PDA

View Full Version : To AGD Employees: an xMAG question

tyrion2323
12-03-2003, 12:49 PM
Hi guys,

How are you? Here's my questiion: I heard on the forums that the reason that the xMAGS take so long is because the bodies are from AGD Europe, not AGD USA. Well, I figured that I should draw up some cool schematics of some other cool looking bodies which you could package the xMAGS in for people who don't want the "alien" looking one that is currently sold.

Thoughts?

I can send them to you once I draw them on paint.

Jacob

Dayspring
12-03-2003, 12:54 PM
Not to rain on your parade or anything, but unless you do it in CAD and can make them prettier than Nicad & the Deadlywind boys' bodies, I don't think you have a shot.

Here's some confetti...

GA Devil
12-03-2003, 01:00 PM
hmmm got me thinking tho. Would it be possible to get the cad file of the sluggo? Ive worked in Cad about 13 years now and have my own copy of 14, 2000 and 2004. Would be interested in trying to design a body. Would love to try at least. Can pass it back to Nicad or whoever to make sure its to specs and worth making or not. Just a thought.

Dayspring
12-03-2003, 01:02 PM
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=73563

Ask and you shall receive. :D

wyn1370
12-03-2003, 01:03 PM
I don't see why not. That was the whole idea behind the xbody and the slugo was to make more options for customization available.

GA Devil
12-03-2003, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Dayspring

Ask and you shall receive. :D

Thank you very much. ill see what I can do with it. Ill start some design ideas tonight.

cphilip
12-03-2003, 02:05 PM
Go GA! make us the "Redneck Version" of the body! Whooooot! Might I suggest a shape sort of reminisent of a boiled peanut?

:D

MicroMiniMe
12-03-2003, 02:13 PM
Can you fit a few 'junked cars in the yard' designs in. My pappy comes from good redneck stock :)

GA Devil
12-03-2003, 02:14 PM
Yeah right now I have about 4 ideas floating in my disaster of a melon. Cant wait to get home and start sketching 1 out. Also would have to find a place that could do the milling work on them.

AGD
12-03-2003, 02:33 PM
If you come up with a design you should send it to AGD-E if you want to make it happen yourself you should design it around the SLUG.

AGD

GA Devil
12-03-2003, 03:05 PM
Where can I find the min. requirements for the thickness of the material, so I know not to try to shave too much off. And where I have to leave material and where I can remove it. Also would adding material for the sole purpose of looks on the very top not interfering with any components cause any problems? I wouldnt think so but figured I would ask to be sure. I would need to add a little for a desing i have in mind to the top running front to back and skiping at the feed neck.

felony
12-04-2003, 11:15 AM
WHy is AGD-E the only ones who cn mill the x-mag modular body or whatever it is called.

Wouldn't it be more effecient if others got in on it? and by others i mean professionals..

dan

sneakyhacker420
12-04-2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by felony
WHy is AGD-E the only ones who cn mill the x-mag modular body or whatever it is called.

Wouldn't it be more effecient if others got in on it? and by others i mean professionals..

dan AGD-E is a store in the UK which took the name of AGD-E, and they own all rights attributed to the X-Mag body, because they designed, created, and now mill them

speeddemon
12-04-2003, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by cphilip
Go GA! make us the "Redneck Version" of the body! Whooooot! Might I suggest a shape sort of reminisent of a boiled peanut?

:D
Well the only problem with the boiled peanut body is that 80% of the country has no clue what boiled peanuts are. (And they call us slow and behind the times:rolleyes: :D )

Wynken
12-04-2003, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by speeddemon

Well the only problem with the boiled peanut body is that 80% of the country has no clue what boiled peanuts are. (And they call us slow and behind the times:rolleyes: :D )

On that note... what's a boiled peanut? I would think it would be umm... soggy and unenjoyable. But, that's probably not the case.

Curly
12-04-2003, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Wynken

On that note... what's a boiled peanut? I would think it would be umm... soggy and unenjoyable. But, that's probably not the case.

BlackVCG might know, he is a redkneck that lives in your kneck of the woods.

gibby
12-04-2003, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by tyrion2323
I can send them to you once I draw them on paint.
Hehe! If you can make your design look good on paint...I'm sure it might be impressive! :D JK!! Good luck!

Wynken
12-04-2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Curly

BlackVCG might know, he is a redkneck that lives in your kneck of the woods.

I'll ask him next time I see him, but I don't know that he fits the definition of redneck.