PDA

View Full Version : How do you degas your x/rt/e/retrovalves?

Aegis
12-02-2003, 02:26 AM
I have been using a proconnect but it seems a sin to put that big old stainless monster on an xvalve. Kind of interested in the purge valve from cooper-t but have not seen one in action. What are you using to get the pressure out of the line?

rikkter
12-02-2003, 06:01 AM
simple quick disconnect recommended by Black.
i couldn't be happier with it.
dont have all that big bulky proconnect that did jack for me anyways.

simply turn tank off, shoot out existing air, then press both QD parts together and take off, and the pressure in the line is minimal.

Aegis
12-02-2003, 12:35 PM
Forgot to mention, I am talking about tanks that do not have an on/off like the Geddon, raptor, etc..

Blennidae
12-02-2003, 01:48 PM
On my retro with a scrw in tank, I have an on/off ASA. I turn it off, dry fire until it will no longer cycle and then pop the QD. I do the same for my Emag with a tank with an on/off. I use SS lines, so I don't have to worry about chewing up the ends of macroline. I do get a good blast of air, but thats the price for L10.

If I had a regular ASA, I'd probably partially unscrew the tank to let the pin out, then do the same thing.

rikkter
12-02-2003, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Aegis
Forgot to mention, I am talking about tanks that do not have an on/off like the Geddon, raptor, etc..

i have a raptor. :)
as soon as i get my gear back from me going to texas (had to ship gun and tank there), i'll take apicture of the setup.
but its basically like this
http://www.doropaintball.com/AB1038101Equick/shopexd.asp?id=5662
one of those in the output, then elbow, male end of QD, and then female on macro, straight to 90 on valve.

Carpecerevisi
12-04-2003, 09:15 PM
I have a slidecheck that I broke somehow and now its just a bleed valve. Slide down, turn on maxy, gas up, play. Then after play, turn off maxy, slide up, it goes PSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHH!, disconnect. Quite handy.

DK1
12-04-2003, 10:33 PM
I went bulky, I ran a slide check w/ QD on braided hose. BTW, I really reccomend that you DO NOT use macro or micro line on a mag. You usually run the input pressure on a mag at over 700psi, and the fittings used for macroline are ususally rated for 200psi burst MAX. That's not safe...

DK1

sneakyhacker420
12-05-2003, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by DK1
I went bulky, I ran a slide check w/ QD on braided hose. BTW, I really reccomend that you DO NOT use macro or micro line on a mag. You usually run the input pressure on a mag at over 700psi, and the fittings used for macroline are ususally rated for 200psi burst MAX. That's not safe...

DK1 ahem... i've never had problems with macroline in my life, and if they weren't safe, then Tunaman wouldn't use em... nor would hundreds of other people

the fittings are rated to 3000psi, while macro is generally rated to 1000psi operating pressure... 1500-2000psi burst

and carpercerevisi... thats what a slide chekc is supposed to do :rolleyes: :p

DK1
12-05-2003, 07:51 AM
if they have found macroline fittings rated to 3000psi, I'd like to see where. Seriously, I looked for a long time for them, and never found them. That's been confirmed by several other people also. Stainless fittings without the swivel are rated quite high, but I've never seen a push to connect fitting that got over even 300psi working pressure, which is probably 900psi burst. I even checked the really nice $15 a pop parker fittings. I've never had a problem with macroline either, however I've talked to people that have, and it's not something I care to fool around with.

Oh, and macroline is NOT usually rated at 1000psi working pressure. Some is, but most of the time the BURST pressre is 1000 to 1250psi, with a working pressure somewhere around 300- 500psi, but then again, it's not the hose that's the problem, it's those swivel fittings.

DK1

jewie27
01-03-2004, 06:43 PM
1.) Empty paintballs from marker/loader
2.) hold gun in one hand.
3.) hold tank in other hand.
4.) unscrew the tank while pulling the trigger.
5.) keep going until the tank is off the marker.
6.) If it doesn't work, repeat these steps.

how hard is it to degas a marker?

Dayspring
01-03-2004, 07:58 PM
Jewie- you would think so. However the Level 10 keeps a residual pressure inside the gun. If you were to take the valve out with this air pressure inside, you could possibly shoot the on/off pin out of the valve. That is if you have a flatline or other adjustable that doesn't have a bleed valve.

A QD, or slide check are quick solutions. The Proconnect is the best solution however.

Aegis
01-04-2004, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by jewie27
1.) Empty paintballs from marker/loader
2.) hold gun in one hand.
3.) hold tank in other hand.
4.) unscrew the tank while pulling the trigger.
5.) keep going until the tank is off the marker.
6.) If it doesn't work, repeat these steps.

how hard is it to degas a marker?

You are correct as long as a screw-in tank is being used. Even with a flatline you need some way to vent the line, not to mention raptors, armageddons, etc..