PDA

View Full Version : electro cocker guys need got a question

Nick O time
12-02-2003, 12:21 AM
I got a shorty body and want to get either the ANS frame or the Race frame(same thing different eyes). but anyways the shorty body came premilled for eyes. i need to know what eyes its milled for. if you look closely at the picture, the milling for the eyes are right next to the ball detent slot.
hope the pics work:

Edit: guess it didn't work(the pics were hosted from some other place fyi) so here is an ebay link to where i got it from:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3639097977&indexURL=4&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting

hope the ebay link works

Nick O time
12-02-2003, 01:21 AM
yar

boggerman
12-02-2003, 05:24 AM
Are you asking if this is for ANS vs. Raceframe or ANS vs. EBlade? If you are asking about EBlade, then no this is not where the EBlade eye goes. From what I have seen of them, this appears to be the ANS eye location. Hope this helps a little.

louie
12-02-2003, 07:31 AM
Looks like a real halfblock body and those are made by RaceGun.

FragTek
12-02-2003, 08:20 AM
It's FAR from a real RG halfblock body... compare the two and you will see the major milling differences.

As far as I know the RaceGun eye goes on the RIGHT side of the gun, so I would guess that its pre-drilled for the ANS eye.

headcase
12-02-2003, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by FragTek
It's FAR from a real RG halfblock body... compare the two and you will see the major milling differences.

As far as I know the RaceGun eye goes on the RIGHT side of the gun, so I would guess that its pre-drilled for the ANS eye.

That sure looks like the milling that Racegun was showing off on the original Halfblocks a while back.

As far as the eyes go, the Race set up is a beam break set, so the holes will be on both sides. From what I hear about the ANS it is the same electronics as the Race, except installed in a different frame.

So I would say get the Race eyes, or call ANS and get them from them.

Nick O time
12-02-2003, 03:18 PM
just asking about what the body is milled for, not what frame to get. I am gonna get an ANS frame if any of you care because i like the ANS eyes more. The ANS eyes are more like timmy eyes which imo are better than a single eye. Anyways thanks for the info everyone.

maglover52
12-02-2003, 04:49 PM
yeah thats not an eblade milling so its either race or ans. look in the pic at the top it has a trigger frame (i cant tell the diffrence between ans and race) thats probally what its milled for. nice lookin body though!

Nick O time
12-02-2003, 05:03 PM
yeah in the picture it shows the gun with a raceframe but no eye connections. so i am not sure i think its an ans though, because ans has the dual eye system where as the race frame only has one eye(i am pretty sure) but i just want to be certain.

UltimatePaintballer
12-02-2003, 09:27 PM
HA! its got a shocktech front block screw on it. lol just noticed it and for some reason i needed to point it out. otherwise he knows its not for an eblade frame so stop pointing it out:rolleyes:

Ice-Child
12-02-2003, 09:33 PM
FIRST LET ME START WITH, That is NOT a Racegun Halfblock

It is the proto type body. They were made by MacDev for Racegun. It is milled for the Race eye. You may find a few parts hard to find or hard to install. But once you get it together, you will like it. If you have any problems, call Tom at Racegun USA. He can help you out a little. But right now they are all at Pan/Am in Vegas. So wait till this coming monday to call.

You won that from the guy in Hawaii. He bought 15 of them in all from MacDev. Its a long story, but they are not cut to Racegun Specs. So they wont use the same parts as a Racegun Halfblock. So you will more then likely need to call Tom. His number is 714-528-RACE(7223). They are in Placentia, Ca.. If that helps you at all.

Hope that Helps,
Rob

Ice-Child
12-02-2003, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by FragTek

Just a little peak at the real deal Racegun Halfblock
http://www.endlessquests.com/Halfies/Halfies_002.jpg
Team Mates
http://www.endlessquests.com/Halfies/Halfies_003.jpg

We have two more on the way. A Solid Black one (my backup), and a solid Blue one.

Later
Rob

UltimatePaintballer
12-02-2003, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Ice-Child
[B]
Hope that Helps,

hope it helps?!?!?!? dude you just saved him alot of stress and his dad 550 bucks! great work:D :)

Ice-Child
12-02-2003, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by headcase
That sure looks like the milling that Racegun was showing off on the original Halfblocks a while back.

It is, to a point. MacDev did the first proto type bodies for them. So it is the design they were showing off. But it wasnt the final public design. The one released to the public is just like the two I posted above. It actually isnt a bad body design. But I like the new design better. Easier to keep clean, better looking overall.

Rob

Nick O time
12-02-2003, 09:49 PM
i do like the new ones more, but i didn't want to get on a waiting list. well thanks man u r a life saver.

Edit: what exactly is different besides looks like any flaws or anything? thanks

lol just a thought but does that mean mine is more rare than the others since it is a proto body?

Ice-Child
12-02-2003, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Nick O time
lol just a thought but does that mean mine is more rare than the others since it is a proto body?

Yes and no. Yes, seeing as how it was the orignal body they were going to use. Also seeing as how they only made like 50 if I remember right. But it falls under the kit form. So to a point, yes the kit will be more rare then the Racegun Halfblock kit form. Seeing as how they will not be offering a kit for of the Racegun Halfblock. But as kits go, it will be special, but probably not as special as you are hoping.

As for differences, the Halfblocks are all factory assembled. Which measn if anything has to be FIT, it is done there. If I remember right, Tom got one of these bodies like 6 monthes ago. And it gave him a fit till he finally got it all adjusted right. But like I said in the above post, just give him a call when he gets back from Vegas (Pan/Am Games), I am sure he would be willing to at least talk you through some of it. There is a whole story behind those bodies. And it isnt pretty. But he should be more then happy to help you get it straight.

Later
Rob

Nick O time
12-02-2003, 10:53 PM
buy everything from my field and have them install all of it for free and get lifetime waranty on it from them if it breaks down. that will probably the easiest way besides sending it in to Racegun, which i don't really want to do because that is just the way i am.:p