PDA

View Full Version : What software version does Havoc, Tom, and Capo run on their X's?

hostage
12-01-2003, 10:41 PM
I am thinking about updating my mag software, though I have heard pros and cons. I am wondering what they use and I am wondering if I should get it.
-Doron

Kevmaster
12-01-2003, 11:08 PM
Tom doesn't have an X, btw

headcase
12-01-2003, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Kevmaster
Tom doesn't have an X, btw

I'm sure he has one(infact according to him, he has all the mags), but the marker is is currently playing with is the Chord Bodied, ULT triggered Mech Mag.

tony3
12-01-2003, 11:37 PM
He better have all the mags, he did invent them.

sneakyhacker420
12-02-2003, 12:15 AM
tom sold his black/gold fade x-mag... because quote "everything is for sale for the right price"

AGD
12-02-2003, 12:15 AM
Ahhh... I really don't have one.

AGD

Nick O time
12-02-2003, 12:19 AM
u don't, looks like someone will have to donate one to you then.;) :p not me.

RobAGD
12-02-2003, 12:22 AM
As i recall,

Clare has q0.9 with custom Text

Havoc has q0.9 with Custom Text

Tom - Has not sot a X in a while so I would think he has 2.4 on his personal gun

I run 3.2 on my X, Q 1.1 on my Emags Ill be testing Q 1.1 on teh X soon.

-Robert

felony
12-02-2003, 12:24 AM
q.9? earier version?

dan

BlackVCG
12-02-2003, 12:30 AM
I use a Morlock board. ;)

18V Warp with independent dwell control is something I'll never give up.

The rest of my team uses Q1.0 with great success.

Army
12-02-2003, 12:55 AM
Q1.1 with scrolling text, in a few days, on my Emag.

Full-on 0.0 manual mode with NO batteries on my MiniChord.

:D

hostage
12-02-2003, 12:57 AM
hrmm okay what should i update my x-mag with? I am confused, some peeps tell me to go with 3.2, a few knowledgeable people i know say dont, and other say go with miscue's. Anyway I have an eye and it doesn't work w/o software :-( mb i should write my own :)
-Doron

Clare
12-02-2003, 01:17 AM
Actually..Curtis is the only one with q0.9, I've got 3.2 on mine :)

pito189
12-02-2003, 01:42 AM
Would Cue's software void the warranty or has it been approved by AGD?

What are the features as compared to AGD 3.2?

FragTek
12-02-2003, 08:26 AM
I guess AGD is still waiting on the final word for the thumbs up on Miscue's software... I keep bugging Rob about it and he won't let me have it :( But, when they give the go-ahead everything should be smooth sailing from there.

I wanna be first in line @ Pev's the day it gets the big 2 thumbs up!

hostage
12-02-2003, 08:33 AM
I am just worried about my marker being buggy, I am using 1.37 on it right now, I have an eye and I would like software compatible with an eye. I am sure most of yall seen the superman x-mag I built.
-Doron

headcase
12-02-2003, 08:37 AM
If you are worried about buggy software you could always get flashed to 2.4, which I I remember correctly is basicly 1.37 - burst + ACE.

By the time my E-mag project is complete, hopefully all of the issues will be resolved.

FragTek
12-02-2003, 08:38 AM
Do u live somewhere close to anyone who can flash your board? That would make it the easiest, so you could get it flashed back if it didnt work for you the way you had expected.

Or, tell wherever you send it to have it flashed to shoot it some and make sure that it is going to work out the way it should, and if it doesnt, have them flash it to 2.4 or something.

Cyberious
12-02-2003, 03:08 PM
I have v 2.1 on mine and am reluctant to do anything to it as it works perfectly.

krafty
12-02-2003, 03:14 PM
1.31 here! :)

Miscue
12-12-2003, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by FragTek
I guess AGD is still waiting on the final word for the thumbs up on Miscue's software... I keep bugging Rob about it and he won't let me have it :( But, when they give the go-ahead everything should be smooth sailing from there.

I wanna be first in line @ Pev's the day it gets the big 2 thumbs up!

Eh, I just came across this thread.

Wow, somebody has 0.9 still eh? I don't even remember what was on it.

Urm... well, nobody from here on is getting Q1.1 unless it receives a blessing... I had a limited release for beta testing, and I'm done with that now.

But um... rumor has it that Q1.1 is not the last chapter of the book... :D
I wouldn't know anything about that... :p

In due time.

Miscue
12-12-2003, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by pito189
Would Cue's software void the warranty or has it been approved by AGD?

What are the features as compared to AGD 3.2?

No, this preliminary version is not AGD approved.

