PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about the Conquest 03

Twon
12-02-2003, 09:51 AM
Okay, sunday, I'm getting a new gun, probably an A4, unless they can make me try the DM4. Anyways...I also need a tank. I definatly want an adjustable one but don't know which one to choose.

I don't want a Maxflow neither an AIR. I was thinking about an Air America Apo 2K or a Conquest. I owned a AA Apo and I liked way you could adjust the output pressure to any settings and the lifetime warranty but that tank was heavy. I never tryed a Conquest but I like the fact that it's compact, comes with it's onw rail and have bleed valve but I heard that some tanks were leaking. I also heard that the reg cannot be set beyond 600psi. Can you buy a HP spring set for it?

So, should I get a Macdev Conquest? I want the best flow possible.

Thanks

Twon

LudavicoSoldier
12-02-2003, 10:17 AM
The MacDev Conquest puts out 650PSI MAX. I learned this the hard way. I bought a Conquest for my mag, only to realize that it wouldnt feed my baby high enough pressure for the RT to work. That said, the Conquest is an EXCELLENT reg. You could single reg your angel using it.

FragTek
12-02-2003, 10:21 AM
The Conquest is a phenomenal reg system. Not to mention that the entire package is very light.

And no, it won't work for us magger :( But, for anything thats low-mid pressure this baby completely r0x0rs! The Apoc. 2k is also a great system, though not as light has a higher degree of adjustability and is a little larger in overall size. Nothing beats the AA Lifetime warranty. I'm not sure on MacDev's warranty plan, but I am sure that it's a good one because they only make quality products :)

So my final verdict would be the Conquest if u are getting the A4, or a DM4. How much u spending on your A4? I can get u one with your choice of color for $1250 shipped.

Twon
12-02-2003, 10:40 AM
Thanks for the quick response, but what about that leaking issue?

Twon

FragTek
12-02-2003, 10:43 AM
$1300 USD shipped to Canada, insurance rates and international fees are a killer. I still think that beats anyone else's price on them. LMK.

About the leaking Conquests, I haven't heard of this problem, but I am sure that it is around. It doesn't sound like a very common issue, and I am sure that macdev would get it fixed up for you in no time if the proble arose.

wyn1370
12-02-2003, 10:45 AM
The leaking issue was in one of the first few runs. I haven't heard of any problems in the recent past.

MicroMiniMe
12-02-2003, 01:24 PM
Theres no high pressure spring conversion kits for these? Anyone contact MacDev to ask?

LudavicoSoldier
12-02-2003, 01:47 PM
I have contacted MacDev about a higer pressure spring. This was their response:

"Dan,

I'm sorry that it has taken so long to answer your email, but the factory
has been closed for maintenance.

I'm sorry, but we do not make a stiffer spring for the conquest - there is
no retrofit to increase the output above 700psi.

Regards,
Bourke Grundy
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MacDev Paintball- Australia
Manufacturers of the Sonic range of markers and upgrades,
Gladiator inline reg and Conquest air/Nitro System
www.macdev.net
"

FYI