at 190psi, rarely breaks paint even in full auto mode and is super accurate.

I don't understand how you can tell someone to replace it with a $1000 gun with a straight face.

As far as $250 guns go, I think this one is heads and toes above the rest. So what if something goes wrong. Replacement parts are cheap and the service is good. Save $750 to spend on paint and tournament fees. Drives me nuts seeing guys with $2000 setups who can't afford paint or tourney fees and end up selling and getting out of the sport.

FragTek
12-02-2003, 10:12 AM
$250 would get u a mag :)

I'd rather have a mag than a spyder cocker... But of course thats just my one-sided opinion. :p

-=Squid=-
12-02-2003, 10:26 AM
m3 = good. They make good prices that are uber cheap. My field is selling 2 dragunfly cockers for 200 bucks each, and by the way, pbgear lists dragunflies as m3 products but they are actually products of dragun, and not m3.

EDIT: the new dragun cockers are completely interchangable with cocker parts, but im not sure of the dragunflies.

bgforce
12-02-2003, 10:27 AM
I've owned over 100 mags and for $250, you can't get a new mag to compete with this new Dragunfly. For $365, you could get your new mag $200, add a level 10 kit for $65, get and intelliframe for $100 and have a comparable gun, but it's $115 more.

Though if you look for a used mag, you can pick up a standard feed used for about $130, level 10 for $60, decent barrel for $25 and then you'll just need to learn to work the stock trigger. You'd still need an intelliframe to get the same speed.

Problem is you'll never be able to make the mag shoot at 180 psi and you'll give up many shots off a tank of air due to this and the efficiency of the automag.

You should really shoot one of these Dragunflys before you condemn it. I bought it just because I got a good deal and figured I could make some money reselling it on ebay. But I played with it and I liked it alot more than any of the last 50 mechanical automags or autocockers that I have owned. My favorite thing was not having to worry about shortstroking the trigger which is something I've always had trouble when when I do a run through or bunker someone and the gun is bouncing up and down as I run.

FragTek
12-02-2003, 10:39 AM
I have shot a Dragunfly, I bought 6 of them when they were released and sold them at one helluva good deal. I did take the time to air one up and shoot it, and I wasn't impressed. It is nice that you can pick up an LP gun at this price, but without the ability to upgrade it, totally turns me off.

If you were to buy a cheap used mag, there's always room to upgrade. Upgradability sells. But then so does a low price tag!

bgforce
12-02-2003, 10:47 AM
What needs to be upgraded that couldn't be upgraded on the Dragunfly? Sure it might not be the tinkerers gun, but at my field, seems like only 10% of the players have any idea about how their gun functions, even the tournament players. All they care about is if it shoots fast and doesn't chop paint.

IMO, the biggest shortcomings of the Dragunfly are the sloppy trigger, week feed neck and lack of ACE, but I wouldn't expect those on a stock sub $500 gun.

I'm really excited about the new Drallion, seems to address all those concerns, I'm just hoping I can pick one up for around $300.

-=Squid=-
12-02-2003, 10:50 AM
There is also the zero coming out which is basically a $400 timmy... But actually they had to change the name, and now its the one or something stupid. They changed it because of something with Pearl Harbor...dont ask me.

bgforce
12-02-2003, 11:00 AM
Altogether, I think they're doing a pretty darn good job of putting out Sub $400 guns that can compete right out of the box without a ton of upgrades. In fact, rather than trying to upgrade one of these, you'd probably be better off selling and moving up to the next higher model for an additional $50 or $100.

Furby
12-02-2003, 11:17 AM
http://www.paintballchannel.com/browse.php?mod=article&opt=view&id=321&style=details

KAPP and Dragun sell upgrade triggers for the Dragun guns...

The One kit and Drallions were released to the public December 1st.

hotsn16
12-02-2003, 07:58 PM
ok and all of u that have a mech. m3 dragunfly, i was trying to take out the cocking rod to adjust the speed in the back, and it wont come out...how do u adjust the speed. there is no inline reg pressure, and cant take out the rod, and the front reg isnt adjutsable.

FragTek
12-02-2003, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by hotsn16
ok and all of u that have a mech. m3 dragunfly, i was trying to take out the cocking rod to adjust the speed in the back, and it wont come out...how do u adjust the speed. there is no inline reg pressure, and cant take out the rod, and the front reg isnt adjutsable.

Hmmm, those might all be reasons why those guns are so cheap. :D

bgforce
12-02-2003, 08:11 PM
If your dragunfly came with a main reg, I'm pretty sure it's adjustable. I bought mine without and just put a WGP stock reg on for $20. I know that the LP reg is adjustable. As far as pulling the cocking rod out, this happens all the time with my WGP cockers. Just put a wrench or pliers on it. These things go together and come apart pretty much the same as a WGP cocker.

hotsn16
12-02-2003, 09:01 PM
bravo fragtek bravo, lol

hotsn16
12-02-2003, 09:03 PM
oo another thing its not my dragunfly, lol i have a bm. its my friends and i hate his, lol i was just seeing if it was really as bad as it seemed. i mean i tried to take out the cocking rod and it just wont budge.

bgforce
12-02-2003, 09:16 PM
If you can't figure out how to get the cocking rod out, maybe you should sell it and buy a tippman so you never have to work on it.