Urm... Q1.1 = AGD 3.2 + Full Alpha/num + Customizable Boot Screen + Scrolling Text + BPS Meter + Resettable Shot Counter + Warp Priming + Improved EEPROM storage + KRider Trigger Test Mode + Solenoid Toggle - 3.2 Trigger test mode - Shot Counter display bug - Trigger held/screen half blank bug. :p

darwin
12-12-2003, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Miscue

No, this preliminary version is not AGD approved.

Urm... Q1.1 = AGD 3.2 + Full Alpha/num + Customizable Boot Screen + Scrolling Text + BPS Meter + Resettable Shot Counter + Warp Priming + Improved EEPROM storage + KRider Trigger Test Mode + Solenoid Toggle - 3.2 Trigger test mode - Shot Counter display bug - Trigger held/screen half blank bug. :p

What shubbery must i bring you to get this software ?

Miscue
12-12-2003, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by darwin

What shubbery must i bring you to get this software ?

Erm... several gallons of a variety of heavily caffeinated beverages. My productivity is proportional to my caffeine levels.

RRfireblade
12-12-2003, 10:28 PM
Hew Miscue,

What was your max ROF on the Q-ware?

How'd you set up the buffering system to function?

Jay.

Miscue
12-12-2003, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by RRfireblade
Hew Miscue,

What was your max ROF on the Q-ware?

How'd you set up the buffering system to function?

Jay.

Well, with 20ms solenoid dwell it could do 26bps no problem. AGD recommends a 30ms dwell to prevent sear wear, and that's what I've been using and will continue to use. However, I am not exactly sure of what top ROF this allows... and not quite sure of what I will change the ROF cap to.

I have a basic algorithm for how it works somewhere in another post... but it's just a vanilla one-shot buffer, pretty much the same thing as 3.2...

darwin
12-12-2003, 10:56 PM

Erm... several gallons of a variety of heavily caffeinated beverages. My productivity is proportional to my caffeine levels.

Take your pick from thinkgekk and ill have it sent over :p

darwin
12-12-2003, 10:57 PM
thinkgeek.com rather

darwin
12-12-2003, 11:35 PM
and where mush i send the shubbery for q .9 or what not?

MinimagRockin'
12-12-2003, 11:35 PM
I was reading this thread and it dawned on me: We now discuss what kind of SOFTWARE our paintball guns have as if they are PCs or something...does that seem crazy to anyone else?

darwin
12-12-2003, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by MinimagRockin'
I was reading this thread and it dawned on me: We now discuss what kind of SOFTWARE our paintball guns have as if they are PCs or something...does that seem crazy to anyone else?

i do linux tech support for a living. honestly i might think its craxy when my x-mag has a kernal and a bash prompt.. but then ill be happy i can write bash scripts for my gun.

i also wouldnt mind a tomagahci on it.. or whatever those things are heh.

but yeah everyone else thought it was odd that i was talking about the software running my gun :p

Army
12-13-2003, 02:26 AM
The best thing about Q1.1, is the BPS Meter. It will take a full one second reading of your shooting, and give you that number. No "liars club" compilation like all other counters, but a TRUE shot per SECOND count. Bouncing the trigger in Hybrid, it shows 26bps. With the 12v mod in my Warpfeed, my Emag SHOOTS PAINT THAT FAST.

Yes...it is wonderfully scary!

Edit: Shot Counter != BPS Meter... :p It's also the only one I'm aware of that let's you detect BPS w/o firing.

DK1
12-13-2003, 10:17 AM
Well, with 20ms solenoid dwell it could do 26bps no problem. AGD recommends a 30ms dwell to prevent sear wear, and that's what I've been using and will continue to use. However, I am not exactly sure of what top ROF this allows... and not quite sure of what I will change the ROF cap to.

well, basically what other delays are there? Or is the only factor dwell? Wouldn't you just add up the dwell + whatever else the trigger waits on and divided that into 1000?

SO, if you ONLY had the 30ms dwell to worry about, you'd be capable of 33.33bps.

DK1

Miscue
12-13-2003, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by DK1

well, basically what other delays are there? Or is the only factor dwell? Wouldn't you just add up the dwell + whatever else the trigger waits on and divided that into 1000?

SO, if you ONLY had the 30ms dwell to worry about, you'd be capable of 33.33bps.

DK1

Well, the solenoid dwell is only the time that it is powered. This does not count the time it takes for the solenoid to make a full stroke.

Miscue
12-13-2003, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Army
Bouncing the trigger in Hybrid, it shows 26bps.

Hurm, can you put that over a chrono and verify that? I wasn't sure if it could actually go that fast @ 30ms.

BTW, I want vids! My guns are in shambles, I can't do one myself right now.