PDA

View Full Version : I'd like a shorter trigger pull, any suggestions?

LockNLoad
12-02-2003, 12:20 PM
I'd like a shorter trigger pull. But, I have a Classic Mag and don't have the funds for an XValve to be able to get the ULT.

Will adjusting the trigger rod help? Or how about trigger stops?

dinger
12-02-2003, 12:24 PM
the ult works on more than just the xvalve :o

Dayspring
12-02-2003, 12:26 PM
DO NOT adjust the trigger rod.

You change the relationship between the sear, bolt, on/off pin and trigger. Otherwords- BAD.

You can try and to a trigger stop, but you need to make sure the sear is fully engaged and out of the way of the bolt (to prevent chipping of either) and THEN stop it.

FragTek
12-02-2003, 12:34 PM
See how much u can sell your classic valve for and find an RT valve (about $150), and modify a ULT to work in that. That's my suggestion.

Kevmaster
12-02-2003, 01:11 PM
couple things

mag triggers don't get shorter, really. Adding a ULT, X-Valve, Intelliframe will make the pull EASIER, but not SHORTER. There is no good, consistent way to get it shorter. DONT adjust the trigger rod,

WARPED1
12-02-2003, 01:23 PM
I do believe the ULE Trigger kit works in classic valves.

tyrion2323
12-02-2003, 01:37 PM
In terms of making the trigger pull lighter, a ULT would work; however, without an xVALVE or at least a Level 10, this would just cause more problems than it would fix.

The trigger pull itself is going to be determined by your trigger frame, and how long of a stroke it takes to push the sear to release the bolt, so you're not going to get much in the way of a shortened trigger.

Personally, I like the crisp trigger of the 'mag, but that's me.

Jacob

barberjohn
12-02-2003, 04:28 PM
no, a ult will not work well in a classic valve. this is because they do not have the double oring config in the on/off valve. only the xvalve has this, but there is someone in the dealers forum that is drilling out old ss valves so that the ults will work in them. also, it will not lighten the trigger pull hardly on a classic, it will just make it more prone to short stroking. thats my two cents.

Dayspring
12-02-2003, 04:48 PM
Actually, classic valves have the 2 oring setup.

It's the lack of reactive kick that's the issue.

The ULT brings the reactive kick of an RT valve down to almost nothing. (the RT on/off gets full input pressure from the tank- 800+)

The Classic valve only gets regulated pressure to the on/off pin (~450). Therefore, the pressure to reset the sear is considerably less in a classic valve.

That's why there's shortstroking problems.

DJBacon06
12-02-2003, 04:49 PM
Used hyper frame?

barberjohn
12-02-2003, 04:55 PM
oh yea, thats right:rolleyes: . i have seen some people put trigger stops on thier frames, but i dont really know if they work that well. the new vert frames from coolhand i believe come with a set screw so you can tune the pull down alot.

rikkter
12-02-2003, 04:57 PM
all pwned. 477 uR b4s3s b3l0ng t0 u5
theres a thread floating around here somewhere with videos of someone who has a ULT in a classic. two videos. one without, and one with ULT.