PDA

View Full Version : Possible E-Mag Bounce Solution (Hybrid mode)

xrancid_milkx
12-03-2003, 12:53 AM
As most E-Mag owners know there is a risk of not being able to play in tourneys if a ref can find bounce in Hyrbid mode, which isn't very hard at all. One solution many people resort to is removing or shortening the mech mode sear pin. But that is usually irreversible or throws manual mode all out of wack.

One solution, I noticed thanks the Coolhand's logic blade trigger (technically stole :rolleyes: ), would be to drill and tap a hole just where the sear pin would come into contact with the trigger and screw in a removable tiny allen wrench screw in the tapped hole. This way, with it screwed in, Manual mode and Hybrid mode would still work. But for a tourney, you can unscrew it and hybrid/maunal mode won't be able to be used, killing the risk of a ref finding bounce.

And if you electrontics die/battery dies, simply screw it back in and you can use Manual mode again.

But here is my question, would the tapped hole be too close the the trigger's HES magnets? And how big exactly would this drilled hole have to be?

cledford
12-03-2003, 10:19 AM
Good idea. I haven't seen the trigger in person to know if there is room but it sounds feasable.

Good thinking, we need something to resolve this issue.

My idea was to create a new selector (with subsurface notches cut into it like a bicycle lock) that requires a special key or tool to turn.

That way a ref can use the key to put the marker in mech mode for chrono, then put it back to E for the player. There is a slight chance a player on the field could cheat the system - but it seem unlikely.

-Calvin

Koosh
12-03-2003, 11:17 PM
I had an idea similar to Cledfords, just make the selector switch removeable. You loose the manual mode if you need it in game, but you'd loose that if you took out the trigger rod too...

Outlaw5
12-12-2003, 12:19 PM
Gents, I have this trigger and the hole in question is not to close to the HES Magnet to effect the sensor or change the firing point. I beleive that if your a tourney player and you can deal with a blade trigger, I personnally love it, that you should get Coolhands trigger. I have stated before that I could never walk a trigger in any marker until I got Coolhands trigger and 3.2. Now people are scared adn run away because they think I'm shooting auto, we know that's impossible with 3.2 but because I can now walk the daylights out of my X-Mag the full potential of the marker is out. I highly recommend this trigger for anyone who has an E or X-Mag. You will not be disappointed. just my 2 cents. :cool:

xrancid_milkx
12-12-2003, 12:30 PM
How hard is it to install? Can a dummy (me) do it without risking breaking something?

Outlaw5
12-12-2003, 03:04 PM
Yes it is very easy to install. Go to Coolhand's Site, he is in the dealers section of AO and he will tell you all that you get and how it is done. I feel I'm pretty mechanically inclined,(wife would disagree) but I felt it was very very easy and straight forward. Again I highly recommend this trigger. :D

Crimson_Turkey
12-13-2003, 03:10 PM
I say trip a laser rather than use an HES. Still 0 friction, but there is no bounce problem either.

RRfireblade
12-16-2003, 08:22 PM
Ehem.....

Posted in the Logic trigger sale thread on 11/06/03.
------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=108035&perpage=30&pagenumber=4

As far as I'm converned,it's about as good as you could get for an E/Xmag considering what's involved.Feel wise,it's right on for me,I love ND triggers and have them in other guns and this is nearly identical.

It seems to fell lighter than stock in the gun and a little more responsive.

The extra adjustment is nice and allows for endless combinations of eletro pulls and mechanical pulls without effecting each other.

Also,

Ryan this is for your info especially(you can pay me back later),some people have had a concern about Tournys being critical of Hybrid mode and R/T bounce while in electro.There has been many ideas on how to remedy that concern such as removing the trigger rod and custom milled selectors as well others.Here's the hidden secret feature. REMOVE THE TRIGGER ROD ADJUSTMENT SCREW. Done.Electro ONLY,no concerns about R/T induced bounce and it only takes about 30 seconds to do with this trigger.Hows that for nifty.

Jay.

;) Already possible in the design,although inadvertainly.