PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of this for a car stereo

PyRo
12-01-2003, 10:49 PM
JVC KS-FX480 Changer Control Cassette Receiver
http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?stk_code=jvcksfx480&svbname=48

With this changer
http://www.ultimate-sounds.com/sony/sonycdchanger.htm
I can pick up that changer for $50 from a friend, although ive heard people say it will not play burnt cd's for the life of the thing, while others don't have problems.

Can anyone recommend some 6x9's and I think 4in round speakers that may sound a little better than my 91 stock ones but not kill my wallet. I'm not looking to have a concert in my car, let the whole neighborhood know I have a radio, or spend ally my money. Thanks.

I want a cassete reciever because my car spends the majority of its life sitting in a public parking garage, if I see it every 3 days i'm doing good. I don't think anyone is breaking into my car to steal a $90 tape deck with no face.

FragTek
12-02-2003, 12:03 AM
I run a Pioneer Premier setup in my Bronco similar to that. It has an uber-nice tape deck head unit and a 6 disc changer, completely owns. It plays CD-R's like a dream too.

Get anything from MB Quart that you can for speakers, I have a passion for them :)

Sounds like what you are talking about would be purdy nice!

BTAutoMag
12-02-2003, 12:50 AM
My best friend has an entirly xplod system... so far it has an xplod head, 4 6x9s, installing the 800 watt 4 channel xplod amp for the 6x9s tomorow, in the mail is 2 xplod 1000 watt subs with 2 1000 watt xplod amps...

2800 watts of xplod power...

right now his car has 200 watts and i still go def, i cant wait till i get it all pieced together.

PyRo
12-02-2003, 01:20 AM
I would like to have a decent system, i'm just afraid of theft. Thats why I want it to look as lousy as possible. Just like I want to put a 427 in there and keep it looking and sounding as stock as possible, throw some 2.8l badges on it :)

FragTek
12-02-2003, 07:20 AM
Personally I would stay as far away from the Xplod line as possible, at least when it comes to subs and amps. Everything is over-advertised for powerhandling, and they don't create a low freqency like they should. The mids, highs, and decks are pretty good however. I pieced together an Xplod bass setup in my Celica and it was pretty sad to say the least. When it comes to bass, theres only one way to go: Eclipse, Kicker, and Phoenix Gold, and some of the Rockford amps are nice (the BD1000 for example is a kick *** sub driving amp).

PyRo
12-04-2003, 06:10 PM
I don't plan on putting in any explode stuff, or subs :)